Voice's slowed down during gameplay?

#1 Edited by MrOldboy (868 posts) -

I have decided to go back to one of my earlier saves and do every possibly mission in ME2 and do the DLC which I just bought the first 2 that I missed since they were on sale. I did not remember this ever happening before in ME2, but during firefights the voice-over gets slowed down considerably into a low pitched indecipherable moan. Has anyone else noticed this happening? I thought it was just an isolated bug at first since it happened on the kasumi dlc, but it has happened upwards of 5 times since on non dlc missions with any character. Just seems weird that I've only noticed it now.  It only happens during gameplay not cutscenes.

#2 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Yeah it's happened to me plenty of times, it's pretty creepy sounding

#3 Posted by RVonE (4634 posts) -

Do you mean during getting shot?
#4 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1787 posts) -

I know it happens when you zoom in with your sniper rifle because it slows down time. I think it also happens when you get low on health.

#5 Posted by dubios451 (134 posts) -

If you pick the infiltrator class you receive a time dilation effect when you zoom a sniper rifle, that makes the voices go slow. I don't think they slow when you are taking damage but the audio definitely washes out.

#6 Posted by StarvingGamer (8157 posts) -
@W0lfbl1tzers said:
" I know it happens when you zoom in with your sniper rifle because it slows down time."
This.  Also I think that it just gets... fuzzy when you're low on health?  Or murky like you're underwater.
#7 Edited by MrOldboy (868 posts) -
@dubios451: yeah but I think it happens even after I am using another weapon. Maybe the effect causes the audio to just get queued up and then it happens. Its getting pretty annoying though, I must not have noticed it during my first playthrough since I've always used an infiltrator and I love the sniper rifles. 

@StarvingGamer:  I know what you're talking about, but thats more of a muffled effect.  
#8 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

With the vanguard, time slows down when leveled up. I noticed it but it i always assumed its because time as slowed down a bit, which tends to happen

#9 Posted by StarvingGamer (8157 posts) -
@Dany: That's right, after you charge as a Vanguard you get a second of slowdown as well.
#10 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

Im playing as soldier and this is exactly happening to me.  Time isn't slowing down, but the actors voices are.  I'm not sure why. 

#11 Edited by MrOldboy (868 posts) -
@grant742: this is what it seems like, just the VO, not anything else
#12 Posted by Jimmi (166 posts) -
@MrOldboy: No, he's right; I play soldier and hear the voices go really low as well. Lower than is possible without distortion. I think it's either when you're about to die or during adrenalin rush?
#13 Posted by Jocund (124 posts) -
@Jimmi: I think it's just some sort of bug; I have characters of the Soldier and Infiltrator class, and they both seem to have issues in combat where the voices go very low- even when I'm not zooming in/ using Adrenaline rush. 
#14 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

Dude it happens every time you sprint, I didn't know it was an issue I just thought it was an effect from running real fast.

#15 Posted by Waffles13 (609 posts) -

Just replayed, and while I'd noticed it before, it felt really prominent this time. Every time you sprint, VO gets soooo low. Seems like a design choice, but it sounds so stupid and out of place I feel like it may be some sort of bug while playing as a Soldier.

#16 Edited by Wiseblood (641 posts) -

When you have a sprint speed bonus from your armor (or from the soldier class) for some reason instead of actually making you run faster, it slightly slows down time when you're running.  A very odd design choice on Bioware's part.

#17 Posted by sfighter21 (798 posts) -
@blacklabeldomm said:
" Dude it happens every time you sprint, I didn't know it was an issue I just thought it was an effect from running real fast. "
Yes.  I always thought it was just them trying to give you the effect of you moving so fast things are slowing down around you slightly.
#18 Posted by MrOldboy (868 posts) -

thats interesting, I'll have to check next time and see if I have any speed bonuses.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.