Grunt or Garrus?*spoiler warning just in case*

#1 Posted by OutOfBounds9000 (2300 posts) -

Grunt is totally hardcore, while Garrus is totally hardcore. I'll have to go with Grunt. And now i ask the community which one is better?

#2 Posted by Yummylee (22114 posts) -

Spoiler warning for what? If it was about Garrus being in the game, well you already gone fucked that up with your title. 

And Grunt works well as a tank while Garrus is better with dealing damage thanks to his sniper. As for the characters, I really liked Grunt's almost child like demeanor and watching him learn about himself. Garrus is alright, though I feel like how they turned him into a pissed off ''badass'' felt a little strong. They even made his voice deeper for the sequel I noticed, and I prefer him in the original overall.

#3 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Grunt all the way.

#4 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

grunt is kind of boring, so garrus.

#5 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -

Garrus is ALREADY SOLVING the mission in ME1 before Shepard even meets him. Garrus also has a lot of "reach". Garrus also consistently and thoroughly survives horrible injuries. 

Grunt is just generally good at his paladin-bubble move and that's really it. 

So Garrus, all the way.

#6 Posted by Sjosz (485 posts) -

Statistically Garrus is the better party member to tag along between the 2 of them, he has both Concussive Shot and Warp or Overload (I forget which). However, the 2 best party members to roll with to ensure best success in combat (for me, anyway) is Miranda and Mordin. Mordin for his Heavy Incinerate and Miranda for her Warp and Overload powers.

#7 Posted by Butano (1756 posts) -

Wrex

#8 Posted by FLStyle (4783 posts) -

My pecking order is Shepard-Garrus-Tali > Legion > Grunt > Don't care about anyone else.

#9 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Garrus. He's the Archangel after all.
I mean Grunt is awesome but Garrus is archangel awesome.

#10 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Garrus. He actually has a personality.

#11 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -

This isn't even a valid question. The answer is more than obvious.

#12 Posted by Brodehouse (10104 posts) -

"Impressive!"

#13 Posted by DoctorTran (1567 posts) -

Wrex.

#14 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -

Grunt is pretty awesome but c'mon.
I MEAN COME ON.
Garrus. Obviously.

#15 Posted by OutOfBounds9000 (2300 posts) -
@Sjosz said:

" Statistically Garrus is the better party member to tag along between the 2 of them, he has both Concussive Shot and Warp or Overload (I forget which). However, the 2 best party members to roll with to ensure best success in combat (for me, anyway) is Miranda and Mordin. Mordin for his Heavy Incinerate and Miranda for her Warp and Overload powers. "

I barely never choose Miranda as a party member. My favourites are Mordin, Grunt, Garrus, and The Assassin (forgot his name, hes the only alien on the cover)
#16 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Grunt, he's a bloody tank.

Besides he saved my life once by charging into like 5 husks that were swarming me yelling: I AM KROGAN.

Can't beat that.

#17 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

Garrus.  He, alongside Wrex, were the only characters from the first game that were remotely interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.