Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Shockwave...what they should have done...

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Doctorchimp

Shockwave shouldn't have been a default power for the Adept and Vanguard. It should have been replaced with Barrier... 

Then have Jack's new power be Shockwave and Jacob's new power should have been Warp Ammo with incendiary being replaced with Barrier. 

Right?

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Azteck

No. Just no. Barrier is awful, and I never used it during any of the games. Not even during my Insanity playthrough.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @Azteck: Right because you had to choose it over something else in the bonus powers. All I'm saying is it's better than Shockwave and would have helped out the Vanguard a lot more. 
    Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @Azteck: Wait when you say games are you talking about Mass Effect 1 too? Because then you'd be wrong.
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Azteck
    @Doctorchimp: No, because when I used it it didn't help me at all. Shockwave, however, was extremely helpful to me.
    Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @Azteck: Why would you use Shockwave over say throw? Or a pull? The cooldown on is too long for what it does.

If you're an adept, singularity is a lot more powerful on top of that.
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Azteck
    @Doctorchimp: I'm saying that I would have used it over Barrier any day of the week. Obviously throw was more useful, but I never ever liked the barrier ability.
    Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @Azteck: Alright, that's irrational. But whatever.
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By rjayb89

I usually used Shockwave on husks, or any other melee-based attackers, but only on Normal and Veteran difficulties.  I could see it being a bit useless at higher levels since, I don't think, it has any special properties that pierce through barriers/shields/armor.  Your suggestion is quite welcome.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @rjayb89 said:
    " I usually used Shockwave on husks, or any other melee-based attackers, but only on Normal and Veteran difficulties.  I could see it being a bit useless at higher levels since, I don't think, it has any special properties that pierce through barriers/shields/armor.  Your suggestion is quite welcome. "
    Yeah, I don't really know why it was actually put into the game. The weird niche it was in was already better served by Throw or Singularity for what you want to do. But they take out Stasis and Barrier on the adept and replace it with something too weak for its own cooldown and doesn't really do anything different. 

Whatever I guess, the Adept is powerful enough as it is and I've already beaten the game with him. It was always something that struck me as incredibly odd.
    DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By DougQuaid

I have yet to even put a point in Shockwave on my Adept in ME2.  But I agree, it is more useful than Barrier which gets shot off really quickly.   Extra shield abilites aren't really worth the points except for the Sentinel's Tech Armor.

Warp ammo though... that's the bee's fucking knees.    

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Afroman269

The only biotic attack that was the most effective for me was warp. Miranda's warp helped me greatly for completely the game on Insane. Barrier was pointless when I had fortification. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.