Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

I don't really like Mass Effect 2

• 67 results
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#51  Edited By Hizang

This topic is now invalid since I really like Mass Effect 2 now :P

invadernick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By invadernick
    @Hizang said:
    haha really? I was gonna say, I didn't like ME. Sci-Fi settings just don't cut it for me.
    dpedal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By dpedal1
    @Hizang said:
    Traitor!!!!  Now I will be led to the gallows :(
    Jiquk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Jiquk

Seeing as you're playing the PS3 version I'm going to assume you didn't play ME1? If so the main story and the returning characters may not be quite as enjoyable for you.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By soldierg654342
    @Hizang: I don't like the Mass Effect series period. You're not alone. 
    amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By amomjc

To each his own, really. Some people will find their love for it for their own reasons, and some will find its faults. I found the game play to be okay, but the story amazing. It drew me in and rekindled my love for Sci-Fi stories.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By cstrang

I played the shit out of Mass Effect 2, but I do seem to remember it taking an unusually long time for me to get drawn in by it.  Even after that, once I finished the game once, I was done.  I thought it was a good game at the time, but it didn't leave that super addictive, "oh my god, i need to play more" feeling that a lot of people seem to have gotten out of it.

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By JerichoBlyth

I started re-playing it on the hardest setting and I would tend to agree with the topic title now...

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By OneManX

I must be one of the few people who liked them stripping the RPG stuff out. Great characters, the story is cliche, but the game constantly hammers home the part where it's the people and their feelings and stories as it leads up to this mission. And Shepards interactions witht he world around him.

I mean, RPG elements dont really matter int his world if you think about it, it's guns.. i know games like Borderlands figured out how to make an RPG with guns, but I think ME2  that it streamlined the important stuff, like what is the next powerful Shotgun, Sniper, AR, etc. instead of worrying abotu stats and all that, it was more about the overall world that was created. although I can see the story losing its luster over replays or not ramping up fast enough.

It's really this game, Assassin's Creed, and Red Dead have created worlds that I actually cared about. I

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#60  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I guess it's your opinion, I loved it.

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By Teran
    @Hizang:  If we're going to bring fanboisms into this, I'd just like to state that I am the superior gamer because I don't limit myself to the pathetic confines of outdated hardware and controllers with less than a hundred buttons.

If you're playing Mass Effect 2 for the story, you should buy a 360 or PC and play the first one and then the second.  I don't know how good the PS3 version's story introduction is, but there's nothing that matches importing your own character with all your own decisions.

Mass Effect 2 by itself has a weak story, this is generally the case for the middle game/book/movie in any trilogy and if you ready/play/watch it without the benefit of having seen the first it's a tougher nut to swallow.

If you were coming into ME2 expecting Heavy Rain or MGS I don't know what to say.  It's an action rpg, something neither of those games really come close to being (for better or worse).
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By kingzetta

eat some pie

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#63  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

To be honest, the overarching story of Mass Effect 2 didn't really do much for me.  It held a lot of promise but ultimately felt like it was too short and kind of bland.  That being said, I liked the majority of the gameplay elements (especially with the DLC thrown in to add a little variety to it), but the real clincher for me was in the little world-building details.  In a lot of ways, it feels right to me in ways that most other sci-fi games just don't.  I feel like no matter what we've seen in the games, they could go absolutely anywhere, introduce more alien races, pop in more crazy characters (or further define those they already have established), and create more backstory to the entire universe.  I love that feeling.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By mordukai

So? I don't like to eat fish or sea food.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#65  Edited By Hizang
    @Teran
    I'm really enjoying the individual story lines and the generakl atmosphere, the story is really good.
    Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#66  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
    @Slaker117: This, but that almost makes it worse, if you loved the first game.

I'd respond more to this, but if you want to know how I feel about the game, read my review. lol.
    Creigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By Creigz
    @Slaker117 said:
    The overarching story is actually pretty weak. The interesting stuff comes from the characters and their loyalty missions.
    That is exactly it. I didn't find either game terribly interesting story wise, but social interactions were awesome. So fun for me. The interactions to romance Liara in Mass Effect 1 were hilarious. Yeoman Chambers is hilarious in number 2, and I have her feeding my fish. I agree the story is a bit thin, but the characters are what make the game so good. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.