DLC on sale for 200 points!

• 74 results
#1 Edited by louiedog (2335 posts) -

The major DLC packs for this game are now on sale for 200 points each on the XBLM. They should be tomorrow's one-day sale item, but the prices are live now. That's $7.50 for what would normally be $24. If you have ME2 and are missing any of the packs, now is the time to get them!

Kasumi - Stolen Memory (normally 560 pts)
Overlord  (normally 560 pts)
Lair of the Shadow Broker  (normally 800 pts)

edit: I should also point out that as of right now this is only working on xbox.com, at least for some people. It should be updated on the console later tonight/early tomorrow.
 edit 2: The deal is live and should work just fine for everyone on the console as well.

#2 Posted by Skytylz (4030 posts) -

Sweet, time to get my S Rank Back!

#3 Edited by T0mF5 (928 posts) -

YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! I AM SO HAPPY I WAITED TO BUY THIS.

#4 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10510 posts) -

Great! But can you guy just 200 points? 

#5 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

Holy fucking shit balls. I was just thinking about getting these last week now i definitely getting them, S rank here i come.

#6 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" Great! But can you guy just 200 points?  "
Nope, that's how they get you. Luckily they've been having some great one-day sales for the holiday, like Alan Wake's The Writer for 200 points last week.
#7 Posted by EpicSteve (6479 posts) -

Nice!

#8 Posted by ThePickle (4155 posts) -

Just beat ME2, now it's time to go back in. 

#9 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

damn no points

#10 Posted by Phototropic (67 posts) -

I have 700 points and had been holding out for a GOTY edition.  Looks like my ship has come in.

#11 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

I just bought all 3, so damn excited for my 3rd play-through!! 

I'm thinking Infiltrator on Hard.

#12 Posted by LiquidPrince (15849 posts) -

I already have them so... But this is cool.

#13 Posted by Vital (162 posts) -

Your joking.. I just got rid of the 600 extra points on my account. :(

Time to buy more points!

#14 Posted by Genjai (300 posts) -

Sweeet! ...wait, I already own this. aww, :^(

#15 Posted by Falconer (1681 posts) -

I love you OP.

#16 Edited by Vital (162 posts) -

Well, there goes $7.50... 

Thanks  louiedog!

-Edit:
Is there a way to check the daily deals on their website.

#17 Posted by DJSire (45 posts) -

That just great... because like an idiot, I got myself some MS points while Christmas shopping, and purchased Shadow Broker about 5 days before this sale... FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

#18 Posted by Phototropic (67 posts) -

Overlord is still 560 for me.  Grabbed the other 2.

#19 Edited by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -
@Vital said:

" Well, there goes $7.50... 

Thanks  louiedog!  -Edit: Is there a way to check the daily deals on their website. "

They show the deal of the week on their website under the games+marketplace section. Right now they have deals everyday i think.
#20 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -
@Vital said:
" Well, there goes $7.50... 

Thanks  louiedog!  -Edit: Is there a way to check the daily deals on their website. "
Not sure. I'm away from my console for the holiday so I don't know if they advertise it there either. What you can do is follow Major Nelson on twitter (@majornelson) or check his site (and add it to your RSS reader if you use one) at www.majornelson.com. He gives the scoop on sales and what's new on the marketplace. There's also this great CAG thread where I found out about this tonight. Major Nelson will update his page when this deal is official, but people on CAG are quicker to the punch and provide discussion and more info.
#21 Posted by csl316 (8147 posts) -

oh damn.  quality, quality sales.  just finished shadow broker over the weekend, so i can say that all three of those are totally worth it.

#22 Posted by LlamaLlama (174 posts) -

Funny, considering I just bought Shadow Broker finally after waiting to play it during holidays. Oh well.
#23 Posted by dragonzord (811 posts) -

Shadow Broker was ridiculously overpriced. It's as short as Overlord, if not shorter. It also has a huge change in the universe that should've been in either ME2 or ME3. 

