Krogans vs. Klingons: Who are more badass?

#1 Posted by mordukai (7153 posts) -
#2 Posted by Yummylee (21751 posts) -

I'm not all that into Star Trek so Krogans wins for me by default <3.

#3 Posted by fearthephins (148 posts) -

Same goes for me, I'm not a big Star Trek fan.....so Krogans for me as well :P

#4 Posted by mordukai (7153 posts) -

Both a warrior clan based culture. Both bred for war and battle. Both have weird head plate. I am seriously on the fence here but I have to go with Krogans. I really don't think the Kilngons will stay on their hoe planet if they ever bomb themselves to shits.  

Sorry Worf, but this guys wins.
#5 Posted by Jeust (10679 posts) -

I am KROGAAAAAAAAN!!!! 

#6 Posted by mordukai (7153 posts) -
@Abyssfull: @fearthephins: The Ironic thing is that Michael Dorn does the voice work for one of the Krogan characters in Mass Effect 2. If you don't know who Michael Dorn is then he is the guy who played Worf. 
#7 Posted by hexx462 (506 posts) -

Krogans have Wrex, advantage Krogans.  

@Mordukai said:

" @Abyssfull: @fearthephins: The Ironic thing is that Michael Dorn does the voice work for one of the Krogan characters in Mass Effect 2. If you don't know who Michael Dorn is then he is the guy who played Worf.  "

That's great I didn't know that, you have to love Bioware for things like that. There's no way that wasn't a completey intentional choice. Since Krogans  clearly pay homage to Klingons.
#8 Posted by Weltal (2274 posts) -

Klingons are more blowhards then anything. Krogans win.

#9 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

I never actually watched an episode of Star Track...so...yeah...

#10 Posted by Yummylee (21751 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
" @Abyssfull: @fearthephins: The Ironic thing is that Michael Dorn does the voice work for one of the Krogan characters in Mass Effect 2. If you don't know who Michael Dorn is then he is the guy who played Worf.  "
Ohh Yeah good point. The ugly, green plated Krogan who you can headbutt. Even when I'm going paragon, I can never pass down the chance to headbutt that creepy bug eyed (it's like his eyes are pitch black) mo'fucker ^________^
#11 Posted by Soap (3594 posts) -

A Krogan would rip a Klingon in half!

#12 Posted by FritzDude (2263 posts) -

Krogans, because of their deep voices.

#14 Posted by ShadowKnight508 (659 posts) -
Krogans hands down. Worf would get ripped to shreds if he ever got into a fight with a pissed-off Krogan

#15 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

You are all fools. 

#16 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
" Both a warrior clan based culture. Both bred for war and battle. Both have weird head plate. I am seriously on the fence here 
I'm definitely on the fence.  The whole reason I liked Wrex and the Krogans is because they're so much like Klingons. 

I may have to go with Klingons because they were probably the inspiration for the Krogans.  That and I'm SURE that Klingon chicks are hotter than Krogan chicks. 

Verses 

#17 Posted by Aetheldod (3593 posts) -

Krogans hands down , they have a set of 4. 0_0!!!! 

#18 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -

Klingons are cool but cmon. A Krogan would eat a Klingon for breakfast.

#19 Posted by Jedted (2373 posts) -

A tough choice but i have to go with the krogan.  They managed to nuke their entire planet and still survive! 

Also they got four, count em, FOUR testicles!  You can't get more bad ass than that! 
#20 Posted by CFB (121 posts) -

Krogans.

#21 Posted by Jedted (2373 posts) -
@Bwast:  I just saw that episode on TV the other day and it got me thinking about what the krogan mating rituals might be like. :) 
#22 Edited by NoCookiesForYou (761 posts) -

Dude, Krogans were getting so out of hand, that they had to create genophage to control their numbers. Without that they would be worshipping their Krogan overlords right now.

