Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

How to access/delete the ME final save used for importing on 360?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By napalm

I have a strange request: 

You see, when you click on "Import Mass Effect Character," in the ME2 game screen, it gives you a list of ALL of the saves that have the end save file that is importable. This is great for importing, but what do I do if I want to delete the older, crusty save files on here that I don't use anymore? I assumed it was the save file itself, so I went into the ME character files and deleted all of them (even the setting), but that didn't do it. I deleted the ME2 Importer Utility, but that didn't do it. I deleted ALL of the saves and settings (minus DLC) from my ME2 file, but that didn't do it. 

(tl;dr) So Giant Bomb, where the fuck is the final save file located on my hard drive, and how can I get rid of it?

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nukesniper

I don't think you can actually find it. I think it saves in your system files or something to make it easier to transfer to another game. I'm not %100 on that, but I know for a fact that I had to move my profile to my old 20gb hard drive to get the ME1 import save to work for me. This makes me think that the file is tucked away in those 7gb or whatever that the HDD sets aside for its evil purposes... Sorry, I bet you are out of luck. I'm in the other boat though, and have no imports on my 360S console because my old 20gb HDD has the 2-3 I had on there just sitting there.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By napalm
    @nukesniper: It's just irritating because I have like, eight importable save files, but they are all old and I don't use any of them and I just want to get rid of them. I mean, the 7 gigabytes that comes standard is just music and videos and shit you can delete.
    bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By bibledoctor

That is strange because I deleted all my old saves that I didn't want to use anymore either, and that did the trick. I only have two of my Shepards from ME available for import out of what used to be at least ten.

Diachron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Diachron
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By napalm
    @Diachron said:
    "  
    This might help-- I stumbled onto it in the Bioware forums one day while looking for something else entirely, but I bookmarked it just in case I needed it in the future, heh: 

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/131/index/4747649/ "
    You are a fucking god, good sir! I can't thank you enough!
    Diachron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Diachron
    @Napalm: Glad it helped!
    getitdunn1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@napalm: I know this an older post and I am late to the party but I have this same issue. I tried clicking on the link you posted but it stated that the forum ended. Do you remember how you deleted the files.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.