Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Is it possible to import saves from other ME profiles?

sjosz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By sjosz
    @mrcool11 said:
    " Does anyone know whether or not a Mass Effect 1 save on one profile can be used with another profile in Mass Effect 2 if they're on the same hard-drive? Failing that, will the dlc I downloaded (before I'd even started playing, because I'm really smart) apply from an online profile to an offline one on the same hard-drive? "
    I'm afraid that I don't entirely understand your question. What, specifically, do you mean with different profiles? You mean different accounts with EA, or different Shepards? Any Shepard profile you completed ME1 with will have an importable save into ME2.
    lebkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By lebkin
    @mrcool11: Any DLC you download on a console will be available to all profiles on that console. This is true even if the console itself is offline. Your content license is tied to your gamertag and the console. You need to have one of the two to use the content, but not both.  So your offline profile will be able to use the Mass Effect 2 DLC bought with your online one. 

As far as I know, it is not possible to transfer a save game between profiles by any legitimate means. They are explicitly tied to your gamertag by the Xbox. You said you could transfer saves between profiles in Mass Effect, but I do not remember any such feature available. It would be weird if it was, since that is in opposition to the entire concept of how saves are managed on the 360.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.