Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Going back to ME2 with a save that has started ME3...

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By bibamatt

Ok, this is a slightly weird one. I finished ME2 a few days ago. I've just started ME3 and imported my character. All is well. However, I've noticed that, post ME2 ending, my Shepard is level 29. I'd kinda like to go back to ME2, do a couple of side missions and get that level 30 acheivement while I can. What's the process for going back to ME2 play through 2 with a character that has already been imported to ME3? Is this likely to fuck anything up? Or are they viewed as different saves between games?

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@bibamatt: They're viewed as different saves.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By manhattan_project

@bibamatt said:

Ok, this is a slightly weird one. I finished ME2 a few days ago. I've just started ME3 and imported my character. All is well. However, I've noticed that, post ME2 ending, my Shepard is level 29. I'd kinda like to go back to ME2, do a couple of side missions and get that level 30 acheivement while I can. What's the process for going back to ME2 play through 2 with a character that has already been imported to ME3? Is this likely to fuck anything up? Or are they viewed as different saves between games?

You'll be fine. The game doesn't care what you do with a save after you've imported it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.