The PS3 Deleted My 15 Hour Save Data...I Hate Sony So Much

• 55 results
#1 Edited by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

I got ME2 on Saturday afternoon...and the game just froze up on me.  I had 15 hours into the game, finished every loyality mission for all the current characters thus far...all I had to do was recruit Tali, get the IFF reader...and finish the damn game.   

Now, I already beat the game last year on PC so no real complaints.  However, I didn't buy any of the DLC for PC back then...so the game ironically froze up on the Shadow Broker (the last of the DLC I had left).  Now I have no save data, making me start a new game.   

You know what, same thing happened with Biohazard 5 when I was playing with Ninjahunter two years ago, same thing happened with LBP1, same happened with Demon Souls.  I'm fucking tired of my PS3 deleting saves.   

Fucking bullshit.  I was gong to finish the fucking game over the weekend, but fuck it.  I sent a text to a buddy to take it as he hasn't played it yet.  I'm done with ME2, fucking bullshit yo. 

Almost Half The Trophies Unlocked Too!  
#2 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

I've never had that problem, but i feel for you

#3 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

That is really weak. Is it perhaps a defect with your console? I don't play my PS3 as much as I do my 360 but when I do play I have never had a save file delete itself.

#4 Posted by gamb1t (960 posts) -

its cause of your cheap tv. sony disapproves of this

#5 Posted by Khann (2913 posts) -

cool

#6 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Fuuuu..... that must suck seriously bad. Ironically the PS3 is the easiest console to back up individual save game data of the three (well Wii is pretty easy too). I wonder if anybody's come up with an external backup drive configuration for it yet.

I fear my 256mb 360 memory unit will fail at some point and I won't have a "USB drive image" copy backed up to my PC when it does due to the silly encryption/packaging MS uses. I guess I could format a drive into a smaller chunk, and keep that backed up on my PC, right? Screw 8 gigs at a time.

Is it your HDD failing? Ever try replacing it?

O CLOUD, WHERE ART THOU?

#7 Posted by Daroki (717 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
" O CLOUD, WHERE ART THOU? "
My god this, if there's any issue that I have with my PS3 it's that I desperately want a cloud backup on my save data.  I'm 99% of the way through getting all the items on LBP2 and 26 of 30 levels aced, and I have nightmares that I'm going to wake up and find corrupted save data.  Ok, the nightmares revolve more around my 5 year old playing and doing something stupid to my save data, but still...
#8 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

Hhhmmm... I've been wondering if there's some way to back up saves.

#9 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@ch13696 said:
" Hhhmmm... I've been wondering if there's some way to back up saves. "
...it won't let you for ME2.  Says it's protected.  :|
#10 Posted by sagesebas (1971 posts) -

Yo dude I am 15 hours in and I still have several loyalty missions to do and still have to get some people also, it is my first time through and want to spend as much time as possible with it, also I feel for you dude the game is so awesome, and that totally sounds like it sucks balls

#11 Posted by captain_clayman (3328 posts) -

that happened to me on my pc when i realized even though the games themselves are saved on my terabyte drive, the saves are still on the C drive and when you have to reinstall windows things go bye bye

#12 Edited by xyzygy (10077 posts) -

It's sounds like it happens a lot, so you probably just have a bad system. I've never had a problem with my PS3 in this sense. Granted I hardly play it but you know.

#13 Edited by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@sagesebas: Speed run that shit yo.  I already know most the plot and I'm doing an evil run so I can see what I missed.  Plus I already know the maps by heart so it helps.  x.x 

@xyzygy: I got my PS3 years ago back in Japan, my launch 60 gig American PS3 doesn't have problems...only the JP one with NA copies.  x.x
#14 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

Damn son,that must be rough.

#15 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1789 posts) -

Ironically Freeze is the name of my harmonica-core band.

#16 Posted by DrHawking (211 posts) -
@KaosAngel: Dude same thing happened during the Shadow Broker. Also whenever I saved my game during DLC missions, it would lock me out of my saves completely and I had to restart a whole new game. Awesome game but it can be wonky.
#17 Posted by ProfessorK (829 posts) -

Ugh, now I'm getting paranoid. I just had a 360 go bad on me while playing ME2, then I get it for PS3 and it froze on me the 2nd day in. Damn, I feel for you man.

