Favorite new character?

• 54 results
#1 Posted by Zombie (201 posts) -

Doesn't have to be in your squad. 

For some reason I find Thane the most interesting. Always have him in my squad.

#2 Posted by FartyMcNarly (566 posts) -

Zaeed, he has the best stories.

#3 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

legion

#4 Posted by igloodude (63 posts) -

I really like Jacob.

Interestingly enough, I also like Kanye West.

#5 Posted by carlthenimrod (1594 posts) -

Mordin wins for me. I like all the new characters though.

#6 Posted by igloodude (63 posts) -

Wait, I forgot about Mordin! Never mind Jacob, Mordy Mord's my favorite.

#7 Posted by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

Legion was fascinating, but more for the information he provided than his character specifically, if you can even call him a "character."

So Mordin, basically.

#8 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -
  1. Mordin
  2. Thane
  3. Jack
#9 Posted by notorganic (15 posts) -

Thane was easily the most interesting. It's a pity that I had no real use for him.

#10 Posted by BibleDoctor (698 posts) -

Legion, or Miranda for the LI factor.

#11 Posted by thejamster (263 posts) -

Grunt, I found his progress as a krogan intriguing 

#12 Posted by CaptainObvious (2998 posts) -

Mordin, Thane, Samara and Grunt.

#13 Posted by JiuJitsuka85 (377 posts) -

Grunt and Thane by far.

#14 Posted by xyzygy (9990 posts) -

Legion and Thane and Mordin and Grunt and Samara and Miranda.

#15 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

It's easier to ask me which one I don't like: Jacob

#16 Posted by xyzygy (9990 posts) -
@S0ndor said:
" It's easier to ask me which one I don't like: Jacob "
Haha yeah, that's an easy way for me to put it too :D
#17 Edited by Garrus (543 posts) -

I think either Legion or Zaeed is my fave pair, can't seem to split the tie there. Legion is funny, Zaeed even when he's not gonna speak about anything but his little museum, he is pretty funny.

And legion knows how to dance. Infact, if only we picked up Legion first...he could have taught Grunt how to dance and we could have taken both to Omega while Grunt grows up through his adolescence stage.

#18 Posted by Phantom_Crash (298 posts) -

1. Jacob/Grunt
2. Miranda

#19 Posted by ptys (1956 posts) -

I like Miranda when I'm playing as my Fem-Shep. She's just good in battle and it's really easy to piss her off!

#20 Posted by Dj (913 posts) -

I like Miranda and Thane.

#21 Posted by LegionFan (9 posts) -

1. Legion
2. Mordin
3. Thane
4. Grunt.

#22 Posted by Roboyto (80 posts) -

Favorite new character is definitely Mordin. He's so well fleshed out and the conversations you have with him regarding his past work are great! He doesn't bullshit around, he tells you he's done some horrible things and made decisions that he wishes he didnt have to make but no one else could be trusted with. He regrets his past but he knows that what he did was necessary to help not just the galaxy as a whole, but also the group that he hurt with his work.

Honestly though, I loved all of the characters except for Jacob, and even he was pretty good, just so cut and dry compared to the rest of the cast. Huge nod to BioWare for putting the best cast of characters I remember saving the world with in a videogame.

#23 Posted by zombie2011 (4973 posts) -

Thane 
Grunt 
Mordin

#24 Posted by rjayb89 (7722 posts) -

Jack.  She compliments my adept fem-Shep quite well.

#25 Posted by JeanLuc (3583 posts) -

Mordin

#26 Posted by Win (541 posts) -

Thane
Mordin
Jack
Legion

#27 Posted by Prototype (82 posts) -

Thane is not only my favourite character in Mass Effect he is one of my favourite characters of all time!.
#28 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -
@Zombie: Definitely Thane. He's just so cool looking. If Abe Sapien had sex with an iguana...
#29 Posted by NakAttack (1289 posts) -

legion

#30 Posted by Lilarcor (213 posts) -

Mordin, Legion, Samara, and Thane are my favorites of the new characters. I also like Grunt a lot more than I honestly expected from the pre-release coverage. The only new characters I didn't really like were Jack and Zaeed.

#31 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2486 posts) -

All the characters are great but there's always been something nagging in me that found the Spectre Nihilus from the first game really interesting even for the extremely brief time he was in the game.

#32 Posted by Garrus (543 posts) -

I love Thane's voice, his spirituality and role but really I can't stand his appearance close up.

#33 Posted by Psych0Penguin (412 posts) -
@Garrus said:
" I think either Legion or Zaeed is my fave pair, can't seem to split the tie there. Legion is funny, Zaeed even when he's not gonna speak about anything but his little museum, he is pretty funny.

And legion knows how to dance. Infact, if only we picked up Legion first...he could have taught Grunt how to dance and we could have taken both to Omega while Grunt grows up through his adolescence stage.

"
BUST A MOVE!!
#34 Posted by Garrus (543 posts) -
@Psych0Penguin: Yeah see, it could have been easy doing Grunt's loyalty mission, all we had to do was get Grunt to learn to grow up and learn how to dance, then we could have dumped him on Omega for a few days.
#35 Posted by Mayu_Zane (608 posts) -

Mordin because he's not only smart but actually does have a heart and genuinely cares about the unnecessary loss of life.
Legion because, hey, GETH SQUADMATE.

#36 Posted by Sil3n7 (1189 posts) -

Thane

#37 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

Thane is amazing.

#38 Posted by Creamypies (4065 posts) -

The Illusive Man.

#39 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

Thane.

#40 Posted by Chuggsy (554 posts) -

Wow, a lot of Thane love. I didn't really find him all that awesome. He's alright I think.

Mordin is my favorite. Miranda is my least favorite.

#41 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

The Illusive Man, because he's goddamn Martin Sheen

Shepard.
#42 Posted by AndrewB (7613 posts) -

Thane came in way too late in the (my) game for me to grow attached to him. Same with Legion.

#43 Posted by RedBullRacer (72 posts) -

Has to be Jack, just cos the way you pick her up is soooooo cool! When she popped up out of that prison thingy, I was like, no way it's a girl! lol I loved that mission, I also really like Miranda, just cos she's got a nice ass :) 

#44 Posted by Blackmoore (254 posts) -

I find Legion and Thane to be very interesting characters, I was thoroughly impressed they managed to make even the Geth show facial emotions.

#45 Posted by Jeust (10648 posts) -
  1. Legion
  2. Jack
  3. Mordin

The one i really hate is the merc. He only rambles about his memoires, and it doesn't have anything interesting to add.
#46 Posted by Novyx (479 posts) -

You know, I just realized why I never can figure out what about Jacob and Miranda it is that makes me feel like they're not as interesting as the other new characters. i played ME: Galaxy, so they weren't really new. All the other new squad members are great, though Samara is a bit bland. Legion and Mordin are best for pure interest, and EDI is pretty great. Again, TIM was't really new, since I read Ascension. Thane is a great character, and I like what they did with Grunt. The game is just damn amazing.

#47 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

Thane always had something interesting to say.  I like the concept of Morinth but they short changed her on dialog.  A lot of people say Zaheed got the short end of the stick, but Morinth is way worse compared to him.

#48 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

Legion!

#49 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -
@notorganic said:
" Thane was easily the most interesting. It's a pity that I had no real use for him. "
#50 Edited by Merx (52 posts) -

Samara and Legion.

Edit: Cant believe the lack of Samara love! She is so interesting!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.