Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Novels that remind you of the Mass Effect universe?

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By RainVillain

Looking for some good novels that have a similar feel to them as Mass Effect. I've read the ME novels already... looking for something with a similar amount of lore and ancient history as ME offers. 

Also, I love ship life. So stories with emphasis on isolation on a space ship doing epic quest are interesting (have read the 2001 series)

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SlightConfuse

Old mans war reminded me of mass effect a lot. Quite a bit of ship life as well as kicking alien ass.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Venatio

Man can't we get some more suggestions in here? I've read the ME books too and I'm looking for what this guy is talking about

iamLEG10N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By iamLEG10N

Try the Starship series by Mike Resnick. Its just what you're looking for.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By tourgen

"The Forever War" - Haldenman, has some hard-scifi and deals with time dilation of travelling near speed of light, and very much the "war, war never changes" theme.  Haldenman is a purple heart vietnam vet and that comes thru in the story.
    "Ringworld" - Larry Niven, actually has a bunch of hard-scifi series and books and built one continuous universe setting with a bunch of books and shorts set in it
    I don't know, Starship Troopers? 
    Poul Anderson  
    On the more trashy/action-y side -
    Mayne Ian Douglas's "Star Carrier" stuff (haven't read it) 
    Anything David Drake - "Hammer's Slammers", "In the Stormy Red Sky"

Let me know if you find anything good.  Also up for some good scifi.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.