#18 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @ch13696 said:
" Hhhmmm... I've been wondering if there's some way to back up saves. "
...it won't let you for ME2.  Says it's protected.  :| "
Wait... why is it protected? What's wrong with backing up a save? It's weird because I've even tried this one of my first PS3 games, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and it won't let me back it up. Well, most likely hackers will be on top of this and when they get there then I will be using it. I'm sorry, but I like backed up saves.
#19 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@DrHawking: Yo, did it happen right when you enter the car?  It just froze on the loading screen after that.
#20 Posted by DrHawking (211 posts) -
@KaosAngel: No It happened after the whole car chase during a fire fight. A scripted event  didnt process right and froze it up.
#21 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

From what I've read in this thread, it sounds like it's a bug.  EA better get on their asses and fix this.

#22 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@DrHawking:  

The Bioware Forums say not to play Shadow Broker on PS3.  It's happening for everyone.  Wow, great job Bioware...great job testing this out.  Clearly something like this would've been noticed by QA.
#23 Posted by Shirogane (3581 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
"@sagesebas: Speed run that shit yo.  I already know most the plot and I'm doing an evil run so I can see what I missed.  Plus I already know the maps by heart so it helps.  x.x 

@xyzygy: I got my PS3 years ago back in Japan, my launch 60 gig American PS3 doesn't have problems...only the JP one with NA copies.  x.x "

Well there's your problem! Using a Japanese PS3 with NA games? Are you insane! 

So just to confirm, it deletes all your save data for whatever game it happens to be? Every single slot?
#24 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Shirogane: The Bioware Forums said every save.  It happens even if you have Auto-Save turned off.  Don't play Shadow Broker.
#25 Posted by DrHawking (211 posts) -
@Shirogane said:
" @KaosAngel said:
"@sagesebas: Speed run that shit yo.  I already know most the plot and I'm doing an evil run so I can see what I missed.  Plus I already know the maps by heart so it helps.  x.x 

@xyzygy: I got my PS3 years ago back in Japan, my launch 60 gig American PS3 doesn't have problems...only the JP one with NA copies.  x.x "
Well there's your problem! Using a Japanese PS3 with NA games? Are you insane!  So just to confirm, it deletes all your save data for whatever game it happens to be? Every single slot? "
No that isnt it. I have the 80 gig they put out right before the slim and the same happened to me. 

#26 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

First of all, I've never heard of that many lost saves, some shit is up. You should try resetting your PS3 or something. 
Second of all, if it keeps happening, make AT LEAST two saves.

#27 Edited by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@MordeaniisChaos said:

" make AT LEAST two saves. "

....all new PS3 games have save protect on.  You can't do shit with them.  Fucking Sony needs to put up Cloud saves if they keep protecting save files.
#28 Edited by DeShawn2ks (1057 posts) -

I have never had this happen to me on my PS3 something might be up with yours. Even if this did happen to me it wouldn't be a problem because I learned a long time ago since the PS one to always have more than one save. First time I ever had a corrupted save was on FF7 and I only had one save so I was screwed. I learn my lesson and ever since then I have no fewer than 3 saves. Unless you did have more than one save and it messed up all of them then that would suck. If you are playing a real long game and you have only one save you are just asking for trouble.

#29 Posted by Portis (1283 posts) -

That sucks, I lost an 11 hour save in the PS3 version of Borderlands (it was a known bug at the time.) I was so annoyed, I sold it and promptly bought the Xbox 360 version.

#30 Posted by Kazona (3094 posts) -

Man, that sucks ass dude.

#31 Posted by Telecomdog (29 posts) -

The same things just happened to me but I was only 6 hours in!!! WTF this is a great game which I already finished on the 360 and I still strongly encourage PS3 only owner to play this game but I have to agree this is BULLSHIT!!!

#32 Edited by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -

hmm, could either be the game or your console. My PS3 has never deleted saves. I heard people complaining that the game would freeze and delete your character if you tried doing the shadow broker misson on PS3. Can anyone confirm this? 

