Freaking Hell

#1 Posted by Zereta (1365 posts) -

Is it just me or is this game looking better and better with every little drop of info? It was my 2nd most anticipated game of 2010 but hell dudes!

#2 Posted by withateethuh (726 posts) -

I'm very impressed with all the improvements they've made. Mass Effect is one of my favorite game experiences ever, and the flaws were mostly results of trying to just get a new IP on the ground and not having the development time to perfectly tune it. Now that they have the world and setting and story in place, they can go and improve everything else, and it looks like they are.

#3 Posted by Andheez (580 posts) -

You arent kidding.  I was pumped for ME2 as it was, but like you said, everytime I see something new it takes it to another level.  Im trying to avoid info now though, because I really want to catch it all fresh when I play it, I skipped that Illusive Man article they wrote on here, though I read the 2 Mass Effect books, so I know who he is anyway.

#4 Posted by Gamer_152 (14065 posts) -

It's looking like the best game of 2010 so far. The first Mass Effect was great but we all know it had some issues and I think everyone keeping up with this game has seen not only that Bioware have completely fixed those issues but that they're also adding so much amazing new content.

#5 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

I'm especially interested in the new classes and additions. The recently revealed Infiltrator class is looking especially cool.

#6 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5254 posts) -

It all looks good. January 26th can't come soon enough!

#7 Posted by mordukai (7149 posts) -
@Zereta said:

" Is it just me or is this game looking better and better with every little drop of info? It was my 2nd most anticipated game of 2010 but hell dudes! "

What's your first?    
#8 Posted by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

Definitely looking better the more they show it off. Every time they unveil a new class, I get all confused about which one I want to try first. I'm going to be paralyzed with indecision when I get  this game.

#9 Posted by damswedon (3185 posts) -

my mind has started to block all ME2 info that comes out. I haven't done this in years, i think this means im getting  ready to play the game.

#10 Posted by zombie2011 (4972 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
" @Zereta said:

" Is it just me or is this game looking better and better with every little drop of info? It was my 2nd most anticipated game of 2010 but hell dudes! "

What's your first?     "
I'm guessing Halo: Reach like me.  

Mass Effect looks awesome i'm glad it's coming out early in the year. I hope the game is a little longer than the first which for a RPG was short. Seeing they said they fixed the side missions though the game should be a good length.
#11 Posted by mordukai (7149 posts) -
@zombie2011:  
  Halo: Reach...YEEPPEE

Sorry but I stopped caring about the Halo franchise long ago. Not shitting on them, just not caring.  
#12 Posted by zombie2011 (4972 posts) -
@Mordukai: OK?

Anyone else notice that Mass Effect has crept its way onto the GB top ten most played list for like a week now. I'm guessing most users are making sure everything is squared away in there game save. I still have to go back and playthrough again i didn't save Wrex the first time and i want him in the sequel so i have to start another playthrough soon, after i'm finish Dragon Age.
#13 Posted by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

Argh! Dammit. Just remembered I have to play through my Renegade Femshep again, this time with no romantic entanglements. 'Cause Victoria Shepard doesn't give a fuck about anyone.

#14 Posted by Toxin066 (3271 posts) -
@Cornman89 said:
" Argh! Dammit. Just remembered I have to play through my Renegade Femshep again, this time with no romantic entanglements. 'Cause Victoria Shepard doesn't give a fuck about anyone. "
You sir, made me l-o-l.  

Yup. Can't wait. I should probably load up my ME save files because I'm not sure which ending I chose on my most recent playthrough. Beat it like...4 times, each doing different stuff. 
#15 Posted by Zereta (1365 posts) -
@Mordukai: Yea, I can see that. My entire entry into proper gaming was thanks to Halo CE though so it has a soft spot in my heart. Plus, I've got a good feeling about this one. And yea, Reach is my first :P 

Back to ME though, yea. I only ever managed to finish the game once as a Paragon Adept because I hated combat in the first ME. I need to play it again for a custom Renegade story. Goddammit! 

Oh well, could be a good story refresher as well.
#16 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2483 posts) -

Oh god yes I'm so excited for ME2 that I've had to stop watching all the promo material posted on here, I know it's going to be hard to walk into that game without have a bunch of stuff spoilt up front but dammit I just want as much surprise as I can get!!! 

I just ordered my ME2 Collectors Edition from EB Games for a ball busting $118 AU. That probably sounds insane to the majority of people on here but, being Australian, most retailers are going to price the standard version $100 AU minimum. 

Christmas shopping over the weekend I even saw copies of Bioshock & inFamous for over $100 still. So shilling out an extra $20 on the sequel to a game I played 5 times & still cherish to this day ain't so bad in the scheme of things.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.