I need specific death on the suicide mission.

• 58 results
#51 Posted by Shirogane (3581 posts) -

So you're playing a renegade Shepherd obviously, meaning, your complaint about Samara is nulled, cause you're essentially doing exactly what she is, killing anyone who gets in your way. 
Also, the argument that religion is a following of arbitary rules, following laws are arbitary rules. 

Anyway, if you don't do her loyalty mission, send her on any of the things that you get to choose someone, and she'll most likely die.
#52 Posted by sodapop7 (311 posts) -

Consent or not they still die as a result which she is well aware of.  I fail to see how this is better than Samara?  This whole game boils down to choosing the lesser of two evils...just kill both of them and be done with it.

#53 Posted by Gonmog (602 posts) -

I sat here really trying to make what you where saying click in my head trying to understand your logic. But i am failing to see it. In this case the logic is not there, you are just hating that in your belief she is following something other then what you think they should be following. 
So as we have gone to a meta level with this topic, would you think the same way about a other people on earth? Because there have been and are many people that follow rules and law sets that are not what someone in the 1st world would call normal law. Who are you to say only your view is better?  
In turn you are worse then what the char does. cause you are saying that she should be only following what your view of the law should be, when all she is doing is enforcing what her peoples view of the law IS. 
Food for thought.

#54 Posted by NTM (7540 posts) -
@liudvikast said:
" @SethPhotopoulos:  1. She does not rape people. All those people consent to sex. 2. Samara murders people too. "

I'm sorry, but everything you've said is just retarded. So I'll just comment on one thing. First of all, yes, she does rape them. Mind rape anyways, because no, the people don't consent to sex, Morinth uses her powers to lure them in. And stop saying Samara is killing innocent people, she doesn't and hasn't. I can find many flaws in which you interpret how things are with these characters. I don't want to start though. I'll just let everyone else go on about it 'cause I really don't care how you choose to play.
#55 Posted by LiudvikasT (18 posts) -
 @Dtat:  
I'm well aware of that. 
@Shirogane:  
I'm playing paragon Shepard 
@Gonmog:

And most likely those laws they follow in the 3rd world are wrong. I don't say that my view is better, I'm just saying that in my opinion my view is better and obviously I will act upon my views.
She is enforcing the rules that are not  codified by any body of the law, so her actions are no different from those of a terrorist, who honestly believes that all those people he blows up deserve it. 
@NTM:  
So by your logic if I met a nice girl and used my natural charm to show her that I'm really nice guy and then we had sex, then I'd be raping her? Because I lured her in using my power. Sure, that makes sense. 
Yes, Samara is killing innocent people. She herself said that if in 24h Shepard won't find the name of the ship, she will have to escape custody using any means necessary (killing innocent police officer).
#56 Posted by Razputin (117 posts) -
@liudvikast: Well, Samara is a mother who's spent couple hundred years trying to KILL HER DAUGHTER. Pretty tough, I say!
#57 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@liudvikast said:
" @Abyssfull: Morinth is lesser evil. If I had true choice in the game I would shoot Samara the second I saw her, killing wounded, defenseless asari isn't exactly just. "
The fuckin' fuck is wrong with you?
#58 Posted by Starklight (60 posts) -
@liudvikast said:
"  @Dtat:  
I'm well aware of that. 
@Shirogane:  
I'm playing paragon Shepard 
@Gonmog:

And most likely those laws they follow in the 3rd world are wrong. I don't say that my view is better, I'm just saying that in my opinion my view is better and obviously I will act upon my views.
She is enforcing the rules that are not  codified by any body of the law, so her actions are no different from those of a terrorist, who honestly believes that all those people he blows up deserve it. 
@NTM:  So by your logic if I met a nice girl and used my natural charm to show her that I'm really nice guy and then we had sex, then I'd be raping her? Because I lured her in using my power. Sure, that makes sense. Yes, Samara is killing innocent people. She herself said that if in 24h Shepard won't find the name of the ship, she will have to escape custody using any means necessary (killing innocent police officer). "
On your bit about charm...Are you aware than Morinth has -mind control-? When she gets you alone, unless you have an extremely high paragon/renegade score (either works) you can't say no to sex, and you would have died if Samara hadn't of shown up. 

AND EVEN IF THEY COULD SAY NO, murdering someone isn't right. Sure it won't be rape, but stabbing someone after it is definately something they did not agree too. A better scenario would be if you convinced a girl you were a nice guy and you had sex AND THEN YOU STABBED HER IN THE FACE AND NECK.

Also you do realize that the "defenseless" asari she killed had to of killed someone to even join the organization, and that person was likely defenseless. Killing a defenseless person (with biotics, so she isn't really defenseless) who killed a defenseless person is fair enough. 

Morinth killed a pile of innocent people. Yes they agreed to sex, not to die. I don't think they'd have "agreed" (even if they had a choice) if they knew they'd die. 

Sure Samara is a bit extreme. But at least what she does can be seen as "for the greater good" even if her methods are a bit extreme. Morinth is just evil though. 

Also. You're a bit wierd, coming from someone who can only be described as a lunatic.
#59 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -
@XII_Sniper said:
" Also I think you're putting too much thought into your Mass Effect choices.  "
Honestly though, isn't that what's awesome about mass effect?  That's exactly why I liked ME2 infinitely more than RDR; you are an integral part of the story, whereas RDR you are just pantomiming a movie character on his predetermined path. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.