Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Should I?

Avatar image for andrewbeardsley
    AndrewBeardsley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AndrewBeardsley

So Mass Effect 3 is out soon as I'm sure you all know. What I'm wondering, should i go pick up the ps3 version of mass effect 2, play through it and then import that save.

I have already played through M E 2 on 360 multiple times but do not have the ability to import my save anymore. So what should i do? I can get the Ps3 version for cheap too

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By zidd

Playing with an imported save is a big part of what makes Mass Effect unique from other games. If you want to make sure all of the decisions YOU made get into the game you should probably replay it.

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Shabs

If you have the time, absolutely. It totally holds up.

Just finished an Insanity run of ME2 last night and it was like watching a favourite movie all over again.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Morrow

@Zidd said:

Playing with an imported save is a big part of what makes Mass Effect unique from other games. If you want to make sure all of the decisions YOU made get into the game you should probably replay it.

I read in another thread that the impact of your previous savefile is rather small. Do you know any details about how exactly the events of ME3 change because of your ME2 decisions?

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By GunslingerPanda
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By AndrewB

If you aren't getting Mass Effect 3 right away or are okay with not digging into it until you're finished with 2, then absolutely. It's a lot of fun to play, and you'll actually get something out of the story.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7  Edited By buft

you could easily finish it in time for Tuesday, so you might as well.

Atom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Atom

I dunno how good the PS3 version is, but I'd replay ME2 on either Xbox or PC any day. Go for it

As much as I hate not having my ME + ME2 Shep for the third game (lost the save when my 360 died), there's no way in hell I'd play through ME1 again :P

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dany

The import of the saves are important. Even if they are small they shape the world environment of everything. Both games are phenomenol and are great in their own way. ME3 looks like it is the bridge between ME1/2 in terms of RPG/combat.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By SlasherMan

@AndrewBeardsley: I don't really think it's as important as others make it out to be. I mean, in ME2 you were given choices before you even started the game to account for not having a save to import. I would assume ME3 is the same in that regard. Even then, the game ultimately remains the same, the big picture doesn't really change and your interactions are eventually minor in the grand scheme of things (unless that's going to change in ME3, but I doubt it).

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Delphic

If you have time to do it. You can get the PS3 version with most of the DLC except for the appearance packs and Arrival DLC for around $20. I have a save file that I can transfer myself, but I'm not sure if I will or not. I don't think the save transfer does much more than reflect some of your major decisions and starts you out at a higher level.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.