Need help with crucial decision

#1 Posted by luchadeer797 (294 posts) -

My games paused and I've defeated the human reaper. I'm faced with the decision of destroying the base or saving it and I have no clue what to do. I've been playing a middle ground character throughout the game, both good and evil. Both choices seem like theyre good. Any suggestions as to what to do?

#2 Posted by Hairy_Fish (366 posts) -

It's up to you. What would Shepard do?

#3 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Mass Effect 2 is a ,,rpg game'' for a reason,do what you want to do dude.

#4 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@twstdsniper: Fucking kill that shit man.  You're commander Shepherd and a real hard-ass.  Nobody gets to tell you how to fuck up the alien scum.  Seriously.  And that's what I did with my primary character.
#5 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3625 posts) -

Blue=Good.

#6 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

No offense man, but don't play RPGs if you want others to make all the choices for you.

#7 Posted by luchadeer797 (294 posts) -
@CL60 yea.. good point, I ended up saving it though
#8 Edited by DougQuaid (1274 posts) -

Save it.  

The Illusive Man is sure to bro-out with you if you do.

#9 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

I'll just let the Illusive Man answer that.

Haha no seriously, it's all up to you. I blew it up.
#10 Posted by OmegaChosen (646 posts) -

Flip a coin?

#11 Posted by Marcsman (3223 posts) -

You are unworthy of command.
#12 Posted by ajamafalous (12029 posts) -

I blew that shit up, because fuck Martin Sheen.

#13 Posted by Gaff (1815 posts) -
@ajamafalous
Come on. Shepard could be the son he never had.

Wait a minute:

Shepard shoots fireballs from his fists;
Lays down ordinance like nobody's business;

Oh, man.
#14 Posted by ajamafalous (12029 posts) -
@Gaff said:
" @ajamafalous
Come on. Shepard could be the son he never had. Wait a minute: Shepard shoots fireballs from his fists; Lays down ordinance like nobody's business; Oh, man. "
Come to think of it, Kelly was pretty good at that dance, and she always wanted to go to Shepard's room to "feed his fish"...
#15 Posted by incredibledork (1 posts) -

It made me think twice about pissing off the Illusive Man and making him an enemy.

#16 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay said:

"   

I'll just let the Illusive Man answer that.  Haha no seriously, it's all up to you. I blew it up. "
Oh my god, haha xD
That is the most awesome thing I've seen this week.
#17 Posted by velucyraptor (358 posts) -
@Marcsman said:
" You are unworthy of command. "
I laughed
#18 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong said:

" @PhatSeeJay said:

"   

I'll just let the Illusive Man answer that.  Haha no seriously, it's all up to you. I blew it up. "
Oh my god, haha xD That is the most awesome thing I've seen this week. "
What did I just see.
#19 Posted by OutOfBounds9000 (2300 posts) -

Well, i saved the base, but if you want a good shepard (hehe that sounded funny) destroy the base, but i would think twice about not screwing The Illusive Man. Anyhow, if you want a renagade motherfucker badass with the fag red eyes which i hate, go and save the base.
#20 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

I kept the base.  To me, destroying it meant that

• we couldn't get any insight into the reapers from it
  • we couldn't salvage the tech to help fight the reapers
  • and most important, everyone they killed died for nothing and were sacrificed in vain.
#21 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

i destroyed it but i lost my save game, this time around im keeping it

#22 Posted by GravityProof (282 posts) -

After playing through 3 times, I decided to destroy it. The next game is going to be about bringing together an alliance of all the species to fight the reapers. It's going to be hard to get their support knowing that Shepard just put one of the most powerful weapons of all time in the hands of a human-supremacist.  

If the illusive man is really all about the betterment of humanity, then he's going to be involved in stopping reapers one way or the other. One reaper against an army of a thousand isn't going to turn the tide.  

That said, given how i've played them in the past, pretty sure i'll play through ME3 more than once. I did keep a save just before end of ME2, so I'll probably go back and see what it's like both ways.

#23 Posted by Daveyo520 (6858 posts) -

I got rid of it yo.

#24 Posted by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -

Got rid of it. The Illusive Man looks as good as the Reapers, just look at his fucking smirk if you leave the base intact.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.