Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Insanity with enginneer: Collector ship level

Avatar image for starfishhunter9
    Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Starfishhunter9

Hi, I am just posting to ask if anyone has beaten ME2 on insanity with the Engineer class? I've beaten the game about 8 times with every other class besides this one and adapt and none of them have been as hard.  Other missions were hard but doable but I simply cannot get past the collector ship level. I have the viper sniper rifle and heavy warp ammo as my unique parts of my character. If possible I'd like to win without using the shielding abilities (Grunts, Legions or Jacobs). I basically spam drones for distractions and then I'm too hurt.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Probably the most frustrating part of the game. So HANG IN THERE. I know it seems like an impossible task. Even with some of the more powerful classes I had some serious issues with the Collector Ship.  

This is a really insightful guide/walkthrough for an Engineer. I wish you luck, friend.  

Pumpeho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pumpeho

Ive completed it as an engineer. 
    What part of the Collectorship is the problem? Who is your crew?
    Why the Viper and Warp Ammo as an engineer? If you wanna use a sniper rifle go for the first one (Mantis?)
    If you tip the balance in your favor choose Dominate as special skill.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I went through this as an engineer on hardcore and it was incredibly frustrating.  Can't even imagine it on Insanity.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Dany

Squad Fire Ammo from Grunt would be great in that situation@Pumpeho said:

" Ive completed it as an engineer.  What part of the Collectorship is the problem? Who is your crew?Why the Viper and Warp Ammo as an engineer? If you wanna use a sniper rifle go for the first one (Mantis?) If you tip the balance in your favor choose Dominate as special skill. "
    I am going to assume when you are on the platform that levitates as two scions and platforms of collectors come and attack. That was the worst part for me, and I did it in Insanity as an Adept.
    Pumpeho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Pumpeho
    @Dany: 
    If that is when OP got trouble he could spam combat drones on the Scions to prevent them from attacking.
    Another thing you can do is to only focus on Harbinger if he's close. His attacks are easy to avoid at range and the bulk of incoming damage comes from the drones/assassins.

Personally I ignore the Scions and stay in cover when I hear their attack sound.  Kill the drones/assassins using the SMG. Maybe its me, but I find the Viper rifle to be a subpar rifle. Takes at least 3 shots to get through the barriers.
    Usually I pick Miranda and Grunt to join me on this one due to Mirandas Warp and Squad bonus and Grunt being badass by default.
    Avatar image for starfishhunter9
    Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Starfishhunter9

Thanks Guys. I managed after awhile. I think I was just a bit rusty for not playing awhile. I basically use drones to distract and fired bursts of my sniper.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.