Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Just bought ME 2 on 360 for 10 bucks right before PS3 info hit...

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Should I feel jipped? Sure, im getting the game for like a fraction of what itll cost on PS3 when it hits, but now that we know itll look better on PS3, be on one disc, have alot of stuff on it free, have that cool comic thing, and otehr tweaks, im thinking I made a mistake. I mean, I really dont plan on going back to the first game anytime soon, so the connectiveness i dont think is a big deal to me. And honestly, better graphics and one disc sound very appealing to me. I dont know, did I make a good choice? I really dont think owning two versions of the same game is a very smart idea. And I already ordered it on Amazon for XMAS.  

I should mention that I actualy have played this game before and I do own the first game, but really have no plans on going back to the first game because I find it kinda janky now after palying the second game. I wanted this game for my collection and for future playthroughs, but since I have no plans of going back to the first game, I was considering getting the PS3 versions because now we know its technicaly better    
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Jadeskye

for 10 bucks do you really care? It's a fantastic game regardless of the console and if it comes out on the PS3 and you want it, you wasted 10 bucks. Big whoop.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By FreakAche

Have you played ME1 on the 360?

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MikkaQ

It's 10 bucks, and the best game that came out this year, who cares?

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By sickVisionz

You got a great game for $10.  That's a great deal regardless of any other circumstances.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

All of the DLC is pretty awesome, so I would try and sell Mass Effect 2 (do eBay or Amazon trade-in or something)  and get the PS3 version when it is released.

hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hexx462

The rest of us played this on 360 and last I check we all had a damn good time. I don't think a slight graphical upgrade will make much of a difference at all. That's a lot of game for $10, stop mulling about it and just enjoy the game.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dallas_Raines

The only truly worthwhile DLC is Shadow Broker, so it doesn't really matter.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Well if you buy all the good DLC I still think your saving money so I think your fine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are better graphics and the convenience of having it on one disc worth $50 to you? Especially considering that the graphical upgrade isn't going to be a night and day difference. The DLC would be a good reason to pick up the PS3 version over the 360, but as stated above, most of it isn't that good any way. Buying the good DLC will probably only put you at less than $30 overall, and even if you never buy any DLC, Mass Effect 2 is amazing at the $10 price point. 

Don't feel jipped. Mass Effect 2 is going to be on many Game of the Year lists, and will probably win its fair share of awards. Just because it's a little bit better on the PS3 doesn't make it in any way, shape, or form a bad game, especially at 1/6th of the cost.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Hunkulese

You should of bought it for PC. Looks even better and not even one disc.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Jack268

In all seriousness, the Xbox version is the original version, and you therefore shouldn't feel cheated out of content when it's what the game was originally intended to be. Especially when you got it for such a low price.
    HubrisRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HubrisRanger

Unless you're really into graphical touches and shader improvements and/or hate-disc swapping, you're still coming in at a pretty decent rate. It will probably still cost you less than the 60 dollar price tag. (I haven't done the math/don't remember how much they actually cost, but I think the combined cost of Stolen Memories, Overlord and Shadow Broker are still sub 50 dollars. If not, I've spent a lot of money on Mass Effect 2.) And you're playing it on the console that still has the ability to play the first game, if you haven't and are interested.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#14  Edited By wefwefasdf

For that cheap? Nope.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where have you been that you only found out today?
    Return it, they got return policies for a reason.

Hyuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Hyuzen

10 bucks + 30(?) bucks for the 3 dlc packs with story missions is still less than the ps3 version of the game 
    and its not like the graphics on the 360 version are bad, you didn't waste your money at all

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheGreatGuero

You just bought Mass Effect 2 for $10 and you're finding a reason to complain? God, you're as bad as me!

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mordukai
    @TheGreatGuero said:
    " You just bought Mass Effect 2 for $10 and you're finding a reason to complain? God, you're as bad as me! "
    No Guero, you're one of the kind.  

@Raven_Sword:  
    Dude for 10 bucks?? Hell's yes. Even with buying all the DLC through XBL it will be cheaper then the PS3 version. 
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @Mordukai said:
    " @TheGreatGuero said:
    " You just bought Mass Effect 2 for $10 and you're finding a reason to complain? God, you're as bad as me! "
    No Guero, you're one of the kind. 
    Ha. That may be so...
    uberexplodey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By uberexplodey

If you don't want it/thought you made a mistake, then sell it off.  Simple as that.
    But for the record...ME2 for 10 bones is a steal, and it's a FANTASTIC looking game regardless of what you play it on.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ravensword
    @TaliciaDragonsong:

Ive known about it coming to PS3 since everyone else knew about it, at Gamescom or whatever. But I wasnt sure if the port would come out good on PS3, so when I saw it for 10 bucks on Amazon for 360 I pulled the trigger. Then LITERALY the next day IGN comes out and shows that video and says that it actualy looks better on PS3 now.  

I should mention that I actualy have played this game before and I do own the first game, but really have no plans on going back to the first game because I find it kinda janky now after playing the second game. I wanted this game for my collection and for future playthroughs, but since I have no plans of going back to the first game, I was considering getting the PS3 versions because now we know its technicaly better.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Dude...ten bucks. C'mon.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mazik765

The game still looks fantastic on the 360. And or $10, they store you bought it from should feel jipped, not you. (+ you get real achievements now :P)

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xyzygy
    @Raven_Sword: Play ME1 first then import, then you can import again into ME3. That way you can have a lot more background on the storyline instead of an interactive comic, and the story of ME1 is way better and the more fleshed out RPG elements make it the better game IMO. Refining the shooting and removing most RPG elements did not go over well with me. I doubt the graphics will be that much better on the PS3 anyway - this is that studio's first time developing for the PS3. Dragon Age was a different Bioware studio and even that was outsourced for the 360 and PS3 versions. 

Also, even with all the DLC (not counting the useless weapons and armor packs they released) you'll be saving 23 bucks because you got it for 10 bucks. That's an awesome deal!
    Deeveeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Deeveeus

10 dollars??? Loooooooord no! Play away! half the time DLC stinks anyway, and graphics are fine as is! I'm stoked for the PS3 version, as I get to play it...but you have a 360 and you got it for TEN dollars....and you're complaining.....oh well you can just SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!! 

Seriously though, you did good, play and be merry

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.