Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Voice's slowed down during gameplay?

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MrOldboy

I have decided to go back to one of my earlier saves and do every possibly mission in ME2 and do the DLC which I just bought the first 2 that I missed since they were on sale. I did not remember this ever happening before in ME2, but during firefights the voice-over gets slowed down considerably into a low pitched indecipherable moan. Has anyone else noticed this happening? I thought it was just an isolated bug at first since it happened on the kasumi dlc, but it has happened upwards of 5 times since on non dlc missions with any character. Just seems weird that I've only noticed it now.  It only happens during gameplay not cutscenes.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Venatio

Yeah it's happened to me plenty of times, it's pretty creepy sounding

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By RVonE

Do you mean during getting shot?
    W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

I know it happens when you zoom in with your sniper rifle because it slows down time. I think it also happens when you get low on health.

dubios451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By dubios451

If you pick the infiltrator class you receive a time dilation effect when you zoom a sniper rifle, that makes the voices go slow. I don't think they slow when you are taking damage but the audio definitely washes out.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#6  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @W0lfbl1tzers said:
    " I know it happens when you zoom in with your sniper rifle because it slows down time."
    This.  Also I think that it just gets... fuzzy when you're low on health?  Or murky like you're underwater.
    MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrOldboy
    @dubios451: yeah but I think it happens even after I am using another weapon. Maybe the effect causes the audio to just get queued up and then it happens. Its getting pretty annoying though, I must not have noticed it during my first playthrough since I've always used an infiltrator and I love the sniper rifles. 

@StarvingGamer:  I know what you're talking about, but thats more of a muffled effect.  
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Dany

With the vanguard, time slows down when leveled up. I noticed it but it i always assumed its because time as slowed down a bit, which tends to happen

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#9  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Dany: That's right, after you charge as a Vanguard you get a second of slowdown as well.
    GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By GJSmitty

Im playing as soldier and this is exactly happening to me.  Time isn't slowing down, but the actors voices are.  I'm not sure why. 

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrOldboy
    @grant742: this is what it seems like, just the VO, not anything else
    Jimmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Jimmi
    @MrOldboy: No, he's right; I play soldier and hear the voices go really low as well. Lower than is possible without distortion. I think it's either when you're about to die or during adrenalin rush?
    Jocund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Jocund
    @Jimmi: I think it's just some sort of bug; I have characters of the Soldier and Infiltrator class, and they both seem to have issues in combat where the voices go very low- even when I'm not zooming in/ using Adrenaline rush. 
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Vinny_Says

Dude it happens every time you sprint, I didn't know it was an issue I just thought it was an effect from running real fast.

Waffles13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Waffles13

Just replayed, and while I'd noticed it before, it felt really prominent this time. Every time you sprint, VO gets soooo low. Seems like a design choice, but it sounds so stupid and out of place I feel like it may be some sort of bug while playing as a Soldier.

Wiseblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Wiseblood

When you have a sprint speed bonus from your armor (or from the soldier class) for some reason instead of actually making you run faster, it slightly slows down time when you're running.  A very odd design choice on Bioware's part.

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sfighter21
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    " Dude it happens every time you sprint, I didn't know it was an issue I just thought it was an effect from running real fast. "
    Yes.  I always thought it was just them trying to give you the effect of you moving so fast things are slowing down around you slightly.
    MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MrOldboy

thats interesting, I'll have to check next time and see if I have any speed bonuses.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.