New Game+ Sucks.

#1 Edited by SmasheControllers (2552 posts) -

I feel that new game+ sucks dick in this game, I mean the only truly good thing is starting at what level you where. If I start an imported New Game I start at lvl 5, 350000 creds, 60000 for all rescoures and 190 paragon and renegade, but New Game+ I start at Lvl 30, 200000 creds, 50000 for all rescoures and no paragon and renegade. Who else hates NG+?

#2 Posted by Semition (731 posts) -

I didn't care too much for creds or resources. But the fact that I didn't get paragon/renegade points and didn't get to pick a new class bummed me out.

#3 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

It's a great game. 

However i have never completed the first and imported a character, so i would not know the difference.

#4 Posted by applet0n (654 posts) -

I was just happy to notice that even if you don't start a new game plus, and instead make a new character, you still get bonuses for having already beaten the game.

#5 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -

New Game+ is nice when you play on Insanity

#6 Posted by Roboyto (80 posts) -
@emkeighcameron said:
" New Game+ is nice when you play on Insanity "
errrr what? new game + is terrible for insanity....lowest enemies start with fully upgraded weapons and everything and just wreck you and your party in no time
#7 Edited by SmasheControllers (2552 posts) -
@emkeighcameron: Actually If you play New Game+ the enemies scale to your level so It's worst.
#8 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

For a game that prides itself on its flexibility, and for how much they encourage you to try out many different things in the game, it's pretty damn stupid that you can't change your class in a new game+.

#9 Posted by Andorski (5352 posts) -

New Game+ is for masochists who thought Insanity should have been renamed Easy.

#10 Posted by Grilledcheez (3956 posts) -

Yeah, you're right on...it's stupid.  Almost as stupid as having credits in the game...like what the hell is the point if there's only 3 things to buy.

#11 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I find it stupid that we are still restricted in cash and upgrades. It would be nice if the side stuf fyou got in the first game carried over at least but no.

#12 Edited by SmasheControllers (2552 posts) -
I remember watching a dev dairy that said "Each time one import a completed save u'd get more and more." If thats the case on the collectors ship let me take more then just the Claymore, on my seconded playthrough give me sniper training, then the widow and so on. Reward to player for devoting there time.

It's auto-bolding.
#13 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -
@Roboyto said:
" @emkeighcameron said:
" New Game+ is nice when you play on Insanity "
errrr what? new game + is terrible for insanity....lowest enemies start with fully upgraded weapons and everything and just wreck you and your party in no time "
I found it WAY more fun on Insanity. It was actually challenging, whereas Veteran (I couldn't stand Normal, I upped it one difficulty level for my first playthrough) was only mildly so.
#14 Edited by ez123 (1988 posts) -

It is pretty cool for Insanity.  You start off with no upgrades which makes it pretty insane at first.  The only bad thing is mining which is required for everything except Element Zero.  But you keep all of the skills, without that, THEN it would be fucken terrible.

#15 Posted by Blackmoore (254 posts) -

If I could pick the Widow and the Revenant later in the game, then I might consider playing it past Freedom's.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.