Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Group members for mass effect 3

Shepard01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Shepard01

So I know this is early and all but if any charecters from the first two games are squad members who do you want for your squad?  For me the one's I would want are Ashley 
    Wrex  
    Kaiden 
    Garrus 
    Jack 
    Jacob 
    Mordin 
    Miranda 
    Legion 
    Grunt

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By emkeighcameron

Zaeed
    Zaeed
    Zaeed
    Zaeed

etc.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MikeFightNight

Tali and Garrus son, I keeps it old school.  But to bad none of them will be... 

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ

Tali and Garrus

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MikeFightNight
    @Shepard01 

Also I see you want both Ashely and Kaiden, sorry you can only see one of them in any given playthrough if you know what i'm saying.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

As long as Garrus is back, Mass Effect 3 will be excellent.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hatking
    @MikeFightNight said:
    "Tali and Garrus son, I keeps it old school.  But to bad none of them will be... 

Considering the fact that anyone of them can die in the last mission.  The only reason Tali and Garrus are in ME2 as squad members is cause they couldn't die in the first.  Look at people like Ashley and Wrex in ME2, they play bit roles because they are not going to put a lot of time into a character that no one may see.  It would be sweet if they were all fleshed out story wise though, don't get me wrong;)
    "

That is a really narrow minded way to think about things.  The game sets up pretty well you keeping the crew you have, I could see them bringing some old characters back as well, a long with some new ones.  I have faith Bioware can work around things, there is no reason they couldn't have optional crew members depending who you've saved.
    Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Semition

Tali and Garrus. Wrex if available.

Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mariek430

Garrus and Legion

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#10  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I'm hypothesizing here, but what about that Quarian dude that you encounter on Tali's Recruitment and Loyalty missions? He seems like a background character that gets a little too much exposition for a background character.

Oh, and I would like Mordin, Legion, and Garrus to come back, but they will probably only play bit roles in ME3 because of the way the endgame goes down. But for all we know that paves the way for the glorious return of WREX as a party member. Shepard.

r0k1ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By r0k1ll

I hope its all new characters

MushroomSamba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By MushroomSamba
    @HatKing said:
    " @MikeFightNight said:
    "Tali and Garrus son, I keeps it old school.  But to bad none of them will be... 

"
    That is a really narrow minded way to think about things.  The game sets up pretty well you keeping the crew you have, I could see them bringing some old characters back as well, a long with some new ones.  I have faith Bioware can work around things, there is no reason they couldn't have optional crew members depending who you've saved. "
    That's gonna be a bitch to program.
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vorbis
    @MushroomSamba said:
    " @HatKing said:
    " @MikeFightNight said:

"
    That is a really narrow minded way to think about things.  The game sets up pretty well you keeping the crew you have, I could see them bringing some old characters back as well, a long with some new ones.  I have faith Bioware can work around things, there is no reason they couldn't have optional crew members depending who you've saved. "
    That's gonna be a bitch to program. "
    Liara breaks your theory. 

Also im pretty sure everyone is going to replay the month before ME3 is launched just so everyone survives.
    Shepard01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Shepard01
    @MikeFightNight:
    ya i meant the one you didnt lose
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By handlas

Jack and Zaeed.  I guess we probably won't see Zaeed tho.

Ping5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#16  Edited By Ping5000

Thane, Samara and Legion I would like from ME2's cast. They were easily the most interesting characters in the game for me, partly because they were so different from the rest of the cast and because they were the best-written.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By hatking
    @Vorbis said:
    " @MushroomSamba said:
    " @HatKing said:
    " @MikeFightNight said:

Considering the fact that anyone of them can die in the last mission.  The only reason Tali and Garrus are in ME2 as squad members is cause they couldn't die in the first.  Look at people like Ashley and Wrex in ME2, they play bit roles because they are not going to put a lot of time into a character that no one may see.  It would be sweet if they were all fleshed out story wise though, don't get me wrong;)
    "
    That's gonna be a bitch to program. "
    Liara breaks your theory.   Also im pretty sure everyone is going to replay the month before ME3 is launched just so everyone survives. "

It isn't going to be any harder to program than all the other variables going into Mass Effect 3.  
    -Character History: Earthborn, Sole Survivor or Military(can't remember exact name) 
    -Rachni 
    -Wrex 
    -Ashley or Kaiden 
    -Romance: Ashley, Kaiden or Liara? 
    -Human Council or Original Council 
    -Udina or Anderson on Council 
    Those are just from Mass Effect 1 and only the big choices... I'll avoid going into Mass Effect 2 for spoiler reasons but there are just as many choices there.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Dany

Everyone that can be alive and is alive. No new squad mates, just straight into the action

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By RedSox8933

Tali and Garrus. I wish that Thane could come back, but with his fatal disease that Bioware goes out of their way to say is uncurable, that would just be a cop-out.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By maxszy

Here is my hypothesis: 

You will have whatever crew survived from ME2. You may also recruit some people from ME1 (Ashley and Wrex come to mind). There will also be a couple new people. You'll have a big crew for ME3. That's my hope anyway.

