Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

How to hack computer terminals in ME2?

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By CornontheCobbe

A bit of a stupid question.

So i have been playing Mass Effect 2 for some days now, and the one thing that really annoys me is that i have not figured out how to hack those computer terminals with the colored text. How do i go about doing this? I gave up after numerous tries.

Am i supposed to pick randomly what color or shape the text bar is?

If anyone can explain, that would be greatly appreciated. : )

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Tylea002
    @CornontheCobbe: At the top of the screen is a picture of the text. You need to find THAT text. And press A. Then it switches and you find another.

I hate it. I wish I could hate it out of the game.
    Feser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Feser

There is a text box at the top left corner that you need to match to text boxes in the collumns, you have three attemps, and (for the most part) need to match a total of three boxes. Hitting the red boxes reduces the ones that you have already matched, so if you just matched one correctly and hit a red box, you now have matched none of them correctly. Hit a red box without any matches and you get shut out of the terminal.
    CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Oh god. Thank you so much duder. I always just pressed start hack, without even noticing that text in the corner. No wonder i failed so many times : )

Killboyy777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Killboyy777

when you hack  your looking at a stream of code. scrolling down the screen. in the top left they give you an image of the code segment your looking for in the stream. match the thumbnail image to the image that's in the stream of code... not sure how else to explain it.

take note of colour and position of the text.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

Yeah and avoid touching the red cause it'll mess up your progress with it. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.