Question about Samara's loyalty mission - - SPOILERS

#1 Posted by SilverBulletKY (165 posts) -

What happens if you choose to kill her instead of her daughter in the confrontation.  I almost loaded up an old save just to see what would happen but I haven't done that yet. 

#2 Posted by mracoon (4954 posts) -

Her daughter joins you instead.

#3 Posted by SilverBulletKY (165 posts) -
@mracoon said:
" Her daughter joins you instead. "
Crazy.  How does the crew react to having a murdered on board?
#4 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -
@SilverBulletKY said:
" @mracoon said:
Crazy.  How does the crew react to having a murdered on board? "
She will masquerade as Samara. And if you romance her, you die lol.
#5 Posted by Jwkokosmakroon (158 posts) -
@SilverBulletKY said:
" @mracoon said:

Well there's the psychopathic biotic killer in the hold on the lower decks, you've got your drell assassin in the lifesupportbay.... Seems like she'd fit right in! ^^ 
You should definitely try to have sex with her btw! ^^
#6 Posted by Yummylee (21270 posts) -
@Demyx said:
" @SilverBulletKY said:
" @mracoon said:
She will masquerade as Samara. And if you romance her, you die lol. "
Seriously? I figured you were all just screwing with him but reading up on Samara's wiki page....well gosh O.O lol I had no idea that was possible.
#7 Posted by SilverBulletKY (165 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" @Demyx said:
" @SilverBulletKY said:
" @mracoon said:
She will masquerade as Samara. And if you romance her, you die lol. "
Seriously? I figured you were all just screwing with him but reading up on Samara's wiki page....well gosh O.O lol I had no idea that was possible. "
So what happens when you die?.. do you Game Over or is it the end of the game and you're dead?  So what happens with your save in ME3?
#8 Posted by litrock (173 posts) -
@SilverBulletKY:   It's considered a Shepard Death end to the game, IIRC. If you loaded the Shepard into ME3, it'd be the same as if you died during the suicide mission. Whatever that entails, I don't know. Making a new person? Bioware hasn't said.
#9 Posted by hicks91 (757 posts) -

no you only bone her after the suicide mission and it just results in critical mission failure 
i did a playthrough with her, there are only like one or two times there are any difference in dialogue, and the powers are the same bar the loyalty power

#10 Posted by SilverBulletKY (165 posts) -
@hicks91 said:
" no you only bone her after the suicide mission and it just results in critical mission failure i did a playthrough with her, there are only like one or two times there are any difference in dialogue, and the powers are the same bar the loyalty power "
So what does it say in the game about this story wise?  He knows that he's going to die if he has sex with her but yet he does it anyway.
#11 Posted by Glak (613 posts) -

If you die it's like you died in combat, you just reload your save
Two of your crew members will notice a slight change in the asari

#12 Posted by hicks91 (757 posts) -

she says she believes hes strong enough to merge minds or whatever 
he isnt, he dies

#13 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

I never got the romance option.  It sucks that he dies though.  It should be a renegade/paragon or check or just the option for head and normal sex, but Shepard is such an OG that she's satisfied as if she did the brain sex thing.

#14 Posted by BulletStorm (487 posts) -
@SilverBulletKY: Nobody has a clue, she looks and sounds absolutely the same on the battlefield; but in the cabin she sounds like Morinth and looks like Morinth.  

She keeps a low profile, shutting down EVI in her room and the like... y'know, besides that part where on the battlefield she'll say  "Fear the power of the Ardat-Yakshi!" 
#15 Posted by Mandaray (158 posts) -

Ooh, I didn't realize there was a Morinth romance option, outside of the original loyalty quest itself. I kept going down to the observation deck to bug her like, every five minutes, but she'd only just talk to me and give me the run around about how she's "dealt with being lonely all her life" or whatever. No romance options. Eventually I gave up. Being a masochist with a weakness for attractive asari, what pretty button do I push to make the magical death sex option available?

#16 Posted by Vaile (355 posts) -

Yeah, it's as simple as getting a Game Over screen. 
The only discernible difference other than the romance option is that instead of Reave as a final ability, Morinth has Dominate, which is essentially AI Hacking for organics.

#17 Posted by Mandaray (158 posts) -
@Vaile said:
" Yeah, it's as simple as getting a Game Over screen. 
The only discernible difference other than the romance option is that instead of Reave as a final ability, Morinth has Dominate, which is essentially AI Hacking for organics. "
I never really managed to use Dominate effectively. My Shep had Reave, though, which I spammed happily. Actually, I didn't hardly use Morinth at all, come to think of it...I tended to focus on characters that had armor reducing skills, since I was on Hardcore mode.
#18 Posted by Vaile (355 posts) -
@Mandaray: That's more than I can say, I never really managed to Charm/Intimidate Morinth enough to get her in the first place!
#19 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -
@mracoon said:

Did not know that.

Must replay game.

#20 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -
@Mandaray: Ah man, you're missing out.  Dominate is great.  It's not the quickest way to take out people, but it's gotta be one of the funnest ways.  I always chose that for my bonus power and I always had Morinth on my team so we could go back and forth either trapping the same person in dominate or tagging off between people.  Either way, the enemy was always fighting amongst themselves and not attacking us.  That combined with my Singularity (which can stun a person in armor) or Tali's Combat Drone was a lot of fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.