Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

New DLC "Arrival"?

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By luce
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/103/index/6128586/1 

Basically the new patch for ME 2 PS3 added a few trophies for completing a mystery DLC that we don't have yet.  

Speculate! 

@PhatSeeJay said: 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In one of the screenshots posted, there's mentions of a Dr. Amanda Kenson. A doctor mentioned in the Cerberus Network. 

01/24/2186

Monday, January 24th, 2011
    Historians and astronomers alike are abuzz tonight over a new paper published by Dr. Amanda Kenson of the University of Arcturus. Her team claims that by testing the dust trapped in the gravity wells around a mass relay, and comparing its composition to that of dust clouds in the same system, scientists can create a timeline of when the relay passed through the dust. Her conclusion? “Only a small fraction of the mass effect relays date back 50,000 years,” she writes, “The majority are far older, indicating they were created by a species predating even the Protheans.” Dr. Aurana T’Meles of the University of Serrice met the information with skepticism: “While Dr. Kenson’s methods appear sound, the asari tried a similar procedure centuries ago and discounted it. What civilization could have spanned the galaxy for not thousands, but millions of years? If this were the case, we should have found mountains of evidence of their passing. Where is this species now?” 

Worth noting is that this entry was the last Official Cerberus entry before they took it offline. Deeper story investigations around the origins of the relays perhaps? Time for the Reapers to become a threat to take serious now? "
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Oh nice! Hope this is the DLC to bridge the two games we've been waiting for. The title alone being called ''Arrival'' could relate to the Reapers finally reaching the Milky Way as well.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By Chris2KLee

New DLC was announced to lead up to ME3. The Cerberus Network will be dropping hints prior to the new DLC's release. I imagine Arrival might hint at the forward agents of the Reapers arriving and causing some serious chaos. Looking forward to booting up ME2 again.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By luce
    @Abyssfull:  

Or Shepard arrives at earth? Anything could happen
    Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By Chris2KLee
    @luce said:
    " @Abyssfull:   Or Shepard arrives at earth? Anything could happen "
    Well, I think they want to save Shepard getting to Earth for ME3. Be cool if the last DLC packs ends with a distress call from Earth.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By mordukai

I just hope it's at least as good as the Shadow Broker DLC. Katsumi and Overlord are a big waste of time and money. 

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

It'd be cool if they could link the DLC to the beginning of ME3 somehow. One can only dream.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By xyzygy

So wait, was this all that the patch addressed?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Yummylee
    @xyzygy said:
    " So wait, was this all that the patch addressed? "

It's pretty common for some PS3 updates to literally only update the trophies, should there be new ones upcoming.

@Mordukai said:

" I just hope it's at least as good as the Shadow Broker DLC. Katsumi and Overlord are a big waste of time and money.  "

Overlord wasn't great, but c'mooooooon - Kasumi was pretty alright, and certainly not a waste, I don't think. The loyalty mission is pretty fun and unique, albeit painfully short, with a new super sweet SMG to gain, lots of fun easter eggs within Hock's vault and Kasumi herself is a pretty neat character to have with you. Plus whatever this ''information that could implicate the alliance'' is, it could potentially factor into a strong story arc within Mass Effect 3.
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In one of the screenshots posted, there's mentions of a Dr. Amanda Kenson. A doctor mentioned in the Cerberus Network.

01/24/2186

Monday, January 24th, 2011
    Historians and astronomers alike are abuzz tonight over a new paper published by Dr. Amanda Kenson of the University of Arcturus. Her team claims that by testing the dust trapped in the gravity wells around a mass relay, and comparing its composition to that of dust clouds in the same system, scientists can create a timeline of when the relay passed through the dust. Her conclusion? “Only a small fraction of the mass effect relays date back 50,000 years,” she writes, “The majority are far older, indicating they were created by a species predating even the Protheans.” Dr. Aurana T’Meles of the University of Serrice met the information with skepticism: “While Dr. Kenson’s methods appear sound, the asari tried a similar procedure centuries ago and discounted it. What civilization could have spanned the galaxy for not thousands, but millions of years? If this were the case, we should have found mountains of evidence of their passing. Where is this species now?”

Worth noting is that this entry was the last Official Cerberus entry before they took it offline.