They can't "recreate" you again to have a whole new crew like they did with ME2. So I really think they will have you have your crew back. I hope so. Its totally set up that way and man, I love all the characters in ME2 so I hope they come back.

MushroomSamba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MushroomSamba
    @Vorbis: How do you mean? Did I miss something where you're allowed to recruit Liara?
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vorbis
    @MushroomSamba: Nah, he said that the reason why Tali and Garrus were the only recruitable players is because they were unable to die in ME1. But that's wrong as Liara couldn't die either, yet she wasn't playable in ME2.
    MushroomSamba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MushroomSamba
    @Vorbis: Damn, you got my hopes up. I was about to go back and interrogate the hell out of her.

The guy's main point still remains though...it's a bit unrealistic to expect Bioware to go and program a fully playable character that in some cases may not even be used. Obviously, it'd be a pleasant surprise if they went that extra mile, but I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen.
    Gul_Torgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gul_Torgo
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25  Edited By Red

Picking a dream team of six using 1 and 2: 

1. Wrex
    2. Garrus
    3. Tali
    4. Thane
    5. Mordin
    6. Commander Anderson

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By shiftymagician

Actually I think they shot themselves in the foot by giving Thane a deadly illness, as that character is awesome to talk with and learn about.  Then again I play as a paragon, keeping everyone alive and defying the expectations of all in that game hehehe.  Suicide mission my ass!

But yea Tali and Garrus seem like key players that will still be playable due to their immense popularity.  It would be great for Wrex to come back as a player, but Grunt has proven to be quite the fun savage character.  Mordin is a must due to his great personality, and your love interest from ME1 (if you had one) should come back as a player or at least play a more key role.  I would still rock with Jacob and Legion as well, though they need to give Miranda more personality though she is still quite a good character.

Now that I think about it, unless they make a cop-out method to save Thane for him to still be a companion, how about - 

SlayerNoMercy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By SlayerNoMercy

the only option is too have the me2 crew join up with the me1 crew...i think it would be a pretty awesome ending to a trilogy full of awesome characters....just have some badass reunion where u go around picking up the me1 crew that is still alive..and BAM just one epic battle against the reapers....shit anderson got to be playable too haha

fistfulofmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#28  Edited By fistfulofmetal

Tali on my arm
    Garrus watching my back.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By Nictel

I wouldn't mind them breaking the rules a bit and basically go "Look you were supposed to save your entire team, so everyone's alive. You get x of XP and money for every member you saved in ME2"

DTKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DTKT

I don't know, but it seems that Bioware can't just create characters every new game. At some point, you are going to feel way too many similarities between some of them or previous one. What would be the point of having the same kind of character as Ashley just with an other character model? They explored most of the different archetypes between the first and second ME.

And really, it might saves the devs an incredible amount by reusing some if not most of the previous characters.  I don't feel like they need a whole new crew, it would just seem like change for the sake of doing something different.  

Gah, I want Tali and Garrus. :(
    sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sixghost

Just give me Tali, Garrus, Mordin and Legion. Everyone else can be replaced.

BinaryDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BinaryDragon
    @Nictel said:
    " I wouldn't mind them breaking the rules a bit and basically go "Look you were supposed to save your entire team, so everyone's alive. You get x of XP and money for every member you saved in ME2" "
    this is a good idea.
    macandcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By macandcheese

Admiral Hackket, end of story

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#34  Edited By KowalskiManDown
    BinaryDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BinaryDragon

Miranda, Legion, Mordin, Thane, Tali, Garrus, jack,

Want: Wrex and Liara back.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By gike987
    @MikeFightNight said:
    " Tali and Garrus son, I keeps it old school.  But to bad none of them will be... 

"
    I wouldn't think so. Have you seen the official forum. The developers at Bioware would  probably have to flee for there life from all the fanatic Tali fans.
    essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37  Edited By essaregee

Saren is in ME3. 
    Cerberus rebuilt him to help you. 

lol, that would be epic.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheKidNixon

Am I insane for hoping that Joker can go on missions in the next one?

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheKidNixon
    @Vorbis said:
    " @MushroomSamba: Nah, he said that the reason why Tali and Garrus were the only recruitable players is because they were unable to die in ME1. But that's wrong as Liara couldn't die either, yet she wasn't playable in ME2. "
    Casey Hudson in his 1Up interview actually explained this: they wanted to make sure that your possible romantic interests in the first game could still be alive in the third. So those three characters aren't open for recruitment for that reason. Wrex isn't available because yeah, he could be dead. The problem is that all the characters from 2 could die, so its hard to know if the Wrex rule will still apply, or if they'll really stretch their efforts to the max for the third. Seeing how they are hinting at a shorter wait time for Mass Effect 3, I think the tech limitations could mean a whole new cast of characters with run-ins similar to ME2's for your old crew. Do expect Liara to be recruitable though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.