Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

'Firewalker' Missions

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By timeshero

I downloaded them and all is fine and dandy. Except I don't know where to get the missions.  Halp?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Same here. How do you start them? I have no new messages or something, the garage is empty as well.

Jiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Jiggah

Okay, I just dled and installed on PC.  You should get an email about the Firewalker in a cluster.  Once you read the message, the cluster will be marked along with the planet.  If it's not working, reinstall.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Installed it three times, still nothing. The last PM is the one about the Arc Projector. Is it because it's an "after end" savegame?

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By timeshero

I have it on 360 and still haven't got it to work yet.

haethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By haethos

I downloaded it, went back to the dashboard, loaded up the game and my old save again, and I had an e-mail from "Project Firewalker". I've played 2 of the missions so far, and I'm really not impressed.

Garrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Garrus

Firewalker honestly is nothing special,

are boring as hell too.

Then again it was free and it DID fill the want for a vehicle mission I had for the game. 

As for Xbox Version, I downloaded it when on another game, sent up Mass Effect 2 and the missions were just there on the galaxy map. Don't know where anybody else looked but that's where I found them. Also yeah you may have to restart the game - I had to when I downloaded the Arc Projector before it would show up.
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By rjayb89

Had to figure out I had to press the V key to mine things while the on-screen tip insisted I press the right mouse button.  All is well so far.  I need to finish up Dragon Age: Origins first.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @rjayb89 said:
    " Had to figure out I had to press the V key to mine things while the on-screen tip insisted I press the right mouse button.  All is well so far.  I need to finish up Dragon Age: Origins first. "
    Downloading now. Can not wait! 
    Jiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jiggah
    @rjayb89 said:
    " Had to figure out I had to press the V key to mine things while the on-screen tip insisted I press the right mouse button.  All is well so far.  I need to finish up Dragon Age: Origins first. "
    I believe you were suppose to hit reset default key binding after one of the patches to correct the key mappings.
    Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Novyx

Missions seem kinda weird, but I really hope they make this vehicle as integral to ME3 as the Mako was to ME1. That'd be pretty awesome.

Garrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Garrus

I just expected more on-foot stuff for this and a more startling conclusion to the already-trying-to-be-startling conclusion at current, I saw what they were trying to do, it just didn't move me or have me gripped like other missions did. Hell even the side quests had more tension than that.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By haggis

Well, hell. It doesn't sound all that great. But it's free, so I'll probably snag it anyway, just to check it out. :/

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By MjHealy

I think that it really sucks, even if it is free. The objectives are just dull and the Firewalker can't take that much damage.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By sickVisionz

I'm going to hold off on getting this and Kasumi.  I think i've done every possible mission in ME2.  When I hop back in I want there to be a bunch of new stuff to do.  Kasumi, Firewalker and a few more DLC packs should add up to a significant amount of gameplay time.  I hope they do a DLC that's a combat simulator like pinnacle station.  If they fix the modes and add leaderboards, that should be a lot of fun to play with the new combat engine.

One question: can you hop out of the vehicle at any time like ME1?  I always enjoyed taking out stuff the enemies built for the Mako on foot.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @sickVisionz said:
    " I'm going to hold off on getting this and Kasumi.  I think i've done every possible mission in ME2.  When I hop back in I want there to be a bunch of new stuff to do.  Kasumi, Firewalker and a few more DLC packs should add up to a significant amount of gameplay time.  I hope they do a DLC that's a combat simulator like pinnacle station.  If they fix the modes and add leaderboards, that should be a lot of fun to play with the new combat engine. One question: can you hop out of the vehicle at any time like ME1?  I always enjoyed taking out stuff the enemies built for the Mako on foot. "
    Nope. You are stuck inside. 
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Dany

It sucked. No save points, the hammerhead is not a hammerhead, it gets on fire quickly. The auto aim misses are just bad and inaccurate and not fun. The protheans mission was disappointing, no reveal at all and and the mineral stuff, ugh!

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By rjayb89

The missions were pretty boring, but hey the Hammerhead controls nicely.  So good up on BioWare on that even though I'm just jumping up and down from cover to shoot things, or strafing rocket turrets.  The lack of any significant character exposition was probably the most disappointing thing for me.

