Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

High Resolution Texture Mod

• 65 results
    AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By AngelN7

Wow Looks pretty damn amazing specially the Garrus one , the detail on his skin is very significant and even when I consider myselft to be the worst at spotting little details , for those who refuse to do it for an understandable reason just look at the full screen image it´s pretty impresive.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By tourgen

wow, looks great!

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By MrKlorox

Awesome. Too bad I still can't properly play it with a controller. Would love to have this on the big screen in the living room.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By Samaritan

I can never get enough high res textures.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#55  Edited By project343

@Willin said:

Does a year and a half old game need a high res texture pack?

You clearly missed that insane bandwagon of Crysis visual mods that became the hot PC gamer crazy between 2007 and 2009. To this day, texture mods, weather mods, lighting mods... they're still releasing like madness for that game.

And I mean really. Does Crysis need any of that? I mean really... the shot below... that's uncanny.

No Caption Provided
    emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By emem

@project343: I've actually never installed any mods for Crysis hmmm.. is it (visually) worth it?

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#57  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@Branthog said:

This kind of frustrates me. You didn't used to have to download and install something extra to get the best quality out of a PC game. It just came that way. Now you have to login to the convoluted EA system (at least for the handful of EA games that do this), prove you registered the game, have your account info, navigate their system, find the file, download the file, run the installation, etc. Just to get more PC-ass graphics and less console-ass graphics. It saddens me.

PC gaming is always work if you want to push your system and find the most interesting mods and tweaks, I think you're mixing the ease of use on consoles here. Downloading a high texture pack is not hard, but I guess one has to complain about something?

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By vortextk

How's the game run with the texture mods? Like, I know the enb stuff will probably kill me and I won't bother, but is it just somewhat harder on a pc as well as the load times for the textures? I wanted to get the mass effects on my pc and play them again since I don't see why I would get ME3 on my xbox, my computer isn't crazy but it's way too beefy for a console to compete now. Phenom II X4 at 3.2ghz and crossfire 4870's. Console games in general run 1080p60 maxed out.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#59  Edited By GS_Dan

@Vortextk: If you go for just the non-DLC main character pack it doesn't take very long to load, and the little things which annoyed me in the vanilla are now gone (such as Garrus' terrible armour textures). It's more a case of getting rid of flaws than improving it drastically- you won't think it's a different game, but only one that hasn't been held back by weaker platforms as much.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By vortextk

I guess I'll just have to try it to see the framerate impacts if any, as the base game itself I'm not too worried about that department. I don't want ME3 on xbox now, but I don't want a vanilla character for it on pc, so I have to get them and remake my character for the first two games...Well I don't have to, I just want to at this point.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By warxsnake

@JJWeatherman said:

@Lights_Up_The_Shaft said:

Does a year and a half old game need a high res texture pack?

Looking at the full size screens, it looks amazing. Therefore I say yes! :D

I remember seeing this mod a month after ME2's release. Not the ENB settings but the high res textures.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By emem
    @Vortextk said:

I guess I'll just have to try it to see the framerate impacts if any, as the base game itself I'm not too worried about that department. I don't want ME3 on xbox now, but I don't want a vanilla character for it on pc, so I have to get them and remake my character for the first two games...Well I don't have to, I just want to at this point.

Oh, 2 months ago... I totally missed your post. How did the game run for you? I've got the same CPU (I think, Phenom II 955 @ 3.7Ghz instead of 3.2) + a GTX 570 and the textures + the ENB series dll made ME2 barely playable on my system.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
    deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still have to finish Mass Effect 2. After I re-play Mass Effect 1 (I lost my save). So I'm actually pleased by this.

ftomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By ftomato

Yeah, it looks better, but it hits my peeve of modders changing things that were done that way on purpose - the changes to Tali's face are dumb. The model was designed to only show eyes and nose so that players wouldn't know how she looks, adding eyebrows and whatever they put on her head doesn't make it a better looking model, it breaks the model.

bwat47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By bwat47

awesome

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.