I swear, Rockstar and Bethesda are the only people who know how to do paid DLC. And even Bethesda is iffy.

#24 Posted by Phototropic (67 posts) -
@Phototropic said:
" Overlord is still 560 for me.  Grabbed the other 2. "
Got it from the web for 200 thanks to the CAG notes.
#25 Posted by gla55jAw (2686 posts) -

Oh shit. Thanks. Going to pick up Shadow Broker and Overlord.

#26 Posted by septim (774 posts) -

Shadow Broker is totally worth it. I just bought it a couple weeks ago at full price and have no regrets.

Will be picking up Kasumi and Overlord.

#27 Posted by DougQuaid (1273 posts) -

FUUUUUUUUCK YES! 

Finally I get to play these and get my S-rank back!  Only problem is that it's been months since I've played ME2... so I guess now I have to replay it all once again.

#28 Posted by Vinny_Says (5691 posts) -
@louiedog: I already have Kasumi....how do I download this now?
#29 Posted by Hector (3356 posts) -

Can't believe I bought this DLC just a few weeks ago. Should've waited.

#30 Posted by Aleryn (704 posts) -

Wow.  It's actually a great sale.  Thanks for the heads up!!!

#31 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -
@blacklabeldomm said:
" @louiedog: I already have Kasumi....how do I download this now? "
I'm not sure I understand. The links in my first post lead to each piece of DLC which should show priced at 200 points.
#32 Posted by Chris2KLee (2330 posts) -

That's a hell of a price. I say get it all if you don't have it.

#33 Posted by MOAB (374 posts) -

i've been holding off buying the dlc because i spent way too much time on this game, so this sale is perfect! i've been anticipating this all week thanks to the hint they gave. points well spent!

#34 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Well, I just got ME2 on Black Friday for $10. It would only be fitting to get it's DLC for $7. I win!

#35 Posted by Gamer_152 (14053 posts) -

Thanks for the tip-off. Had some left over points on my account and got Lair of the Shadow Broker.

#36 Posted by isles (232 posts) -

Bought Shadow Broker yesterday, goddamnit.

#37 Posted by Ramone (2960 posts) -

Cool, finally something I can spend those 'free' 800 MS points on.

#38 Edited by Venatio (4482 posts) -

Just bought Overlord, already got the other ones though, thanks for the tip

Had 240 points on my account, perfect

#39 Posted by Jimbo (9775 posts) -

Still full price on PC.  Fuckers.

#40 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (832 posts) -

You would have to be crazy not to play these at full price, but with this sale, you'd just have to be stupid.

#41 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -
@Jimbo said:
" Still full price on PC.  Fuckers. "
This is part of a promotion/sale specific to XBLA. I'm sure they'll be discounted on Steam eventually.
#42 Posted by datarez (541 posts) -
@louiedog:  Thank you sir.  I also but out the bat signal to all my friends who I know play it as well.
#43 Posted by Marmaladebrat (298 posts) -

Thanks for the alert. They are now all paid for and awaiting download.

#44 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

This makes me regret getting Kasumi a couple of days ago, but also makes me happy since I haven't bought the other two yet. 
S-Rank, here I come!

#45 Posted by jozzy (2041 posts) -
Bought Kasumi, already had the other ones. No S-rank for me though, because I don't have the cerberus network... Yeah, they got me I bought a used copy. Not paying 1200 points for an S-rank (and crappy content).
#46 Edited by Hennet_sim (339 posts) -

I been waiting for a chance to get all the packs and this sale is the time to do it.

#47 Posted by Mrnitropb (2090 posts) -

Sweet.

#48 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -

Great to know.  Just gotta make sure I get console time tonight.

#49 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

Fuuuuuuck yeeeeeees!  :P 

Buying!

#50 Posted by Dudacles (1442 posts) -

This is a great deal. Too bad I had already bought Kasumi and Overlord for like 320 points in an earlier deal (since I have not yet played them) but Lair of the Shadow Broker was the piece of DLC that I desperately wanted and you can't go wrong with content that merely costs 200 MSP.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.