Deeper story investigations around the origins of the relays perhaps? Time for the Reapers to become a threat to take serious now?
    luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By luce
    @xyzygy said:

" So wait, was this all that the patch addressed? "

Patch notes : 
    -Fixed a crash related to memory fragmentation. This fix will also resolve the crashing that corrupted Save Games.
    -Slightly improved load times and level streaming.
    -Added some telemetry to better improve future titles.
    -Updated some strings to fix spelling mistakes (Sorry Kaidan!)
    -Fixed the picture frame in Shepard’s Cabin to accurately reflect your love interest choices in Mass Effect: Genesis.
    -Fixed a rare crash in the PSN version in Shepard’s Cabin.     

The trophies were just a cherry on top
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By benjaebe

Those are some fairly interesting names for the trophies. The Last Stand and Ultimate Sacrifice? Wondering if they'll tie into choices you make in the DLC.
    Arrival could hint at the arrival of the Reapers out of dark space, what with those Cerberus News postings about that Doctor.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By JJWeatherman

Ooo, more ME2. That's never not good.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By alternate
    @Mordukai said:

" I just hope it's at least as good as the Shadow Broker DLC. Katsumi and Overlord are a big waste of time and money.  "

I liked all the DLC but then I bought them all on sale - not sure I would have paid full price.  Especially as I had no interest in replaying the game after one complete run like some ppl see to - so it was a welcome revisit to the game.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Yummylee
    @PhatSeeJay said:

"

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In one of the screenshots posted, there's mentions of a Dr. Amanda Kenson. A doctor mentioned in the Cerberus Network.  "
    Sounds pretty neat. ''Without attracting hostile attention''? Sounds like a stealth mission; maybe like the Kasumi Loyalty mission where you'll go undercover. The other two trophy names look like some pretty big hitters as well, with any kind of ''ultimate sacrifice'' being pretty substantial. Only having three bronze trophies is a little disheartening, though.
    wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By wrighteous86
    @Mordukai said:
    I don't know, while inconsequential, I think Overlord had a decent story and reminded you of how evil Cerberus could be, since they pretty much white-washed all the evil shit Cerberus did in the first game. 

If you got Kasumi at the beginning of the game, like I did, she was actually a really interesting companion, aside from the lack of dialog trees on the Normandy.  She was pretty involved on missions, at least.
    Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Bloodgraiv3
    @benjaebe said:
    "Those are some fairly interesting names for the trophies. The Last Stand and Ultimate Sacrifice? Wondering if they'll tie into choices you make in the DLC. Arrival could hint at the arrival of the Reapers out of dark space, what with those Cerberus News postings about that Doctor. "

The way I view it is him going to earth and someone dying, because I just can't see every team mate continue on to ME3. Something has to happen to them.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Yummylee

Also here's all three trophy descriptions, taken from the forums. 

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By benpack

I can't wait. Any excuse to get back into ME2/get more hyped for ME3 are alright by me.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By Undeadpool
    @luce: This looks like it could be a sneaking mission. Stealth is required.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mordukai
    @Abyssfull: My beef with the Katsumi DLC is that it offered absolutely nothing to people who already went through the save for having a new character on the second play through. If her DLC was a day one thing then I wouldn't have had as many problems as I have with it. The second thing that irritated me is that her story pretty much went nowhere. And once the story does pick up it is abruptly ended. 

@Wrighteous86 said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    I don't know, while inconsequential, I think Overlord had a decent story and reminded you of how evil Cerberus could be, since they pretty much white-washed all the evil shit Cerberus did in the first game.  If you got Kasumi at the beginning of the game, like I did, she was actually a really interesting companion, aside from the lack of dialog trees on the Normandy.  She was pretty involved on missions, at least. "
    I view them as a necessary evil. 
    Avatar image for delicious_brains
    Delicious_Brains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By Delicious_Brains

Phew, I thought I was getting a bit OCD checking those forums for any hints at new ME2 DLC, Bioware has kept it wrapped up for too long.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
    @Wrighteous86 said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    I don't know, while inconsequential, I think Overlord had a decent story and reminded you of how evil Cerberus could be, since they pretty much white-washed all the evil shit Cerberus did in the first game.  If you got Kasumi at the beginning of the game, like I did, she was actually a really interesting companion, aside from the lack of dialog trees on the Normandy.  She was pretty involved on missions, at least. "
    I agree with the Kasumi bit. Bringing her along got you tons of good dialogue. 

bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bibledoctor
    @Abyssfull said:
    " Oh nice! Hope this is the DLC to bridge the two games we've been waiting for. The title alone being called ''Arrival'' could relate to the Reapers finally reaching the Milky Way as well. "
    There will likely be one more to finish the bridge, but this is certainly one of them. 

