How to Avoid the PS3 Save Corruption Bug

#1 Posted by cjmabry (485 posts) -

I was reading into it and while I don't have a PS3 or the game, here's some info to help you guys who do have the game, posted by one of the official dudes in the forum.  

Chris Priestly wrote...

Hello everyone.

We are aware that a small group of Playstation 3 users are getting corrupted saves while playing Mass Effect 2. We are aware of the issue and we are working on a patch to fix it. This issue is caused by too many level transitions within a single gaming session. Players who play for an extended period may encounter this issue.

In the mean time, there is a very simple work around to prevent this issue. Simply restart your game every few hours. By shutting down and restarting your game, you will not encounter the corrupted save issue. 

So take a break from Mass Effect2 by shutting down your game, say hello to your loved ones or take the dog for a walk and then restart and keep playing. 

#2 Posted by shenstra (160 posts) -

I'm definitely following that advice, as well as playing a different Shepard until the patch comes out. I won't take any risks with my personal-canon infiltrator femshep! Also a nice opportunity to experience a different side of the game. My primary character is all about taking cover, cloaking and sniping. My secondary character (male sentinel) can be played much more aggressively, uses a bunch of powers and acts like a dick.

They've already made a patch and are currently testing it. They hope to finish testing on Friday and then it's up to Sony to quickly get the patch live. More info on the BioWare forum.

#3 Posted by Bouke (1401 posts) -
@cjmabry: Thanks for the info; a friend is playing it on the PS3 so i forwarded him this. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.