Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

More DLC?

Avatar image for sharpshotapollo
    SharpShotApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By SharpShotApollo

Does anyone remember a new story going around earlier this year about a DLC episode, similar to what we've been getting (ie. Shadow Broker, Project Overlord), that was supposed to bridge the gap between Mass Effect 2 and 3? I believe it was making the round to the gaming sites around April or May. Has there been any news about this? If it was the Shadow Broker DLC, it didn't really bridge the story at all. Only the fact that...

I'm still looking forward to it. I assume if it IS still coming out, they'll make an announcement around the release of the PS3 version of ME2. I could also see them waiting a few months so it gives peeps a chance to play through the PS3 version as well.

What's the word? I swear to god if it's the bird... *Shakes fist*
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Enigma777

Pretty sure Bioware said there will be no more ME2 DLC... 

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I'm kinda hoping they make good on their 'ME2 to ME3 bridging DLC', but who knows with them nowadays...

I blame EA.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vitor
    @Lydian_Sel said:
    " I do remember hearing people talking about that, Shadow Broker felt much more like it was tying the knot on Mass Effect 2. Maybe they've scrapped the idea of DLC that will bridge the gap in favour of releasing more comics or crappy iphones games to do the same job? "
    But, then again, Dead Rising Case Zero did a pretty stellar job promoting the main game for Capcom. Unless EA poisoned the well for everyone with their awful Dead Space Ignition, I could easily see them having another go
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vitor
    @Lydian_Sel: Whatever it is, it can't be self contained - i.e. the story arc will likely not be wrapped up at all so as to encourage people to seek out the real conclusion in the final game.  

You're right though, not playing as Shephard, but rather one of the supporting characters, would work rather well, especially in a prequel. Plus, Mass Effect isn't known for its flashback sequences (yet to have a playable one) so it would be clear that Bioware crafted this episode specifically for the Downladable space, and likely alleviate those worries of 'they just cut a section out of the game to sell to us as a paid demo' that plagued Case Zero. 
    Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Fruitcocoa

Alot more downloadable content is to come for Mass Effect 2. Don't forget that BioWare said that they will tie Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 through downloadable content. It's two years worth of downloadable content [in Mass Effect 2 time].

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By haggis
    @Enigma777 said:
    " Pretty sure Bioware said there will be no more ME2 DLC...  "
    I've been hearing exactly the opposite. :/
    Avatar image for deactivated-5de441812a230
    deactivated-5de441812a230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They definitely said there would be more DLC bridging the two games, however they said that about a week before Overlord came out. Read it here. 

I really hope they do put out some more DLC, and remember that the original mass effect had some seriously late DLC. The Pinnacle station dlc was released over  a year after the game came out.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By rjayb89

I'd like to visit the Hanar/Drell homeland.  Maybe see how Thane fares before his inevitable end unless Mass Effect 3 covers ground immediately after saving/destroying the Reaper base, which would be somewhat sexual.  Also, assassins for days!

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xyzygy

I was of the belief that Bioware said that there would be more DLC like the Shadow Broker. And in order for them to say that, Shadow Broker must have been released and since that was the last one released then I'd say there are more on the way.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By OldGuy

Perhaps... just MAYBE... there will be more DLC once the PS3 ME2 comes out?

...if there isn't, I'll eat my hat...

SharpShotApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SharpShotApollo

I have to believe they'll be good on their word about a bridging DLC. I mean, there is so much time between now and the third release, I just think it would be in their best interest to keep Mass Effect 2 fresh in our minds when ME3 drops next year. Having a PS3 version drop is great and all, but it isn't any new story or anything. I'm hoping some news will pop up after the PS3 ME2 release. Since it will give both major consoles to have had a fair shake at the game, not to mention PC players waiting for something as well. 

I'd like to visit the Hanar/Drell homeland.  Maybe see how Thane fares before his inevitable end unless Mass Effect 3 covers ground immediately after saving/destroying the Reaper base, which would be somewhat sexual.  Also, assassins for days! 