Can't wait to hear more.
    Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way the council has been portrayed thus far suggests that they will only accept the existence of the Reapers once their numbers blot out the sun and they rain fire on top of their heads. Still excited for this DLC though. 

Lev_Arris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Lev_Arris

So far I don't see the patch listed for download on my PS3 yet.  Sony must be releasing it at different times around the globe.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By benjaebe
    @dudeglove said:
    " @PhatSeeJay:  Also - holy shit. Do Bioware come up with all the fake comments for the cerberus daily too? "
    Believe it or not it's actually just an elaborate role play by Mass Effect fans who comment in-character.

Really cool, actually. That site has been endlessly entertaining.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Afroman269

Looking forward to it, maybe they will introduce Kaiden/Ashley's personal mission like in Shadow Broker but it was Liara's.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kingzetta

ultimate sacrifice is how they are going to justify Shepard customization in ME3

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Great! I shall lose my S-Rank again, pay some money, and take it back again!

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#33  Edited By rjayb89

I foresee being offered sex from Samara so that when I kill Harbinger in this DLC, its evil-ness will transfer to Samara's baby. Boom, an explosion happens to the Normandy. Mass Effect 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-6204297b0c601
    deactivated-6204297b0c601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingzetta said:
    "  ultimate sacrifice is how they are going to justify Shepard customization in ME3 "
    Man, that is how they're going to do it, isn't it?  I was wondering about that.
    Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By Carlos1408

jizzes pants.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DeShawn2ks
    @Gooddoggy said:

" @kingzetta said:

"  ultimate sacrifice is how they are going to justify Shepard customization in ME3 "
    Man, that is how they're going to do it, isn't it?  I was wondering about that. "
    The first ME level cap was 60 I think and in the second one it was 30. I was really hoping I could start ME3 with my Shepard at 30. That would be cool I think. I really don't want to be Metroided again. If they do something like that again it would make ME2 opening less cool to me. They can have a big opening for ME3 I just don't want it to end with me dead again, or really injured in the med bay. I want a kick ass opening with a late title card and boom level 30 Shepard. Now get to level 60 and go save the galaxy.
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By kingzetta
    @DeShawn2ks said:
    " @Gooddoggy said:

" @kingzetta said:

Man, that is how they're going to do it, isn't it?  I was wondering about that. "
    The first ME level cap was 60 I think and in the second one it was 30. I was really hoping I could start ME3 with my Shepard at 30. That would be cool I think. I really don't want to be Metroided again. If they do something like that again it would make ME2 opening less cool to me. They can have a big opening for ME3 I just don't want it to end with me dead again, or really injured in the med bay. I want a kick ass opening with a late title card and boom level 30 Shepard. Now get to level 60 and go save the galaxy. "
    I'd rather have new or improved classes than to have the same exact ones but I get to keep all my skills. 
    I'd happily start all over at level one for brand new classes and powers.
    DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DeShawn2ks
    @kingzetta said:
    " @DeShawn2ks said:
    " @Gooddoggy said:

" @kingzetta said:

The first ME level cap was 60 I think and in the second one it was 30. I was really hoping I could start ME3 with my Shepard at 30. That would be cool I think. I really don't want to be Metroided again. If they do something like that again it would make ME2 opening less cool to me. They can have a big opening for ME3 I just don't want it to end with me dead again, or really injured in the med bay. I want a kick ass opening with a late title card and boom level 30 Shepard. Now get to level 60 and go save the galaxy. "
    I'd rather have new or improved classes than to have the same exact ones but I get to keep all my skills.  I'd happily start all over at level one for brand new classes and powers. "
    I can get behind improved classes and keeping my skills.
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kingzetta
    @DeShawn2ks said:
    " @kingzetta said:
    " @DeShawn2ks said:
    " @Gooddoggy said:

" @kingzetta said:

I'd rather have new or improved classes than to have the same exact ones but I get to keep all my skills.  I'd happily start all over at level one for brand new classes and powers. "
    I can get behind improved classes and keeping my skills. "
    I'm pretty sure it's one or the other
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#40  Edited By StarvingGamer

I just want my motion comic.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " Ooo, more ME2. That's never not good. "
    MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Reapers: Global Warming for the Universe.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Huzzah fellows, huzzah! 

I wonder if the VS will be involved, not that I much care, but I know the Mass Effect community in general will be ablaze if it doesn't.

Avatar image for deactivated-6204297b0c601
    deactivated-6204297b0c601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MarkWahlberg said:
    " Reapers: Global Warming for the Universe. "
    Oh, you mean Primate Change?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.