Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Help me choose DLC

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By RedRoach

So I have 1600 MS points, which by my (albeit terrible) math will get me 2 DLC packs, one will be taken by the Arrival. I can't choose a second one, the most important factor to my decision is how much a DLC pack will effect Mass Effect 3. I know there probably isn't any solid evidence on which content will affect ME3 (and to what degree), but base it off of speculation. If Kasumi returns, thats another party member in ME3. 

****SPOILERS**** 

****SPOILERS**** 
    iBePeRFeCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By iBePeRFeCT

You get most bang for your buck by purchasing the Shadow Broker DLC, but my favorite was the Overlord DLC.  Seeing as you want to base your purchase on the effects it will have on ME3 then I would suggest getting the Shadow Broker DLC as I would imagine it would play some role in ME3.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

None of us know what will happen with Liara in ME3 if you don't play the Shadow Broker. 

That said, I'd go with Shadow Broker but I'd totally avoid The Arrival. That DLC is trash compared to the others and probably nothing will change in ME3 if you don't play it.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Aetheldod

Lair of the Shadow Broker is a must , is the best DLC by Bioware ever .... and Kasumi's dlc  is cool too but Shadow is a must dude

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Entreri10

Last I heard the ending in Lair is canon for ME3 whether you buy it or not, but it was the funnest of the dlc for me but I haven't bought overlord yet.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By project343

Shadow Broker is a must, but I doubt that any of the DLC will port decisions over. Unless they've already confirmed this.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By PhatSeeJay

I doubt any of the DLCs will affect your ME3 game in any way. At least not more than dialogue strings that might get locked out if you didn't play them. The only DLC that could change something in ME3, would be Overlord. None of the other have any future determine choices.

But Lair of the Shadow Broker is the must in my opinion. It's the one that feels closest to Shepard, even if you didn't romance Liara. Kasumi is good because she's a nice party member, and it's quite a fun piece to play even if the combat pieces are pretty boring.

If anything, I'd say avoid Arrival and watch it on Youtube, because you have NO choices and you're alone. Kasumi and the Shadow Broker would be the two, with Shadow Broker being my definite recommendation if you prefer story over an extra squad member.

How can you say no to those eyes?
    How can you say no to those eyes?
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

1. Shadow Broker
    2. Kasumi
    3.  Arrival
    4. Overlord

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Dany
    @SethPhotopoulos
    1. Shadow Broker
    2. Kasumi
    3.  Arrival
    4. Overlord
    I'd switch arrival with overlord, the ending of overlord was really cool
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Dany said:
    @SethPhotopoulos
    1. Shadow Broker
    2. Kasumi
    3.  Arrival
    4. Overlord
     I agree the ending of Overlord was great but I could not stand the rest of it.
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By PhatSeeJay

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Dany said:
    @SethPhotopoulos
    1. Shadow Broker
    2. Kasumi
    3. Arrival
    4. Overlord
    I agree the ending of Overlord was great but I could not stand the rest of it.

I would have switched Arrival and Overlord, as well. But more because Arrival didn't actually give you anything.

Shadow Broker gave you closure with Liara.

Kasumi gave you a party member and a weapon.

Overlord gave you a choice.

Arrival gave you... Admiral Hackett's face?

I don't know. Just felt like I could have watched a couple of cutscenes instead because I could do nothing to affect the outcome (without going into too much details with risk of spoiling it).

Then again, I would probably still recommend Arrival over Overlord, simply because it explains something important to the story, while Overlord is just a more complex "uncharted planet mission". Something completely irrelevant to the overarching story. Would have taken a reunion with Ashley/Kaidan-DLC over Overlord any day.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By jasta

Arrival is the only DLC I'd avoid if it meant sacrificing getting one of the others.

Shadow Broker is probably the more important of the lot. 

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#14  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Arrival is the only Mass Effect 2 DLC I never got around to purchasing, mostly because everyone says it's 90 minutes of solo shepard just shooting things. Of course, I was also considering going for a full S Rank achievement-wise this summer so I'll probably get it eventually anyways, despite probably being garbage. Shadow Broker is obviously the one they put the most effort into, whereas Kasumi is at least decently interesting. I wasn't a huge fan of overlord, mostly because I don't think the hovertank is really that interesting.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Junkerman
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    1. Shadow Broker 2. Kasumi 3.  Arrival 4. Overlord
    This is a factual statement.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.