I wonder if multiplatform includes Wii . . .

#1 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

. . . God, I hope not. Even though I love third person shooter controls on Wii, Mass Effect would not at all be a good fit.

#2 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -

Why?

Never.

#3 Posted by chililili (1328 posts) -
Arkthemaniac said:
". . . God, I hope not. Even though I love third person shooter controls on Wii, Mass Effect would not at all be a good fit."
All you have to do is think a little, if something like World of Goo is multi-plat you are right to expect it on the wii, if something like Prototype or Assassin's Creed 2 was multiplat you should not expect it on the wii, as it simply does not have anything near the graphic power to render those games.
#4 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

Anything is possible when it comes to EA.

#5 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Commander Shepard Torfaan Sniper training.
A hot new light gun shooter from Bioware!

#6 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Ha, funny. Ark, you're a pretty diehard Nintendo guy, and I often seem to butt heads with you in debates over the Wii, even though I'm a long time Nintendo fan myself. I saw the title of the thread, and was like "Hmm... you know, I think a game like Mass Effect 2 could actually work on the Wii!". Then I click and see your total opposite thoughts. Haha, for once I try agreeing with you and it fails miserably.

#7 Posted by Trickster (60 posts) -

I doubt it, I think it will most likely be released on the same systems that Dead Space was released on, PS3, 360 and PC.

We've seen time and time again that "hardcore" titles dont do to well on anything other than the 3 above mentioned systems.
So I doubt EA will spend resources and manpower on porting it to a system where the odds of it turning a worthwhile profit is relatively low.

#8 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
TheGreatGuero said:
"Ha, funny. Ark, you're a pretty diehard Nintendo guy, and I often seem to butt heads with you in debates over the Wii, even though I'm a long time Nintendo fan myself. I saw the title of the thread, and was like "Hmm... you know, I think a game like Mass Effect 2 could actually work on the Wii!". Then I click and see your total opposite thoughts. Haha, for once I try agreeing with you and it fails miserably."
Hah, too bad, I guess. I love the concept of Third-Person shooters on Wii, which is why In think something like Gears of War would be awesome for it, but Mass Effect . . . half that game isn't even shooting. It's a lot of talking and graphic display, which isn't something the Wii can do well. 
#9 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -
Arkthemaniac said:
". . . God, I hope not. Even though I love third person shooter controls on Wii, Mass Effect would not at all be a good fit."
I just don't see that happening. Regardless of all technical limitations (graphics power, remapping controls to fit with the Wiimote, etc.), the history just isn't there. Mass Effect was released for the 360 and the PC. I see Mass Effect 2 coming to the 360, PS3 and PC. Not the Wii.
#10 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

How could they get a game like Mass Effect onto the Wii?  It'd look like crap, maybe even be in 2D, and have some gimmick mini-games involving the wiimote.  It's too serious a game for the Wii.

#11 Posted by ColMustard (357 posts) -

Thats like cooking up a prime piece of Delmonico Steak, shitting on it and serving it a childs birthday party....

#12 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -
chililili said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
All you have to do is think a little, if something like World of Goo is multi-plat you are right to expect it on the wii, if something like Prototype or Assassin's Creed 2 was multiplat you should not expect it on the wii, as it simply does not have anything near the graphic power to render those games."
yeah, but isn't there a rumor that bioware is making Mass Effect for the DS?  It's not like they couldn't downgrade it.
#13 Posted by jakob187 (21665 posts) -

Multiplatform does not mean every platform.  However, I think I get the joke behind this question that you ask...so hahaha.  Regardless, Dead Space is still going to kick ass on Wii.

#14 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Haha, Ark made a joke. Still, considering Dead Space is coming, you make actually have some viability.  All I can say is that I don't think anyone wants Mass Effect on the Wii, so it probably ain't gonna happen.

#15 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

I never played Dead Space, but isn't that very actiony and isolated? Yeah, Wii can handle those games. Mass Effect is, like I said, half or less than half fighting, the other part exposition.

Dead Space will kick ass on Wii, no doubt. Mass Effect? Eh . . . I had a hard time enjoying the 50-minute conversations with HD graphics.
#16 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Doubt it, I couldn't see it being a Wii game. Would the game be able to have the same amount of locations and size on the Wii? Graphically, it obviously isn't going to be the same.

#17 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

No, it doesn't.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.