How many times have you completed Mass Effect 2?

• 195 results
#1 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Just twice for me, once on PC on normal and once on 360 on insanity. 

Soldier first time, Infiltrator second. Do you think the classes have enough variety to make each playthrough feel somewhat fresh? 

My second playthrough felt really fresh because it was almost a year after I finished the game the first time plus I bought the 3 mission packs. (Kasumi, Broker, Overlord)

#2 Posted by Soap_of_Death (94 posts) -

Just once as Vanguard. I plan on playing it through it again just to play the DLC missions, in particular the Shadow Broker one. I beat it within 2/3 days of its release so my second playthrough will hopefully feel like a whole new experience. It won't happen for a while however, I'm currently playing through Mass Effect 1 again making a few different choices this time around to alter ME2's plot.

#3 Posted by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -

Twice. Both as soldier.

#4 Edited by supermike6 (3540 posts) -

Only once. Not only would it be a hassle to play it again (since for my first playthrough I borrowed it from a friend), I also didn't particularly like it the first time through anyways.

#5 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Thrice, gonna be 5 when I get it back from the friend that borrowed it.

#6 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3184 posts) -

Twice.

#7 Edited by newhaap (416 posts) -

Four times for me: two playthroughs with my main paragon male Shepard, one playthrough with my main renegade lady Shepard, and another one with a paragon lady Shepard. I need to finish a renegade male Shepard playthrough now :p 

Edit: also I think playing the different classes will probably feel more different in higher difficulties. I've been playing vanguard, adept and soldier so far but only on the normal difficulty, and they don't feel terribly different.

#8 Posted by fugie7 (1108 posts) -

twice

#9 Posted by Chris2KLee (2328 posts) -

4, going to do another before ME3 probably.

#10 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" Thrice, gonna be 5 when I get it back from the friend that borrowed it. "

Very good. 

I'm working on my second.
#11 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@JJWeatherman: =D
#12 Posted by Marz (5642 posts) -

3,  male, female, and hardest difficulty playthrough's

#13 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Female Adept Hardcore
Male Vanguard Insanity
Female Infiltrator Hardcore

That's nothing compared to my 26 ME1 completes :/
Now I'm starting to doubt if the game really was that good xD

#14 Posted by mordukai (7133 posts) -

Twice. Once on the 360 and another on the PS3. Now if Bioware will fix the game+ glitch then it would be 3. 

#15 Edited by Dtat (1623 posts) -

5 times I believe. 1 soldier, 3 vanguards, 1 adept. 

4 times were female. Jennifer Hale all the way. The only reason to play Male Shep is Tali. 

1 time was on Insanity as a female Vanguard.

#16 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Three. 

#17 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Geno said:
" Three.  "
Say thrice goddamnit!
#18 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @Geno said:
" Three.  "
Say thrice goddamnit! "
Thrice!
#19 Posted by csl316 (8086 posts) -

My main character is a good male Shepard, and I quite enjoyed playing as a Vanguard.

I'm about halfway through with a renegade female Sentinel, but since I did most of the side stuff on my first save, things are getting kinda tough as I critical path my way through.

#20 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Geno said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Geno said:
" Three.  "
Say thrice goddamnit! "
Thrice! "
Thank you.
#21 Posted by Haethos (307 posts) -

Four times -- Infil, Vanguard, Soldier, Sentinel (on insanity) in that order. I'm working on another ME1 save to import into ME2 for my refresher before ME3 -- stupid shadow broker dlc ruined my s-rank though! >.<

#22 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -

Twice, once as a paragon soldier on normal, and then a renegade adept on insanity. 

#23 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

I think just twice.

