Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Question about Cerberus Network

GoingTopShelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By GoingTopShelf

So I just started a single player campaign in ME2 and I'm about 6 hours into it.  I traded for it on Goozex, so I didn't get a new Cerberus code.  I didn't realize when I started this play through that the Cerberus Network granted access to additional content in the single player experience.  I thought it was just a gateway to DLC.  Given that I wasn't sure I wanted to buy any DLC for the game at the time, I didn't get Cerberus right away as 1200 MS points is pretty steep just for the right to purchase more content.  But now I'm reading that new weapons and a special character opens up if you have Cerberus even in single player.  Can you purchase Cerberus after you start your campaign?  Does the game register that you have it after the fact?  Has anyone done this and am I missing much by not getting it (or making it more difficult for me to play through the game without the hidden content?) .  Thanks.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ShaneDev

Not sure about your question regarding when you buy and how it effects an in progress play through but do not buy the code. The Cerberus stuff is awful, all of it is worthless your better off buying some of the other DLC or waiting until the new DLC comes out.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    Here's what you'll unlock with Cerberus network activated. As far as I know you shouldn't have a problem getting access to it the second you purchase the network.
    The stuff you get isn't necessary in my opinion but the Firewalker mission is pretty fun and both Zaed and the Arc projector can have their uses in some situations.
    Ley_Lines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ley_Lines

the Cerberus code basically gives you dlc missions, a couple of new weapons, and a new teammate. As ShaneDev said they are terrible and not worth it. It does not make the game harder or easier(well the new gun might). However, if you decide to buy them you can play them anytime just like the dlc. Just buy shadow broker instead.

Scapegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Scapegoat

Though I agree with others that none of the free Cerberus DLC is amazing/must have, I would argue that it is still worth getting them if you really enjoy the core game. To me Mass Effect 2 was just incredible, and the extra content was very much worthwhile given the game is so good.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dallas_Raines
    @GoingTopShelf:  

Mass Effect 2 doesn't have mutliplayer, so I'm not sure why you keep bringing up the "single player experience" .
    LightRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By LightRain

I really wish EA would stop with this "game registration" bullshit.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By CenturionCajun

They arn't going to. Everyone has seen that it works so we're going to be seeing it more and more. They really want people to buy new product and stick it to Gamestop in a round about way.

As for the Cerberus Network I personally quite like Zaeed and some of those free weapons and armor have their uses. The Normandy Crash Site is also a touching moment.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.