Got Xbox 360 version should I get ps3 too?

#1 Posted by nima (108 posts) -

The title is my query i suppose. Bear in mind that I didn't buy any of the downloadable content for the 360 version and I do miss mass effect 2. I bought it when it first came out. The notion of paying full price for a game I already have payed full price for is really holding me back... 
Opinions? 
thanks in advance

#2 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

I know jack shit about the PS3 but I'm just gonna give you my uninformed opinion anyway and say skip the PS3 version. Mass Effect 2 is a bit overrated anyway.

#3 Posted by rjayb89 (7724 posts) -

Money is no object.  Get the PS3 version.

#4 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

Yes, go buy a second copy of a game you already own. I'm serious.

#5 Posted by AlexW00d (6280 posts) -

I own both, mainly because the game is worth two purchases. And I wanted to play the DLC without having to, 1. use my shitty xbox, and 2. have an excuse to replay the whole game a couple of times on the console I will be getting ME3 for,

#6 Posted by alternate (2711 posts) -

If you already played it then get the boxed PS3 version when they are selling it off come October.

#7 Posted by nima (108 posts) -

well I am now thinking of waiting for the price to drop a bit before I buy it again. I definitely think it's worth 2 purchases but until I graduate and get a job this year then I will not have the means to easily do this. Hmmm... 

#8 Posted by Jedted (2372 posts) -
@nima:  If i were you i'd just buy the DLC if you already have the game aswell as Cerberus Network access.  There's no save importing with the PS3 version so if you played ME1 on the Xbox then you might wanna take that into consideration. 

If your asking however then i assume that you HAVEN'T played ME1 so if you got the money and own both consoles then you might aswell buy it again. 
#9 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -
#10 Posted by TBird13 (107 posts) -

Why would you ever buy a second copy of a game you already have?   

#11 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -
@Doctorchimp said:
" @nima: So you have Mass Effect 2 right now for the 360? Then just buy the DLC for it... 

This whole bullshit they were spewing out about the PS3 version being the "definitive" version was all false btw, the 360 is still sharper and it has a better frame rate... 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-masseffect2-face-off "
so the ps3 was a guinea pig for the engine used in ME3. 

I'm okay with that.
#12 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

You already have the best version, well the best console version.

#13 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

My wallet says no, but my heart says yes!

#14 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

Get the PC version, It's super cheap, not very demanding and the best version of the game.

#15 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -
@Burns098356GX: It has more to do with the PS3 not being friendly towards the Unreal Engine.
#16 Posted by nima (108 posts) -

I just played the PC version as some have suggested it is the best version. I must say though, they were certainly right. I just played the demo and wow! The controls especially are far superior. Loving it on the PC. If I buy this game, it will have to be on the PC as its far cheaper. Not right now though, I'm managing to control myself buy doing my dissertation!

#17 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

No, the 360 version is the better of the two, with PC being the better of all of them.

#18 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

I just can't bring myself to buy 2 copies of the same game but as others have said if you feel the need to have both then wait for the price drop because it will probably be $40 in 2-3 months and $20-30 in 5-7 months.
#19 Posted by Vinny_Says (5712 posts) -

Is this a for real question? Get the DLC for a fraction of the cost of a new copy

#20 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" No, the 360 version is the better of the two, with PC being the better of all of them. "
This. I don't see any reason to get the PS3 version unless that is the only console you have. Also I only justified getting a second copy of ME 2 because I wanted it for PC and I could also get ME 1.
#21 Posted by ThePickle (4184 posts) -

I have both and honestly regret buying ME2 for Ps3. It looks the same (some say worse), the motion comic is cool but playing ME1 is better, and I've already played through that game twice. It's still an amazing game, and if you only own a Ps3 buy it immediately, but if you've played it on the 360 or PC, skip the PS3 version.  

#22 Posted by JonathanMoore (1858 posts) -

If you already own one version... no... it would just be stupid buying another version of the same game... moneys money man.

#23 Posted by zombie2011 (4973 posts) -

wow, this thread has been made so many times and the answer is always no.

#24 Posted by Enigma777 (6074 posts) -

It's a lot cheaper if you just get all DLC for the 360... Why do you want to get it for the PS3? Trophies? If so, you are pathetic... 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.