Finished 3rd Playthrough....Now What?

#1 Posted by Stubert73 (82 posts) -

Yeah, I totally loved ME2 and haven't gotten this much out of a game since Oblivion. It took me awhile to figure it out, but really enjoyed playing as a Vanguard on Insanity,  in spite of several controller-throwing moments. I decided to continue after beating the campaign, rather than starting fresh, since I still have a few lingering missions (firewalker [snore] for instance). The question is, what else is there to do? Is Arrival any good? Any secrets or easter eggs to find? Just curious. Doubtless, I should find something else to play now....

#2 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

Wow, you played the shitty game three times through? I feel for you, I really do.

#3 Posted by Dany (7886 posts) -

Get Lair of the Shadow Broker and Kasumi. I think Project Overlord is really cool and the final mission in that is fun, arrival is dumb, no choice, 9/10 of shepards diauluge isn't chosen and the choices do not mean shit, same outcome. I guess if you want a prelude for ME3 then it is going to do that, you get some more heavy weopan ammo and skin weave so sure??

Also, I also finished by 'definitive renegade male Shepard play through" and this is my final screen. I was hoping to keep thane, I'd assume that by picking Miranda as the biotic that she would bite the dust, but nah, it was thane who was in my squad. After loosing Zaeed I was worried that the rest of hte squad would bite it at the end, on the way to the ship so i chose the 'weakest' crew members to come with me. Overall I am happy with my new 'squad', i was hoping to lose tali and keep thane but ehh..

#4 Posted by innacces14 (733 posts) -

If you haven't played as femshep then I suggest you do so as a renegade character. If you're that weirded out by what I said then just get Lair of the Shadow Broker. Since your main Shep is a Vanguard then you'll love a boss battle in this DLC. Perfect cat and mouse chase and you'll know it when you see it.

#5 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

@Jayross said:

Wow, you played the shitty game three times through? I feel for you, I really do.

Fuck you, your opinion is what's shitty.

#6 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@thehexeditor said:

@Jayross said:

Fuck you, your opinion is what's shitty.

I hate to be associated with the idiots who post the "OPINIONS" banner and defend opinions blindly as if they can't be biased, immature or mis-informed, but honestly what's shitty here is you cursing at the guy and calling his opinion shitty...
It's not like ME2 is the cornerstone of RPGs. it went out of it's way to replace it's RPG tag with "TPS".. Not a very ideal game to defend IMO. A good game it is, but not the best title to defend in such a manner.

To the OP: Now play an open world game
#7 Edited by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

@Ahmad_Metallic: Fuck you, your opinion on my opinion of his opinion is shitty too. Just kidding.

I countered his harshness with some of my own. If I met him in real life I wouldn't say something like that but hey this is the internet baby.

#8 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@thehexeditor said:

@Ahmad_Metallic: Fuck you, your opinion on my opinion of his opinion is shitty too. Just kidding.

I countered his harshness with some of my own. If I met him in real life I wouldn't say something like that but hey this is the internet baby.

Actually, the beauty of the internet is being on the internet (and realizing that you are, ofcourse) yet not letting that fact lure you in and make you behave the way you wouldn't in real life (i'm talking about evil/mean behavior)
It's sad that you don't realize that, you should. That's what makes Giant Bomb awesome - thousands of users who choose to be civil and open minded even though they could easily throw their feces at each other, like other web communities do.
#9 Posted by eclipsesis (1242 posts) -

i played it to completion once and i never plan to play the game ever again, its the bioware faces they just scare me. I'm angry, now i'm sad, wait i'm happy again
#10 Edited by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@thehexeditor said:

Actually, the beauty of the internet is being on the internet (and realizing that you are, ofcourse) yet not letting that fact lure you in and make you behave the way you wouldn't in real life (i'm talking about evil/mean behavior) It's sad that you don't realize that, you should. That's what makes Giant Bomb awesome - thousands of users who choose to be civil and open minded even though they could easily throw their feces at each other, like other web communities do.

I think replying to someone who thoroughly enjoyed Mass Effect 2 with "You played through that shitty game 3 times? I feel for you, I really do" is flinging feces for no reason. So I decided to give him a piece of my mind. Yeah, I could've said "Hey man, that's not cool" and have been a paragon (no pun intended) of the GB community but I didn't feel like it.

#11 Edited by PhatSeeJay (3321 posts) -

@thehexeditor said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@thehexeditor said:

Actually, the beauty of the internet is being on the internet (and realizing that you are, ofcourse) yet not letting that fact lure you in and make you behave the way you wouldn't in real life (i'm talking about evil/mean behavior) It's sad that you don't realize that, you should. That's what makes Giant Bomb awesome - thousands of users who choose to be civil and open minded even though they could easily throw their feces at each other, like other web communities do.

I think replying to someone who thoroughly enjoyed Mass Effect 2 with "You played through that shitty game 3 times? I feel for you, I really do" is flinging feces for no reason. So I decided to give him a piece of my mind. Yeah, I could've said "Hey man, that's not cool" and have been a paragon (no pun intended) of the GB community but I didn't feel like it.

I'm on thehexeditor's side here. While his response to Jayross was about as uncalled for as his, I really can't see how you can call that initial comment civil or in any way contributing to the topic.

#12 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay said:

@thehexeditor said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@thehexeditor said:

I'm on thehexeditor's side here. While his response to Jayross was about as uncalled for as his, I really can't see how you can call that initial comment civil or in any way contributing to the topic.

Haha you guys do have a point. I guess i just found his comment humerous and psuedo-mean, while the 'fuck you, your opinion is shitty' comment came off as actually angry and mean.
 Even if he trashed a game i'm a fanboy of, like Assassin's Creed, with that kinda comment i think i would've gone with a humerous "screw you :P" reply ..

Maybe it's because i've conversed with him before/seen him post, and maybe because i got the wrong vibe from his comment (Were you actually being mean, JAYROSS??)

Or maybe because deep down inside ME2 shattered my expectations after playing the epicly stupendous piece of work that is Mass Effect, but i don't think so because ME2 was #3 on my top 10 list of 2010. No one fakes their top 10 picks, it's like the Bible. You wouldn't fake the bible...... would you?
#13 Posted by Stubert73 (82 posts) -

A few opinions here, eh? Yeah, I totally hear the people who didn't like the game and the faces could be a bit weird. But something about this game really scratched an itch for me. I enjoyed the combat pretty well and I was determined to see all the story variations (I picked Morinth rather than Samara on my last playthrough, for instance).  I've played a femshep renegade and enjoyed it and got the Kasumi, Overlord and Shadow Broker when they were on sale. Everything I've heard about Arrival says "Meh" so maybe I'll wait for a price drop or pick it up when ME3 is closer to release. Otherwise, from the sound of things, I've probably gotten my money's worth out of the game. re: ME3. anyone here stoked about being able to shout commands and pick dialogue commands via Kinect? Yeah, me neither.
#14 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

@Jayross said:

This is really unnecessary, why would you post something like this.

#15 Edited by phrosnite (3517 posts) -

Play it again two months before Mass Effect 3 comes out and try to kill as many people as you can. This is what I'm going to do :) I've also finished it 3 times.

#16 Posted by JerichoBlyth (1044 posts) -

I think I would find it pretty shitty after a third time through, so the hater, hating has a point lol

But still, I wouldn't waste your money on the DLC. It's all padding really. Tremendous game to play as a Fem-Shep in terms of a second playthrough but that's about it. Different classes can only attract so much when you're having to go through all the same events again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.