Thanks Bioware!!

#1 Posted by amoremono1 (128 posts) -

So, Ive been going through my first playthrough of ME2, and noticed that the new update for the game is freaking awesome!  They made the planet scanner go about twice as fast- finally!  Maybe Ill actually do more of that now...
 
Just thought Id let all yall know

#2 Posted by xyzygy (10078 posts) -

Wow, really? That's actually awesome. Now it's not a legitimate excuse for people to bitch about now.  
 
After all it was probably the most hated part of the game, now it's made easier. Bioware is awesome.

#3 Posted by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -

Interesting. I just started playing so I have nothing to compare to, but thats cool.

#4 Posted by MystDragon3k (119 posts) -

That was the update? I thought my game was glitched and i super lucked out. this is awesome! Thank you so much Bioware!

#5 Posted by BeachThunder (12427 posts) -


#6 Edited by xyzygy (10078 posts) -

It's really awesome for me too because I haven't downloaded any DLC since  the Eviscerator Shotgun. When all the DLC is finished for this game, I'll have the Firewalker missions, Kasumi, this update, the Overlord DLC and whatever else is coming to look forward to! Going to be awesome... I feel that Bioware's DLC for this game is delivering. I'm going to get everything when all the DLC is said and done, it'll be like a whole new game.

#7 Posted by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
" It's really awesome for me too because I haven't downloaded any DLC since  the Eviscerator Shotgun. When all the DLC is finished for this game, I'll have the Firewalker missions, Kasumi, this update, the Overlord DLC and whatever else is coming to look forward to! Going to be awesome... I feel that Bioware's DLC for this game is delivering. I'm going to get everything when all the DLC is said and done, it'll be like a whole new game. "
I wouldn't call this update DLC.
#8 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

They fixed the ability point glitch..no new Shepards for me...

#9 Posted by Relys (984 posts) -

Was there a new update? I just hooked my xbox up to the big TV and started playing again yesterday (which doesn't have internet).

#10 Posted by xyzygy (10078 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" @xyzygy said:
" It's really awesome for me too because I haven't downloaded any DLC since  the Eviscerator Shotgun. When all the DLC is finished for this game, I'll have the Firewalker missions, Kasumi, this update, the Overlord DLC and whatever else is coming to look forward to! Going to be awesome... I feel that Bioware's DLC for this game is delivering. I'm going to get everything when all the DLC is said and done, it'll be like a whole new game. "
I wouldn't call this update DLC. "
Well no, but I mean in addition to the Kasumi, Firewalker, Overlord and future DLC this is a nice little bonus.
#11 Posted by Jadeskye (4368 posts) -

Awesome, the very definition of community support. Making the only bad part of your game more barable for free.

#12 Posted by amoremono1 (128 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
"
"
Ouch......that hurts.
#13 Posted by ProjektGill (753 posts) -

Yeah holy crap the scanner is freakishly fast now. I've already glitched my Shepard and most of my team to unlimited ability points so I'm happy the patch came out after I did that.

#14 Posted by LincoIn (255 posts) -

It only took them 4 months lmao, excellent news though I'm definitely gonna try it out later.

#15 Posted by Garrus (543 posts) -

It's about time, but that won't do justice for the many miners who died mining tiny deposits when they could have struck the motherloads which were never found because of slow scanning...
 
Also I've got that scanning rap thing stuck in my head again...

#16 Posted by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -
@tflea said:
" That is the best game update ever in my opinion. Scanning planets was the main thing keeping me from wanting to do another play through. Huge improvement. The game might as well have been described as planet scanning with a little fighting and dialog on the side before the update. "
Jeez, It's not required is it?
#17 Posted by laalipop (50 posts) -
@JJWeatherman: No, it's not, in fact my first run through I only did it to probe Uranus.
#18 Posted by Yummylee (22568 posts) -

Awesome news. Might finally get around to completing my other two Shepards I've still got somewhere in the middle of the story.

#19 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Shitty part of the game is faster now. Still not fun but faster. Bioware delivers.

#20 Posted by FrogSox (41 posts) -

Planet scanning blew so I only ever scanned planets that had high amounts of resources. I still had more than enough to finish the game with all the upgrades anyway.  
 
FrogSox

#21 Posted by papercut (3556 posts) -

i just came

#22 Posted by Chyro (353 posts) -

Wish they would fix this for PC version.  Anyone got any news on this?

#23 Edited by xyzygy (10078 posts) -
@Chyro said:

" Wish they would fix this for PC version.  Anyone got any news on this? "

360 division paid them off.
#24 Posted by thekingoftoilets (194 posts) -

Mining on the pc is easy as ever. Just turn up your mouse sensitivity and your done =D

#25 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Of course, I finished the game like a week ago, spending probably 5 hours on scanning, and 3 days later they come out with an awesome patch. FML.

#26 Edited by JackG100 (407 posts) -
#27 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

Wow, it was slower than that before?  That's fucking nuts.  I had just recently started playing it and even that wasn't all that fast; I can't imagine it being even slower.

#28 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" Wow, it was slower than that before?  That's fucking nuts.  I had just recently started playing it and even that wasn't all that fast; I can't imagine it being even slower. "
Yeah. It was ridiculously slow.
#29 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@CL60 said: 
" Yeah. It was ridiculously slow. "
But maybe that was the only way to properly balance it, though.  At the end of the game, I'm practically swimming in resources (even Element Zero).  I wouldn't have bothered as much with scanning if it was a frustrating experience.
#30 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

Oh come on, don't act like you all didn't scan every planet dry.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.