How do you max out either moral bar?

#1 Posted by McNulty (4 posts) -

I've completed Mass Effect 2 four times in a row (doing everything along the way) yet I can never seem to fully max out either my Renegade or my Paragon bar. I can fill up about 95% but by then I've already done everything (and usually the other moral bar is slightly filled up, through no intention of mine).

Anyone got any ideas for this? I really want to recruit Morinth but I can never fill it up high enough. :/

#2 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

If you have a game save from Mass Effect 1 (either from playing it previously on 360 or you can just download one for PC), you get a decent starting bonus (I think on a full paragon playthrough it started me off with +190). Otherwise just make sure you're doing all the missions and sidequests.

I thought you only needed ~80-90% to recruit Morinth anyway?

#3 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

You don't need 100% to recruit Morinth.  All you need is somewhere around 3-3.5 bars of either Paragon or Renegade.  The fastest way is to suffer through the game and never add points to the "Make be better, faster, stronger, more evil, more good" stat until you have close to two bars of Paragon or Renegade.

#4 Posted by zombie2011 (5036 posts) -

If you are playing as a Vangard reach lvl 4 on your Vangard stat you can choose to be a Champion which gives you a big boost to your Paragon/Renegade score.

#5 Posted by Raiden36O (123 posts) -

Are you sure you dont need 100% to recruit Morinith? i was having a similar problem. Doing pretty much everything reengade, as many side quests and diolog options as i could find to boost it, but i couldnt quite get it there.

Was really enoying to because i could only get it to about 95% and i was trying to get the complete on  insane, and no team dying achievments on the same play through so i wanted everyone loyal. Wasnt able to recruit Morinith, and ended up having to lose Legions loyalty because i needed 100% for the dialog option, but i was able to get him through alive, then my choices during the final mission boosted my renegade score to 100% and i was able to win him back with diolog options after the final mission.

#6 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -
@Raiden36O said:
" Are you sure you dont need 100% to recruit Morinith? i was having a similar problem. Doing pretty much everything reengade, as many side quests and diolog options as i could find to boost it, but i couldnt quite get it there. Was really enoying to because i could only get it to about 95% and i was trying to get the complete on  insane, and no team dying achievments on the same play through so i wanted everyone loyal. Wasnt able to recruit Morinith, and ended up having to lose Legions loyalty because i needed 100% for the dialog option, but i was able to get him through alive, then my choices during the final mission boosted my renegade score to 100% and i was able to win him back with diolog options after the final mission. "
I guess you do need to be 100% to get the choice to recruit Morinth. However, if you're playing Paragon and you have a high enough score to choose the "Surprise." dialogue option in the conversation then you get the choice as well.
#7 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Upgrade the skill that increases your amount of paragon/renegade.

#8 Posted by PenguinDust (12604 posts) -

Wait a minute.  I've not been paying too much attention I guess, but is the gist of this that during Samara's loyalty mission, if I had decided to kill Samara instead of Morinth I could have recruited her?  Wow, going to have to try that next time through.

#9 Posted by Tennmuerti (8172 posts) -
@PenguinDust: Don't get exited all that changes is a couple conversations in the ship and her skill set, she masquerades as her mom for the rest of the team and behaves and talks exactly like Samara.
#10 Posted by jonny_eh (58 posts) -
@Tennmuerti said:
" @PenguinDust: Don't get exited all that changes is a couple conversations in the ship and her skill set, she masquerades as her mom for the rest of the team and behaves and talks exactly like Samara. "
She says different stuff during battle though, and you can have an interesting interaction with her after the suicide mission. And her power, dominate, is amazing. It really helped me beat the game on insanity.
#11 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

Regardless of which class you're playing, once you max out the stat that boosts other stats (for my Infiltrator it was the "Operative" stat or something like that) you get the option of evolving into one of two things: the first improves your combat abilities as well as boosting your Paragon/Renegade score by 70% (recalling that from memory, may not be 100% correct, but in that ballpark), the second improves your health(?) as well as boosting your Paragon/Renegade score by 100%. Do that and you should be able to select any dialogue option from the classification of your choice.

#12 Posted by Spongetwan (202 posts) -

I maxed out My character but he was imported from part one. Not sure if that helps

#13 Posted by McNulty (4 posts) -

Thanks for the replies, but as I said before - I did absolutely everything in the game and was polite/mean to everyone I met. The dialogue options to recruit Morinth weren't there, even when I had 95% Paragon/Renegade.

Oh and I'm playing on the PC version, if that makes a difference.

#14 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -
@McNulty:  Your game must be bugged.  I've played the game 4 times now and I've gotten her twice and never had even 80% renegade or paragon points. 

I think one thing that might effect it is the difference in your Paragon and Renegade.  On my first play through I had about 80% of both points but I didn't get that option.  Everytime I've gotten that option I was extremely biased towards one of the alignments
#15 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1866 posts) -
@Tennmuerti said:
" @PenguinDust: Don't get exited all that changes is a couple conversations in the ship and her skill set, she masquerades as her mom for the rest of the team and behaves and talks exactly like Samara. "
That is exceedingly creepy.
#16 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -
@Tarsier said:
" why would you want her over samara anyway? she's a bitch. "
She has a way better loyalty power imo. 

Not to mention that some people may play the game multiple time in hopes of getting the most out of it.  That would involve using different party members and gaining party members that you were locked out from on a previous play.
#17 Posted by killer_meatballs (483 posts) -

I had no idea you could recruit her.  This game is amazing,  so many choices.   I might have to play it again.

#18 Edited by xatmos (78 posts) -

@McNulty: The more missions you do the harder the charm/intimidate checks become.

Both Samara and Morinth are big cliches. But, I kind of like the idea of having a dark and dangerous secret on the ship.

#19 Posted by McNulty (4 posts) -
@sickVisionz: The reason I said "Paragon/Renegade" was because - as I previously mentioned - I've done 4 playthroughs each with either a Paragon or a Renegade character. I did not mean for the same character.
#20 Posted by jmrwacko (2443 posts) -

I just completed a game with my renegade bar overfilled by like 100 points and my paragon bar filled to 2 notches. I'm sure it's possible to get over 75% of both if you're really careful at juggling decisions. It all lies in picking the second class passive option that gives a 100% paragon/renegade boost.

#21 Posted by jmrwacko (2443 posts) -
@sickVisionz said:
" @McNulty:  Your game must be bugged.  I've played the game 4 times now and I've gotten her twice and never had even 80% renegade or paragon points.  I think one thing that might effect it is the difference in your Paragon and Renegade.  On my first play through I had about 80% of both points but I didn't get that option.  Everytime I've gotten that option I was extremely biased towards one of the alignments "
I got the option to kill Samara with 80% paragon and 10% renegade. Figure that out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.