#23 Posted by PenguinDust (12532 posts) -
@melcene:  Ha-ha, love that male-female pic. 

Come on, the answer is Krogans.  Hell, the Klingons were apparently embarrassed by their brow ridges for a generation, but Krogans?  They're all ridges baby and they love it rough!
#24 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Krogans, without a doubt.

#25 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

Krogans are great but a little too close to the Klingons. Bioware even went and got Michael Dorn to voice one.    

#26 Posted by Cerogravian (344 posts) -

Krogans. Definitely. Even with their comparatively short exposure, I feel that the Krogan culture has been dealt with more personality, if that makes any sense. Klingons had a good start, albeit a rough one, but ever since, (i.e. the more they expand on them), things have been going downwards...

#27 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -
Krogans, but I've never been a big fan of star trek.  

@melcene:
 That's really hot, but I have a thing for dinosaurs. 
#28 Edited by DeShawn2ks (1055 posts) -

I don't find Klingons intimidating at all. You lock me in a room with Grunt or Wrex for a one on one fight and there is a pretty good chance I will be pissing my pants. Krogans win for sure.

#29 Posted by StarvingGamer (8283 posts) -

It didn't take a genophage to stop the Klingons from rampaging the galaxy.

#30 Posted by Sjosz (485 posts) -

Nitpick: Krogan in plural is Krogan.
Also: Krogan > Klingons.

#31 Edited by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Klingons are just huns in space with some shit on their forehead. On the other hand, many a famous actor has embarrassed themselves by dressing like a Klingon for the movies. I'd like to see you get Christopher Plummer voicing a damn turtle monster. Not gonna happen.

#32 Posted by MyNameIsJoe (184 posts) -

As much as I love Star Trek, the krogan seem like the clear winner.

#33 Posted by MikkaQ (10294 posts) -

Krogans have the quads that the Klingons just don't. 

Also I like them better because they're just more.. alien like and interesting. 

#34 Posted by mordukai (7153 posts) -
@hexx462 said:
" Krogans have Wrex, advantage Krogans.  

@Mordukai said:
That's great I didn't know that, you have to love Bioware for things like that. There's no way that wasn't a completey intentional choice. Since Krogans  clearly pay homage to Klingons. "
They also had Marina Sirtis do the voice work for Matriarch Benezia in the first Mass Effect.
#35 Posted by Morien (161 posts) -

Well the Klingon would have to get through a Krogan's shield first in order to damage him, so I'd say Krogan has the advantage.  Now, a Klingon with a flaming "Bat'leth" (had to look that up) might be another story..

#36 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Krogan's got quads. Nuff said.

#37 Posted by yogetoutdaway (126 posts) -

wtf is a klingon?

#38 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

I

AM

KROGAN

#39 Edited by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Krogans...  They are the ultimate.

Edit:  I WANT TO PLAY A MASS EFFECT GAME AS A KROGAN.

#40 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

#41 Posted by Drakhir (410 posts) -

Krogan, by far.

#42 Edited by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

Krogans, they arent ulgy ass people like kilingons or whatever....they're sick ass lizard people that fuck shit up

#43 Posted by OutOfBounds9000 (2300 posts) -

Krogans without a doubt.

#44 Posted by TomA (2531 posts) -

You people disgust me. It's Klingons.

#45 Posted by JeanLuc (3586 posts) -

In a fight a Korgan would probably win.

#46 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

I personally don't believe you can truly be 'badass' when you are simply based on something that already exists.

Sorry  Kojima

Klingon are one of the most popular races in media history with the created Klingon language being the most popular of all fictional languages...yes, more popular than Elvish. They have developed greatly over the 50-60 years they have existed, and have become hugely military-like in appearance and personality.

If you wanted to create a race for your Sci-Fi based game...where would you look for inspiration?

Hi there Michael. 

P.S: You are not a real badass without getting it on with the lady's, Worf did just that and with women of multiple races not just his own.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.