Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

me1 on xbox me 2 on pc

AlineSanrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AlineSanrider

Hii fellas,

I playd mass 1 on the 360 and I'll play mass 2 on My notebook, i guess it is impossible to transfer the saves...so what are my best options?

thx
    WonderboyCoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By WonderboyCoz

I think your best option is too play ME2 on xbox, unless you don't care about your continuity and stuff, sorry dude

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Jadeskye

yeah saves are not compatible between systems. 

However, you're buying it on PC so you could probably find and download a save that will resemble the choices you made in your xbox game and get 99% of the same experience you would. 

I think Gamefaqs offers this but i could be wrong, it's been MANY years since i downloaded a save game.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

If you want to transfer a save over, your only real option is to buy ME1 for PC, and rush through the main story to make your choices, or play ME 2 on 360. 

But at the start of ME2 you get to choose your options anyway, so if you care about continuity in your ME universe, you could always just make a new ME2 character who made the same choices as your ME1 character. You get the option to change most of the appearance & class stuff anyway. The only stuff that completely carries over is the major plot-changing decisions, and you can just select them to be the same ones you chose when you played ME1 .

AlineSanrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AlineSanrider

I think i'll go with the save game download... the game will be better on a gtx 260m, am i right?
    AlineSanrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AlineSanrider
    @MattyFTM said:
    "If you want to transfer a save over, your only real option is to buy ME1 for PC, and rush through the main story to make your choices, or play ME 2 on 360.   But at the start of ME2 you get to choose your options anyway, so if you care about continuity in your ME universe, you could always just make a new ME2 character who made the same choices as your ME1 character. You get the option to change most of the appearance & class stuff anyway. The only stuff that completely carries over is the major plot-changing decisions, and you can just select them to be the same ones you chose when you played ME1 . "

so what's the point of the transfer anyway?
    WonderboyCoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By WonderboyCoz
    @AlineSanrider:  well, besides the choices that get carried over, which is way more than you would think, there are alot more than major plot-changing choices brought over, you get bonuses and various other stuff depending on level, class, morality from your original character.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    @AlineSanrider: Well it does transfer your appearence over, but you get the option to change it. Apart from that, I guess it's just a more streamlined way of transferring your choices over. Rather than having to answer a bunch of questions about your plot choices, you just press a button and it's all there. There are also a few minor bonuses based on your level, but nothing game changing.
    AlineSanrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AlineSanrider

I preorderd the game fo pc...so i guess i'll go with matty advice, but WonderboyCoz what do you mean "way more than you would think"?         

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    @AlineSanrider: The choices that carry over are listed in this forum thread if you're curious.
    AlineSanrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AlineSanrider

f*** me I dunno what to do! 
    by the way thanks a bunch fellas...the help is well appreciated  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.