Petition for a Mass Effect 2 Spoilercast

#1 Posted by TheKidNixon (1564 posts) -

Because petitions always work, right?

Seriously, I can think of no other game that deserves the full spoilercast treatment than Mass Effect 2. Just the various conversations that could occur between the guys in regards to how they accomplished different missions, their classes, who survived the end of their game....it would be an epic and interesting look into how the game reflects the way that the player approached, as well as a forum to further discuss what is likely to be several people's favorite game of the year somewhere without bogging down a "Regularly Scheduled Bombcast." Over on Twitter, Jeff admitted they were considering it if they all had enough to say afterwards, but I find it hard that they couldn't find something to discuss, argue or laugh about. 

So I ask you, fellow Bombers, to stand up and let it be known that you want, nay, demand a spoilercast for Mass Effect 2. Just sign below and let your voice be heard.

#2 Posted by Surely_Youre_Joking (12 posts) -

More discussion of ME2 from the dudes would be awesome.

#3 Edited by AndrewB (7686 posts) -

Yes. Definitely. I'd also like to hear Brad's very spoilery thoughts on the whole of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.

I also want to hear their views on the inflection of different Krogans "Shepard"s.

#4 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I would certainly listen to it, though I don't know how interesting it would be. I guess I would like to know how their Suicide Mission runs turned out and their opnions on the story, what choices they made. I feel however that the story itself is not very abstracted and doesn't leave a lot of room for interpitaiton outside of speculating how the ending choice will effect ME3. On the other hand, the content littered about the main Collector story arch is something that could yield some interesting discussion. 

Like I said, I would listen to it. However I will not demand it.

#5 Edited by sfighter21 (798 posts) -

I don't care about ME2, but I'll do anything to get myself an extra serving of the bombcast!!

EDIT:  Forgot...*signed.

#6 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

*signed 
Hell, they did one for Modern Warfare 2, why the hell not for Mass Effect 2?  The only thing is that it might take a while for all the dudes to finish the game, especially if they're still passing around the review copy.

#7 Posted by Robiin (297 posts) -

YES THEY CAN

Seroiously, I would really like a ME2 spoilercast!

#8 Edited by SenatorSpacer (432 posts) -

*Signs*  

Not that I think this'll work, but if a game with a shitty story like Modern Warfare 2 can get a spoilercast, then this game deserves one.

#9 Posted by Haethos (310 posts) -

Signed. 

It's a better story than MW2 ffs.
#10 Posted by Delta_Ass (3282 posts) -

Signed.

ME2 is a game worth talking about.

#11 Posted by ATalkingDog (79 posts) -

Signed

#12 Posted by gewfienewfie (80 posts) -

Signed!

ME2 deserves the praise of a spoilercast.

#13 Posted by Novyx (479 posts) -

Might as well sign the one petition that might actually do something, since I'm already looking at this quick reply box. I am very interested to see how they did on the ending, and who may have played it Paragon/Renegade. Signed.

#14 Posted by BlackIrish05 (348 posts) -

Signed

#15 Posted by PerryVandell (2109 posts) -

*takes out a very elaborate feather pen*
Signed

#16 Posted by DoctorTran (1570 posts) -

Sign me up for that!

#17 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -

Sure...But man I really need to play through Mass Effect 2 before this happens. Actually, I can totally see them have a long discussion of ME 2 during 2010's game of the year podcast.

#18 Posted by HatKing (6065 posts) -

Yes.  I would love this.  Although if they don't do one I could see the majority of the next podcast going to Mass Effect 2 anyway.  Seriously though an extra ME2 Bombcast would be fantastic. :) 
*signs...*  
*misspells name...*  
*scribbles it out...*  
*signs again*
#19 Posted by pakx (922 posts) -

signed happily.

#20 Posted by Time_Lord (723 posts) -

me 2

#21 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
*offers Jack's tattoos as petition signing*
#22 Edited by Spacetrucking (946 posts) -

I want an hour of this :D
#23 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -

I'm usuallly not one for petitions, but I'd listen to this. 

Signed
#24 Posted by Dustpan (1694 posts) -

*Signed*

#25 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I'd love a ME2 spoilercast.

#26 Posted by HistoryInRust (6380 posts) -

Oh, man. Double signed. 

I'd love to listen to these guys chat about Mass Effect.

#27 Edited by Nictel (2430 posts) -
#28 Posted by DrLove (361 posts) -

SIGNED 

this would join the ranks for metal gear and MW2 

#29 Posted by ashbash (373 posts) -

SIGNED 10 TIMES (if that's allowed)

#30 Posted by papercut (3532 posts) -

yeah, sure, why not

#31 Posted by SonicBoyster (360 posts) -

Do it.  Put more stuff in the thing where the stuff goes.

#32 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -

Yes, signed.

#33 Posted by Navster (51 posts) -

Signed.

#34 Posted by immike (714 posts) -

Oh man I would sign this, put on a wig, and sign it again! Please please PLEEEAASE make a spoilercast for ME2. I wanna hear what these guys gotta say!

#35 Posted by Bullitus (113 posts) -

Hell yes! Signed.

#36 Posted by Dirty_Harry (717 posts) -

Totally party, totally signing.

#37 Posted by innacces14 (736 posts) -

Signed.

#38 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2495 posts) -

Hey sure, if it gets me another episode of the bombcast!

#39 Posted by gosukiller (2324 posts) -

Spoilercasts are the best!
Signed!

#40 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

Yes please

#41 Posted by OmnomnomPancake (27 posts) -

I'd enjoy a ME2 spoilercast. Seeing if they can talk about a game which has a plot (as opposed to that terrible MW2-Cast where it was just 'WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED')/

#42 Posted by JeanLuc (3605 posts) -

Signed. 

I love spoilercasts because you really get an Idea of what there talking about without being like "you know that part? I won't say what, but it was pretty cool." Because I have know Idea what people are talking about most of the time when they say things like this.

#43 Posted by ky326 (255 posts) -

I completely agree. 

Signed!

#44 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@TheKidNixon: Dude, shutup. They're probably going to do it eventually. And if they don't, who cares?
#45 Posted by SolidOcelot (343 posts) -
@Napalm: Go find a place where people actually care what U have to say
#46 Posted by Vitor (2829 posts) -

*Shephard*

I've got my PC copy but no new laptop to play it on until next week... Still, as much as the wait is killing me, I'd love for there to be a ME2-centric spoilercast waiting for me upon my completion of the game

#47 Posted by Dtat (1627 posts) -

Hell yeah let's have a spoilercast! signed
#48 Posted by CharlieTuna (328 posts) -

I do fell that one of the best game EVER sure as hell needs it's own bombcast. 

Signed!

#49 Posted by MildMolasses (3228 posts) -

While I would like more discussion, I imagine we'll get it anyway wihout a dedicated podcast 

But really, this game is lacking the over the top insanity that helped make the MW2 and MGS 4 casts work. 

Mind you, they did do one for Spore.
#50 Posted by SonicFire (821 posts) -

signed

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.