Question about new playthroughs, saves and Insane achievement.

#1 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

What do you have to do to get the Insane achievement? You just have to pass the last mission right? So as long as Shepard survives it's cool?

Also, does anyone know if I can have multiple saves for new playthroughs? I want to keep my current playthrough for ME3 but would like to do a Renegade Insane one for the achievement. Can I do so without overwriting the current one?
#2 Edited by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

I answered this in the other thread but you're right. You just have to complete the game on Insanity, you can't switch the difficulty at any time though if you were thinking of changing it during the finale.

The amount of survivors has no bearing on the achievement, as long as you pass the final boss and escape you will be fine. That said it isn't difficult to keep everyone alive.
#3 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -
@WatanabeKazuma said:
" I answered this in the other thread but you're right. You just have to complete the game on Insanity, you can't switch the difficulty at any time though if you were thinking of changing it right at the final act.

The amount of survivors has no bearing on the achievement, as long as you pass the final boss and escape you will be fine.
"
Yeah, I posted this again because of the new playthrough question. You know about that?
#4 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5308 posts) -

Isn't there an option for creating a new save so you can have multiple saves with one Shepard?

#5 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -
@G3RHRT said:
" @WatanabeKazuma said:
" I answered this in the other thread but you're right. You just have to complete the game on Insanity, you can't switch the difficulty at any time though if you were thinking of changing it right at the final act.

The amount of survivors has no bearing on the achievement, as long as you pass the final boss and escape you will be fine.
"
Yeah, I posted this again because of the new playthrough question. You know about that? "
Everything is separate as long as you don't overwrite any of your previous saves.

My insanity playthrough was on a new slot so I know it works.
#6 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -
@WatanabeKazuma said:
" @G3RHRT said:
" @WatanabeKazuma said:

"
Yeah, I posted this again because of the new playthrough question. You know about that? "
Everything is separate as long as you don't overwrite any of your previous saves.

My insanity playthrough was on a new slot so I know it works.
"
Yeah? Fuck, then I'm doing something terribly wrong.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.