Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Question about Leveling Up (spoilers)

ATalkingDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ATalkingDog

I just purchased Mass Effect 2 and am amidst my second playthrough. The only issue I have is that my character doesn't seem to be leveling up anymore. I have been noticing that I do have more dialogue options since my first playthrough but I don't have access to all of them such as during the Morinth mission, I was not able to persuade her to join me instead of Samara.  

I started my second playthrough as a level 30 soldier...is there anyway to level up more or continue to max out my level stats? How do I gain access to all dialogue options ? 

thanks in advance

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Teran

Level 30 is the maximum level in Mass Effect 2.  If you want access to all the dialog options for paragon/renegade then start doing all the things that get  you points in whichever you want.  Also, one of the final ranks of your passive class skill (like the Soldier that splits into commando or storm trooper) gives you a +100% bonus into paragon or renegade which is how most people will fill their bar up (the other choice usually has better stats but only 70% bonus to renegade/paragon).

The game also checks the total number of renegade or paragon choices you've made as a percentage and some choices require that a certain percentage of paragon/renegade options have been used to be available...

Lastly, because the game is non linear, the way the game seems to track these is a little confusing.  If you go and do Samara's loyalty quest as soon as you can you might only need 50% renegade to betray her, but if you do it just before the suicide mission you'll need 100%.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mikemcn

You can retrain in the tech lab, that lets you reassign everything if you want to change your spec.

ATalkingDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ATalkingDog
    @Teran: okay, ill try that. thanks for the info. the only other issue is that i seem to not be gaining any points for upgrade and this, ultimately, doesn't allow me to fill up all my upgrade meters. is this effect the result of playing through the game twice as the same character? or am i missing something fundamental? 

Edit: also, on further review, it seems as if I already have a full commando level, but it still doesn't allow me all the renegade options...? 
    Spacemonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Spacemonger

I don't think it's possible to "fill up all your upgrade meters", if i remember correctly.     That's how it is in most games anyway. 

Also, level/upgrades have got nothing to do with how much Renegade/Paragon you have.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Jadeskye

@Spacemonger said:

I don't think it's possible to "fill up all your upgrade meters", if i remember correctly. That's how it is in most games anyway. Also, level/upgrades have got nothing to do with how much Renegade/Paragon you have.

This, theres only a finite amount of points to upgrade your abilities so you can't max everything.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Dany

Their is not actuall hard number on how much paragon you have compared to renegade, just that bar, and yeah you can't max out every power at 30.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By LiquidPrince

I did every mission in the game, and early on I was max Paragon, meaning I was gaining Paragon points for no reason. Had I chose to start being Renegade, I would have been able to fill up at least 75% of my Renegade meter as well.

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Teran
    @ATalkingDog said:
    @Teran: okay, ill try that. thanks for the info. the only other issue is that i seem to not be gaining any points for upgrade and this, ultimately, doesn't allow me to fill up all my upgrade meters. is this effect the result of playing through the game twice as the same character? or am i missing something fundamental?  Edit: also, on further review, it seems as if I already have a full commando level, but it still doesn't allow me all the renegade options...? 

I may not have been clear enough in my original post.  Having full commando doesn't unlock any paragon or renegade options by itself, it simply magnifies (possibly doubles) the points you already have... so if you got 5 renegade points for throwing someone off a sky scraper you're actually getting 10 if you have the 100% bonus from commando.  It allows you to fill up your meter more quickly.

@LiquidPrince said:

I did every mission in the game, and early on I was max Paragon, meaning I was gaining Paragon points for no reason. Had I chose to start being Renegade, I would have been able to fill up at least 75% of my Renegade meter as well.

That's a pretty standard number if you choose to metagame ... you can actually do a little better than that, but not by much.  Of course your Shepard will be a bipolar psychopath fluctuating between two extremes the whole game haha.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.