I almost caved and watched some of the spoilers!

#1 Posted by xyzygy (10066 posts) -

AHHHH! There are so many threads here on GB that have spoilers / quick looks at the gameplay and the urge to see them is too much! I just look down at Mordukai's "This is what will carry over from ME1 save file" thread, or Dany's "SPOILER: Mass Effect 2 Character Creator Vid + First Cutscene" thread, and Brad's "Mass Effect 2: The Truth About The First 90 Minutes" article.... ALL I WANT TO DO IS CLICK THEM AND WATCH ALL THE VIDEOS IN THERE BACK TO BACK AND THEN OVER AGAIN!  

I am trying my best though. Back in November I gave in and watched the video about Garrus returning (because it was on the front page and pretty much ruined my hopes of having that a surprise -_-) and I knew I had been a bad boy. I slapped myself on the wrist and vowed to never do that again.  

Yet with everyone mentioning all these new characters around the boards, I feel like I know who my party will be already. I feel really bad about that. I heard about this weird Subject 17 or w/e character, and apparently she's really different for the game and I just kinda wanted something like that to be a surprise! 

Is anyone else here abstaining from ME2 threads as much as possible and having a hard time???? AHHHHHH

#2 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
"Is anyone else here abstaining from ME2 threads as much as possible and having a hard time???? AHHHHHH"
Yep, I guess this is the official support group thread.  Hello, My name is EvilTwin and I'm avoiding Mass Effect 2 spoilers.
#3 Posted by xyzygy (10066 posts) -

We've ordered a foot-long sub from Subway for the table in back of the room. You're all welcome to it once the session is over, so we can get to know each other a bit more. 

#4 Posted by CaptainObvious (3000 posts) -

How are character creator and first cutscene spoilers?

#5 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Be strong. Be strong.

#6 Posted by xyzygy (10066 posts) -
@CaptainObvious: Umm... because I want to save them until I play the game, and not go "Oh, this is that part I seen on the Giant Bomb video." 

I have an insane attachment to Mass Effect.
#7 Posted by Robiin (297 posts) -

With all the trailers and new info coming out every day (it seems like), I decided to avoid any further exposion to Mass Effect 2. I am so pumped for this game, but I feel like I know everything already. So, now, I will at least have some surprises. 

This is the first game I have done so with, since the days I started gaming on N64, because then I didn't have any internet connection. I hope that this makes me appreciate the game more. I have the Special Edition pre-ordered, and January 29th (European release) couldn't be further away.

#8 Posted by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -

I cracked and checked out. Although I do it all the time, checking the plot of a game I'm hot on.

Shame on me, still.

#9 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Trust me don't, what is seen can not be unseen, you will know too much and feel spoiled by it completely, sort of like how I am right now.

#10 Posted by MrJared (399 posts) -

Considering the media onslaught that Bioware seems fit to carry out, there's only one solution: we get our asses to Mars and start a new colony where the only rule is that you don't talk about Mass Effect 2 spoilers. 

Actually, the only spoiler I've read so far is what choices carry over from the original game and that's because I planned to do a real quick easy-mode run to recreate the choices I made originally, just so I can make absolutely sure that I didn't screw up anything with one of my New Game+ playthroughs. 

#11 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1329 posts) -
@MrJared: Yup I need to do a run through the first game also since I lost my previous save(s) to a format, of course I heard about Steam saving saved files to the 'steam cloud' after and that it doesn't seem to actually WORK... it saves settings from the steam folders themselves, but it seems if steam payed attention they'd figure out saved game files are almost always in a separate folder in your documents or equiv location. 

I'm sad for losing my time invested in going to all the utterly boring planets, but am happy that's not something that carries over as a 'choice' of some sort, so I can blast through just having fun to get my saved file in tip top shape for Mass Effect 2.
#12 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1329 posts) -
@MrJared: Yup I need to do a run through the first game also since I lost my previous save(s) to a format, of course I heard about Steam saving saved files to the 'steam cloud' after and that it doesn't seem to actually WORK... it saves settings from the steam folders themselves, but it seems if steam payed attention they'd figure out saved game files are almost always in a separate folder in your documents or equiv location. 

I'm sad for losing my time invested in going to all the utterly boring planets, but am happy that's not something that carries over as a 'choice' of some sort, so I can blast through just having fun to get my saved file in tip top shape for Mass Effect 2.
#13 Posted by Ubiquitous (571 posts) -

Yeah I refuse to look at anything that contains spoilers for the game, just like in Dragon Age I didn't look at any of the aricles on the Origin stories. It is most certainly tempting to look at gameplay footage but I have a much stronger urge to stay away from it. Secrets and suprises are one of my favorite things in videogames. (Though I feel like those things have been lacking severely in past years.)  

So yeah, stay the fuck away from them spoiler dealies, you'll thank yourself later.

#14 Posted by adam_grif (1144 posts) -

Near the end of the game, it turns out that Verbal is Kaiser Soze, and that Tyler Durden is just the protagonist's split personality. Then the citadel is just a modern nature reserve, and Donnie dies.

#15 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

It seems a full cinematic trailer was released on Xbox Live.  So I thought it necessary to bump this thread to reinvigorate my brethren.  Stay strong against the onslaught.

#16 Posted by Bozo (33 posts) -

I remember a day when I had to beg for scraps of information about my most anticipated games. Now I long for those days where experiences were as innocent as newborn babes. Gaming is so commercial now, and games are just begging for my attention .... ack!  
Its tough to keep it pure. I have seen enough to have a general idea what Mass Effect 2 will be like, but I have decided to stop the madness.  
The fruits of the game will be sweeter my friends. Oh yes. The fruits.

#17 Posted by Zereta (1370 posts) -

Well, the info from these articles are things that a lot of people managed to piece together themselves anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.