Final Boss Glitch? (spoilers)

#1 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

So I was at the final boss last night, personally I don't see why the GB guys were complaining as they explained perfectly why it was the shape of a human, and one of the 4 tubes didn't break when I shot it. Essentially it became invincible. My teammates kept on saying "Shoot the tube!!" I did but nothing happened. I played for 10 more minutes to make sure I wasn't supposed to be shooting the mouth or something like that but eventually I reloaded an earlier save and it worked fine. Anyone else have that glitch on the PS3 or other platform? 

#2 Posted by YoctoYotta (541 posts) -

That sounds like a pain in the ass. I've seen some reports of people having this issue back with the original 360 version as well. I've never heard about Bioware addressing it as widespread though. What did you think of the ending choices? Excited for 3?

#3 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -
@YoctoYotta said:
" That sounds like a pain in the ass. I've seen some reports of people having this issue back with the original 360 version as well. I've never heard about Bioware addressing it as widespread though. What did you think of the ending choices? Excited for 3? "
Yeah I'm really excited for 3. I thought the ending choices were really good because if I didn't hear about all the horrible things Cerberus had done I would have helped the Illusive Man out but instead I basically told him to fuck off and destroyed the collector's ship.  After beating 2 I like certain aspects a lot more than 1 but somethings, like the tone, I like the 1st one still. My first run with Male Shepard I played Paragon the whole way and basically all the choice associated with being a Paragon lined up with how I really felt, except Garrus' loyalty mission as I let him kill that traitor of the group. You can tell in 3 your going to have to unite all the races like the rachni, Krogan, Alliance etc to fight the Reapers at the end. I'm gonna play it again but as a Renegade Female Shepard. How about you, are you excited for 3? 
#4 Posted by YoctoYotta (541 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
" @YoctoYotta said:
" That sounds like a pain in the ass. I've seen some reports of people having this issue back with the original 360 version as well. I've never heard about Bioware addressing it as widespread though. What did you think of the ending choices? Excited for 3? "
Yeah I'm really excited for 3. I thought the ending choices were really good because if I didn't hear about all the horrible things Cerberus had done I would have helped the Illusive Man out but instead I basically told him to fuck off and destroyed the collector's ship.  After beating 2 I like certain aspects a lot more than 1 but somethings, like the tone, I like the 1st one still. My first run with Male Shepard I played Paragon the whole way and basically all the choice associated with being a Paragon lined up with how I really felt, except Garrus' loyalty mission as I let him kill that traitor of the group. You can tell in 3 your going to have to unite all the races like the rachni, Krogan, Alliance etc to fight the Reapers at the end. I'm gonna play it again but as a Renegade Female Shepard. How about you, are you excited for 3?  "
Yeah, the races uniting is what I'm expecting too. I'm actually playing through ME2 again right now on the 360 after picking up all the DLC for $2 a pop. I had plowed the game right after release last January and never had the time to catch up with the new content. I'm doing a similar thing playing Renegade Female Shepard as an Adept for the biotics achievements, I kinda dig the change in gameplay with the class change. Seeing the game again has got me really excited for 3, just more of the same would be awesome, so I'm looking forward to whatever changes they toss in too.
#5 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -
@YoctoYotta: Aww see I chose a female soldier because on my first run I was a engineer. This is one game where I don't even have a desire to play it on insanity or to get all the points, I enjoy the story so much I can just play on normal and be fine. Also if I had to guess one thing about 3 it would be that Shepard has to die no matter what. As the end of the core trilogy I can't imagine them not killing him/her as it would be weird for them to have him/her make a guest appearance in a spin off game. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.