Moderator Online
#24 Edited by Yummylee (21242 posts) -

Six times in total. I have five Shepards, but one I played through with twice: one for his initial soldier run (which I hated), and another for my eventual Insanity run as a Sentinel (which I'd take over playing as a soldier on a lesser difficulty any day)

#25 Edited by NickLott (792 posts) -

Twice. Played the first time with my paragon save on pc and immediately on completing that I started again on my Renegade save on pc. I completed the game twice in under 10 days, the first time I've ever played a game again immediately after I finished. And I have to say, Renagade was more fun.

#26 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4928 posts) -

Twice. Both as soldier.

#27 Posted by Teoball (572 posts) -

Four times. Once one the PC, three times on the 360 and I'm getting close to the end of my first run on the PS3.  

#28 Posted by Wasara88 (332 posts) -

seven or eight times. I love mass effect.

#29 Posted by JeanLuc (3571 posts) -

I've lost count, six... maybe seven times? 

I kind of got super obsessed with the game for the first half of last year. I stopped play for I while but with all the GOTY talk that happened last month and the ME3 announcement I find myself hooked all over again. DAMN YOU BIOWARE! DAMN YOU FOR MAKING SUCH AN AMAZING GAME!

#30 Posted by warxsnake (2635 posts) -
#31 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -

I think about ten. 8 times on PC with varying difficulties then twice on 360, Veteran afterwards Insanity. Hell, I'd do it again.

#32 Posted by NoCookiesForYou (756 posts) -

Only twice, both times with soldier. Have to try out those biotic classes third time around.

#33 Posted by SmasheControllers (2544 posts) -

Too many time, at least once with every class and every time a new DLC is released I restart.

#34 Posted by Cirdain (2996 posts) -

#35 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -
@CL60 said:

" @Geno said:

" @CL60 said:
" @Geno said:
" Three.  "
Say thrice goddamnit! "
Thrice! "
Thank you. "
  Quince for me! 
#36 Posted by Gre (154 posts) -

Just the once.  I usually don't have time to go through story games more than that.

#37 Posted by britg (22 posts) -

Twice... but perhaps more telling is that my wife beat it twice, and she's never played or beat a video game before in her life.

#39 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

To completion, twice. I got halfway done another three times.

#40 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

Once, got tired of it during my second playthrough.

#41 Posted by Vaile (355 posts) -

No less than 10 times, but on a total of five characters. I'm very picky about getting my decisions the way I want them.

#42 Posted by LiquidPrince (15840 posts) -
@DoctorTran said:
" Twice. Both as soldier. "
Ew. It made sense in Mass Effect 1 to play soldier, but in Mass Effect 2 you should play as the Biotics.
#43 Edited by xyzygy (9890 posts) -

ME2 twice, ME1 quice. Hopefully I'll keep this mathematical trend going and only play ME3 once. Actually that would be tragic depending on how the game is   

ME2: Infiltrator, Adept 

ME1: Infiltrator, Infiltrator (Same guy for New Game +), Adept, Vanguard

btw quice = 4

#44 Posted by ptys (1881 posts) -

Once with 2x midway games going currently.

#45 Posted by Reuben (622 posts) -

I completed it once, The first Mass Effect I completed about 5 times. Something about the first made me want to replay it more. I think it's because of the RPG elements it had? Anyway I see myself beating Mass Effect 2 once more before the 3rd comes out.

#46 Posted by velucyraptor (358 posts) -

I'm only midway through my second, &purely to get a save I'm happy with for ME3.

#47 Posted by 02sfraser (847 posts) -

Just the once. Both Mass Effect games are my mates so I did my one proper play on both so I can carry over into the 3rd.

#48 Posted by JacDG (2113 posts) -

Twice, probably going to try and run through another time with a female character on easy, just to try out more classes.

#49 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

Just once. As much as I love the game and the series, I can't get myself to play through them again for some reason. I've never been a fan of replaying (except chrono trigger, which I replay biyearly).  

Which is weird considering I routinely watch the ending and trailers on youtube and I still love them.

#50 Posted by Sjosz (485 posts) -

5 times after its release. A couple more times during development.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.