Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

I need Mass Effect 2 character importation help.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

I just yesterday beat Mass Effect 1 and loved it so much that I started a second playthrough almost immediately after the credits rolled. Soon after I started my second playthrough I wondered what would happen if I took the second playthrough save, while still in mid campaign, and integrated it into Mass Effect 2. To keep my options open in case what I fear happens (which is that Mass Effect  will only take the decisions I made so far on my second playthrough and not what I have done on my first playthrough) I started my second playthrough on a separate save slot away from my first playthrough. So, my questions are the following-
    1. If I integrate a mid second playthrough save slot into Mass Effect 2, will it take all the decisions I first made into account or only the ones I have made so far on the 2nd playthrough?
    2. If I fully complete a second playthrough, which playthrough does Mass Effect 2 import? 
    (I apologize if 1&2 sound like the same question).
    3. Before Mass Effect 2 starts, does it tell you the decisions you made in the save slot you are trying to import?

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Codeacious

You can't really import non-completed saves as far as I know. When you import, it'll ask you which save to import, then show you what you did in that save before asking you one more time to confirm that you want to use that save.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

You can only import a completed save, and it'll import the latest playthrough you've gone through with that Shepard career. It'll also run down all the major decisions you made aswell, though most will be brought up through countless emails in yah inbox -_-

rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By rinkalicous

You can't import a mid-game character as far as I know, you can only import the save you get when you beat the game. If you play it twice, it will take the 2nd playthrough's choices, if you choose to import the save from the second playthrough. If you take the save form the first playthrough, it will take the first.

Don't quote me on this, this is just from what I remember.

sjosz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By sjosz
    @Godlyawesomeguy: 
    1. You can only import savegames you have carried to completion. At the very end of the game, between the last fight and the credits rolling, a separate (invisible in ME1) save state is generated for import into ME2.
    2. If you have more than one savegame of a completed ME1 playthrough, regardless of whether you are using the same character for it, you will have a choice of which endgame savegame to import. Both, or however many you have, will show up for selection.
    3. General background and a couple of the most important decisions will be shown to you before you start, all other choices you will find out about in the game itself.

Hopefully the above explanation helps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.