I'd love to see something on one of the major home worlds. I have a pretty good feeling we won't step foot on Earth until ME3. That's something Bioware is saving specially for the third release. It'd be great to go to the Turian home world or as mentioned the Drell planet. One idea I had a few weeks back would be a DLC that would be a special request from the lover you chose during the story OR the lover you chose from ME1.   

"The Lovers" pack would be a special request for a mission by the person you've chosen as your lover, now that you've grown so close, they feel they can ask you for your help on this otherwise personal matter. Sort of like a second loyalty mission, only longer and more personal with that individual. The other idea I had would be for you're former lover, if still alive, would contact you for a special request leading to a mission they can only trust you with.

I dunno, I think it would be kinda cool to do something like that. :P

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Edwardryu
    @Enigma777:  are you sure about this? because actually Bioware never said that officially. they said that more DLC will be coming after lair of shadow broker. then stay tune. if you don't have proof, don't just say that because you can't be responsible what you just said. 
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Enigma777
    @Edwardryu said:
    " @Enigma777:  are you sure about this? because actually Bioware never said that officially. they said that more DLC will be coming after lair of shadow broker. then stay tune. if you don't have proof, don't just say that because you can't be responsible what you just said.  "
    Hey, that's what I heard... I would love more ME2 DLC
    HubrisRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HubrisRanger
    Christina Norman remains cagey.

Basically, they are talking about plans. I think right now the best answer you're going to get is "maybe", but the majority of the team is probably tooling away on ME3, though now that PS3 port is done, that team might whip up that additional bridging material.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Jeust
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    " I'm kinda hoping they make good on their 'ME2 to ME3 bridging DLC', but who knows with them nowadays...  I blame EA. "
    That's what I think. I don't believe with the tight schedule between ME2 PS3's launch and ME3 launch later in the year, it is credible to think about more DLC than that. 
    jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Personally I'm curious how they're going to deal with the fact that not everyone who imports their ME2 save will have played Shadow Broker. Are they going to put the mission into Mass Effect 3, or maybe have Liara just show up and be like, "Oh hey, I'm the Shadow Broker now just so you know."

SharpShotApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SharpShotApollo
    @wasteguru said:
    " Personally I'm curious how they're going to deal with the fact that not everyone who imports their ME2 save will have played Shadow Broker. Are they going to put the mission into Mass Effect 3, or maybe have Liara just show up and be like, "Oh hey, I'm the Shadow Broker now just so you know." "
    Hmm, I never thought about that. I hope by now they know they have to think of something to assume people didn't play it or not. Even if it's just in the scrolling text at the beginning to explain things a bit. I'm sure they have a contingency plan.
    haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By haggis
    @HubrisRanger said:
    " Christina Norman remains cagey.  Basically, they are talking about plans. I think right now the best answer you're going to get is "maybe", but the majority of the team is probably tooling away on ME3, though now that PS3 port is done, that team might whip up that additional bridging material.  "
    It would make sense for them to wait to release new ME2 DLC until after the PS3 version is out. People have been saying that since the date firmed up for the PS3 release, and it makes sense from a sales perspective. And since ME3 isn't out until late in 2011, there's plenty of time for one or two more Shadow Broker-like DLC releases if they choose to do so. With all those potential PS3 sales in addition to the 360, more DLC seems likely.
    Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By Edwardryu

they already have started ME3 right after ME 2 finish. that's why ME1, ME2, ME 3 all have two years developing time. they have plenty of people, and time to make ME 3, and DLC for ME 2. when developers have deadline, if it is big one, they don't have weekend. all work. so they put so much time to finish the game. I think that only one team is not relied on DLC or ME 3. separated team. more efficient to work with more people. unfortunately, their perfection on the game is not to match in reality. gamers always complain about something. there is no perfection. I think that Bioware is only one of few companies which is closed to perfection in reality. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.