Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Help with PS3 downloadable ME2 load times(testing!)

TheInsider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheInsider

I am doing some load times testing with an SSD on the PS3. For those of you who purchased the Downloadable version of ME2 and are interested just do some quick tests and post them below. If you bought the the Disc based version go ahead if you like and we will compare those also.

1. Give your PS3 model and what HD you have in it. Also if you have the disc or DL version.

2. Load up your post game save with all characters saved(if you have one, if not just load up your best save. No biggie!)

3. On the Normandy head up to Deck 1. Go to your floor select and select Deck 2. Start your timer as soon as you press Deck 2.

4. Stop your timer the split second you see yourself pop into Deck 2. Record your time here

5. Then go to Deck 2 to 3 and record that, then 3 to 4. If you feel an average is needed do this a couple of times.( It made no difference on mine.)

Just post the results here and we will see how it goes for different folks. Also note any info you may think is important.

My results: PS3 Slim, 80gig Intel SSD. Downloadable version of ME2

Deck 1 to 2 24 seconds

Deck 2 to 3 26 seconds

Deck 3 to 4 20 seconds

Thanks for any help you may provide

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.