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By General_D23

Honestly, if they were to tweak the health and auto aim and give me a wide open area (or two or three) to fly around and blow stuff up, I'd like it alot better.

Garrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Garrus

The only good thing about this was Shep getting the relic to appear on the table in the captain's cabin. Speak to it or touch it and it jiggles.

karatetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By karatetron

wait, so to be able to play this (or any other?) DLC, I have to be playing on a file that has an ongoing story?

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By slax
    @Garrus said:
    " I just expected more on-foot stuff for this and a more startling conclusion to the already-trying-to-be-startling conclusion at current, I saw what they were trying to do, it just didn't move me or have me gripped like other missions did. Hell even the side quests had more tension than that. "
    I agree. But I still thought they were  a fun little diversion, like you said though they definitely lacked any substantial tension.
    Avatar image for bam_d_leprechaun
    Bam_D_Leprechaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bam_D_Leprechaun

Finally got it to work, and i must say, disappointing, no wonder there was no achievements. However I think this is just an intro to the Hammerhead, to get you familiar with it, I think there will be more DLC for it later, and much worthwhile side missions.

Garrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Garrus
    @Bam_D_Leprechaun:  The only good thing is the jiggling orb you get in your cabin on the table so you remember your bland experience lol
    Avatar image for bam_d_leprechaun
    Bam_D_Leprechaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bam_D_Leprechaun
    @Garrus:  seriously, but i like that they brought back that artifact, it was one of the coolest things to see in ME1
    Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

#26  Edited By Grumbel

The Firewalker missions where pretty aweful overall. Tthe gameplay was even worse then the Mako, I mean seriously, jump'n run in FPSs already sucks, jump'n run with a hovercraft vehicle, ugh... I also missed the ability to zoom while firing, which made shooting basically a game of luck, just keep distance and shoot a lot in the hope to hit something. There was also no story, only a few datapads. The only good thing where the graphics, all the scenarios looked quite nice, but they could have really made more out of them when they would have invested a little bit into the gameplay. As is, it felt really uninspired and pointless.

voodooterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By voodooterror

controll was sharp 

way better then the mako, but it should have been in the game from the get go and should have played a more substantial part

vendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28  Edited By vendetta

I really didn't feel any sort of need for vehicle sequences in the game. I hope they don't make it a part of ME3. I loved the pacing that they used without any vehicle scenarios... Probably why I haven't downloaded the DLC yet.

Garrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Garrus
    @Bam_D_Leprechaun:  Yeah it was a cool find in ME1, Im surprised there's no Codex thing on these large metallic ball artifacts since we've found two now.
    Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By Bouke

I'm not a big fan of the DLC so far, and this one is by far the worst. Even though the Hammerhead controls alright, it sometimes feels more like a platformer the an action game. When you have to take on the geth turrets and troopers you find out the aiming isn't that good. The Hammerhead is pretty weak so if you get to close and get hit, its game over and you have to start the whole thing over because the lack of any checkpoint system (and you can't save during the mission). I hope this is just Bioware's way to get you familiar with the vehicle controls so that they can put it in some (hopefully better) vehicle paid DLC. Overall i liked the Zaaed and Normandy Crashsite better.
    calum_s_gunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By calum_s_gunn
    @Bouke said:
    it sometimes feels more like a platformer
    Exactly what I was thinking, as I vaulted ever higher to reach the next objective.
    shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By shiftymagician
    @Garrus said:
    " @Bam_D_Leprechaun:  Yeah it was a cool find in ME1, Im surprised there's no Codex thing on these large metallic ball artifacts since we've found two now. "
    Just watch, if we find a third one in ME3, I'm just assume they will combine like the Triforce to branch the story off into a true ending arc only if you get all three games.  Obviously this would be a silly idea, but it would be a hell of an interesting idea if it does happen in a similar way.
    Tobybradley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Tobybradley
    @General_D23: Still, can't argue with free content.
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By Brendan

I was hoping there would be a little more challenge and variety to the missions, but, they were free, so whatevs.  Best DLC for Mass Effect so far is still Bringing Down the Sky from ME1.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.