Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Mass Effect 2 PS3 Will Use Mass Effect 3's Engine

• 162 results
    Nomin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 9

#151  Edited By Nomin

Prepare to be sorely disappointed 

Just means that there are minuscule difference between ME2 and ME3. Or it will be akin to port job of Half-Life assets to Half-Life Source, which means Half-Assed. 

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#152  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @warxsnake:  I don't doubt its very tough. However other developers have proved that with effort you can create a game that is unmatched on any console. Comparing a multiplatform game to something like Uncharted is tough, but Uncharted is a looker. (Don't worry, I think Assassin's Creed is an amazing looking game as well, especially considering that it's an open world multiplatform game.)
    Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#153  Edited By Jedted

I just started a new playthrough of ME2 recently and i have noticed a bit of texture pop-in that i didn't see originally(Xbox version).  I wonder if in this new engine they've eliminated it completly.   
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#154  Edited By penguindust

I'm still more interested in getting the PC version.  I have the 360 one and don't need another console version.  Still, this is good news for PS3-only owners.  I have a PS3, too but I am still going to pass...unless this is like an "ultimate" edition and it contains all the DLC stuff, too.  Then I might be persuaded. 

Vehn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#155  Edited By Vehn

I can't Wait!

Jakyl25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Jakyl25

Cool

blackjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#157  Edited By blackjosh

I'm soooo fucking sold on this... I'ma own 3 copies of this game.... lol

TheMartino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#158  Edited By TheMartino

Very interesting !

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Revan_NL

Just played the demo. I don't know, it looks a bit better on PS3 but it tears a great deal.

Goto10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#160  Edited By Goto10

Good to hear, might have to pick this one up after all.

Dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Dragonps

I hope their not going to improve the graphics to the point where the game runs at a snails pace. ME2 had improved visuals over the first game but they had to sacrifice the frame rate. Will be interesting to see what they do with the PS3 version though

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#162  Edited By Dany
    @Dragonps said:
    " I hope their not going to improve the graphics to the point where the game runs at a snails pace. ME2 had improved visuals over the first game but they had to sacrifice the frame rate. Will be interesting to see what they do with the PS3 version though "
    Sacrifice the frame rate? Never once in ME2 did the frame rate jitter or become terrible unlike ME1 wich constantly dropped
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By mordukai
    @Dany said:
    " @Dragonps said:
    " I hope their not going to improve the graphics to the point where the game runs at a snails pace. ME2 had improved visuals over the first game but they had to sacrifice the frame rate. Will be interesting to see what they do with the PS3 version though "
    Sacrifice the frame rate? Never once in ME2 did the frame rate jitter or become terrible unlike ME1 wich constantly dropped "
    Yeah, I will agree with Dany on that one. I never once saw the frame rate drop in ME2 like it did with ME1. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.