I just had an amazing idea!

#1 Edited by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

Bioware should make a mass effect game for the 3DS or PSP2, that plays like Valkyria Chronicles.
Instead of the Gallia army you play as the Alliance army. Then you outfit your army with: Turians, Krogens, solarans, quarians, humans and they all have different personallies and backstorys. 

#2 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

It's two great tastes that taste great together

#3 Posted by Taklulas (401 posts) -

Bump

#4 Edited by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

I prefer the idea that involves "All Units!"

Well maybe not but an RTS with more focus on squad tactics would be my kind of "tastes that taste good together".

#5 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay said:
" I prefer the idea that involves "All Units!" "
Nah RTS games suck
#6 Posted by AlisterCat (5480 posts) -

I would probably play that.

#7 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I like this idea. Except that Valkyria Chronicles already exists. And I would rather play it on a console.

But good idea!

#8 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@nintendoeats said:
" I like this idea. Except that Valkyria Chronicles already exists. And I would rather play it on a console.  But good idea! "
So what if VC already exists? Didn't stop Alpha Protocol from coming out in a post Mass Effect world.
#9 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@kingzetta said:
" @nintendoeats said:
" I like this idea. Except that Valkyria Chronicles already exists. And I would rather play it on a console.  But good idea! "
So what if VC already exists? Didn't stop Alpha Protocol from coming out in a post Mass Effect world. "
Well, Alpha Protocol had a pretty different (and in some ways better) approach. In this case I would want to see the ME game build upon what Valkyria did in new and interesting ways, not just play like a full-conversion mod.
#10 Edited by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@nintendoeats said:

" @kingzetta said:

" @nintendoeats said:
So what if VC already exists? Didn't stop Alpha Protocol from coming out in a post Mass Effect world. "
Well, Alpha Protocol had a pretty different (and in some ways better) approach. In this case I would want to see the ME game build upon what Valkyria did in new and interesting ways, not just play like a full-conversion mod. "
Well I think that would be a give-in
#11 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@kingzetta said:
" @nintendoeats said:

" @kingzetta said:

" @nintendoeats said:
Well, Alpha Protocol had a pretty different (and in some ways better) approach. In this case I would want to see the ME game build upon what Valkyria did in new and interesting ways, not just play like a full-conversion mod. "
Well I think that would be a give-in "
You would think wouldn't you. But some people would just say "hey its better because its Mass Effect, yay!!!!!" Which is not an appropriate attitude.
#12 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

lol solerans. And I have a feeling Bioware does things better when their limit on the technology they can use isn't as small as the the 3DS or the PSP2 (I highly doubt it can do PS3 graphics)

#13 Posted by JerichoBlyth (1044 posts) -

This is the beggining of the decline when people start throwing out random ideas like this. Because y'know, it worked so well for Halo. 

What next? Mass Effect Babies?

#14 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

I'd only want them to do it if they thought they could pull it off with very high quality, I'm not sure if it's the kind of game Bioware would excel at making.

#15 Posted by alternate (2681 posts) -

Problem is that I doubt Bioware would be interested so it becomes a case of EA getting a low level handheld developer to have a go with the franchise.  Remember those DS and PSP Assassins Creed games?

#16 Posted by JackSukeru (5903 posts) -
@JerichoBlyth said:
" What next? Mass Effect Babyz? "
Fixed.
#17 Posted by Sjosz (485 posts) -

*nitpick* And you do of course realize that the Alliance military is pretty much human only, right?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.