Also, why are you blaming SONY for something thats probaly the games fault?
#33 Posted by Milkman (17310 posts) -

If this is the fourth time that this has happened to you, then it's probably a problem on your end.

#34 Edited by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -

I wonder how incline Bioware is going to be about patching this version? Hope they dont just ignore it.
#35 Posted by mordukai (7185 posts) -
@KaosAngel: If, as you say, your PS3 has a history of deleting game saves why don't you finally learn your lesson and start doing a regular back up of your saves? 
#36 Posted by Enigma777 (6058 posts) -

Did your save file get corrupted after it froze? That happened to my with my KZ2 file. Over 400 hours and beating Radec on Elite without dying all lost down the drain in the blink of an eye... :(

#37 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2730 posts) -

The same thing happened with me in Bad Company 2. The game locked on me during an online match, and when I tried to play later that day, all my levels were erased. 

#38 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@gamb1t said:
" its cause of your cheap tv. sony disapproves of this "
Sharp/Loewe AQUOS is not a cheap TV.  I disapprove of your ignorance.
#39 Posted by NinjaHunter (973 posts) -

Hmm... I just finished ME2 and I didn't run into this problem. Although I did encounter a scripting error during Shadow Broker and had to load a previous save. Nothing deleted though. 

#40 Posted by Castiel (2732 posts) -

To me it sounds like you have a defect PS3 and you should properly complain to the retailer or contact Sony, maybe they will offer to repair it.

#41 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -

That sucks!  

Holy shit if you did all the recruit en loyalty missions for all the characters you get before the FFI mission and you played through most of the DLC in just 15 hours!? That is just crazy! I played through Shadow Broker just last night, took me about 4 hours. What difficulty are you playing on?  Hopefully its just this once...

#42 Posted by gamb1t (960 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:
" @gamb1t said:
Sharp/Loewe AQUOS is not a cheap TV.  I disapprove of your ignorance. "
rrrrrriiiiiiigggggghhhhhhttttttttt anyways back to REALITY
#43 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Bouke: Just playing on Normal, was going to do the Insanity run after I start NewGame+.  ME2 isn't that hard if you know what to do and skip most of the parts if you've seen them already.
#44 Posted by Fallen189 (5052 posts) -

lol

#45 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Fallen189: At least I didn't get a comment about my awesome sitcom show, how awesome I am being an American, or my high-and-mightiness.  Can't say if I miss it or not.  :|
#46 Posted by Jeffsekai (7052 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @DrHawking:  

The Bioware Forums say not to play Shadow Broker on PS3.  It's happening for everyone.  Wow, great job Bioware...great job testing this out.  Clearly something like this would've been noticed by QA. "
Actually its Sony's shitty cert process.
#47 Posted by Tearhead (2214 posts) -

Never had that issue with my PS3, however, ME2 on the PC did corrupt my save files one time. Lucky thing I backed up my saves recently. Since my PS3 got the YLOD last year, I back up all my game saves like crazy. But, damn man, that fucking sucks, shit like that makes me never want to play the game again, which is unfortunate.

#48 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@gamb1t said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
" @gamb1t said:
Sharp/Loewe AQUOS is not a cheap TV.  I disapprove of your ignorance. "
rrrrrriiiiiiigggggghhhhhhttttttttt anyways back to REALITY "
You don't know what you're talking about.  Sony's TV's are not even close to the picture or build quality of something designed by the leading TV manufacturer in the world, Loewe and Loewe makes Sharp's Aquos range of LCD TVs (Sharp has a 29% stake in Loewe AG).  You see, in this reality Sony got into a joint venture with Sharp (therefore Loewe) to make their highest end large panel models for them.
#49 Posted by hexx462 (506 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow:  You tell'em! I own 2 Sharp Aquoses (Aquosi?) and they're fantastic TVs.

Also it's a dick move to bash someones equipment.
#50 Posted by ProfessorEss (7513 posts) -

@hexx462: I'm assuming that like the word "sheep", Aquos is plural for Aquos?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.