What will the "color" of Mass Effect 3 be?

• 0 results
#1 Posted by BulletStorm (488 posts) -

We're talking hud and menu mostly. Mass Effect 1 was all blue, some green, and Mass Effect 2 is all orange.  

So. Final chapter. Does Mass Effect 3 stay orange? Go blue? What would you like to see / what are you speculating? 

#2 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -

Purple!

#3 Posted by BeachThunder (12306 posts) -

<-

#4 Posted by RE_Player1 (7574 posts) -

Purple 

#5 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Green.

#6 Posted by Yummylee (22301 posts) -

A rainbow.

#7 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11458 posts) -

I'm hoping it goes back to blue. 

#8 Posted by mazik765 (2316 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" I'm hoping it goes back to blue.  "
This I'd say.
#9 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" I'm hoping it goes back to blue.  "
This. I preferred the blue. It's more space-y than orange or purple.
#10 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Ginger...

but no, it'll be purple since that's the other combination of colors they didn't use yet. 1 was Blue and Green (turquoise/cyan), 2 was Green and Red (orange/yellow), 3 will be Blue and Red (indigo/lavender).

#11 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

The correct answer is, who gives a fuck. That's my final answer..who gives a fuck.

#12 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@Roflwaffles said:
" Red. "
Final battle with a bunch of red dudes. And you're emo for some revenge maybe. Red.
#13 Posted by PoppaKyle (219 posts) -

Purple
#14 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

Neon white.

#15 Posted by SliPaladin (2 posts) -

I'm hoping for Aqua blue or the Tron blue kind, if not it's probably going to be red.

#16 Posted by Helimocopter (369 posts) -

Fluorescent Beige

#17 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2151 posts) -

Pearlescent.

#18 Posted by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -

It'll depend on your character's morality alignment.  Red/blue.

#19 Posted by Blair (2525 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" Neon white. "
I would love this.
#20 Posted by SilentCommando (579 posts) -

Pink

#21 Posted by illmatic19 (964 posts) -

Why don't they just let you pick the colour like Fallout 3 did with the pip-boy.

#22 Posted by ajamafalous (12129 posts) -
I'd like to see blue again, but I have a feeling it'll either be green, red, or purple.

@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

The correct answer is, who gives a fuck. That's my final answer..who gives a fuck.

"
Nice constructive post.
#23 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:

" I'd like to see blue again, but I have a feeling it'll either be green, red, or purple.

@HitmanAgent47

said:
"

"
Nice constructive post. "

I didn't even remember the hud had any colors or any different colors. I mean who cares. If I had to pick a color, maybe blue, or orange, I don't care.
#24 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @ajamafalous said:
" I'd like to see blue again, but I have a feeling it'll either be green, red, or purple.

@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

"
I didn't even remember the hud had any colors or any different colors. I mean who cares. "
Yeah, as long as its rendered as nicely as something like Crysis than what does it matter? :P Those menus should pop off the screen in eye-searing HD, no matter what color they are!
#25 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @ajamafalous said:

@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

"
I didn't even remember the hud had any colors or any different colors. I mean who cares. "
You could say the same thing for a lot of your threads too...
#26 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -

green and purple 
neon white would be sick too though

#27 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

I got these from swapping around the color channels in a ME2 screen. One is RGB>GBR the other is RGB>BRG with the colors rotated 180 degrees.

This one is a 50-50 blend of the two.

I like either the darker purple or the blend. The light one is too magenta and almost pinkish.
#28 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

For me, any color will do. As long as the game is good.

#29 Posted by FlipperDesert (2105 posts) -

Mauve.

#30 Edited by guiseppe (2842 posts) -

Black and red, the colors of death and blood (or maybe death and the color of some ancient machines).

#31 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

WMP Visualizations

#32 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@Jasta said:
" Milkdrop Visualizations "
Fixed
#33 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

Touché.

#34 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -

Who cares? It's going to suck anyway, just like the last games... well, game. I can't really speak for ME2 because ME was such a pile of dicks that I could only give it about 5-6 hours before giving up. That started my hate for RPGs...

#35 Posted by Raakill (870 posts) -
@illmatic19 said:
" Why don't they just let you pick the colour like Fallout 3 did with the pip-boy. "
This.
#36 Posted by Soapy86 (2638 posts) -
@rjayb89 said:
" It'll depend on your character's morality alignment.  Red/blue. "
#37 Posted by lilarchie232 (728 posts) -

Yellow?

#38 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@hematurge said:
" @illmatic19 said:
" Why don't they just let you pick the colour like Fallout 3 did with the pip-boy. "
This. "
That might still happen. However Fallout 3 still had a default color (which tinted everything else in the game BTW and was not changeable in the world), mold green.
#39 Posted by Raakill (870 posts) -
@MrKlorox:  Yeah I know that green tint all to well. Luckily there's mod to remove it. Thank you fellout.
#40 Posted by AuthenticM (3791 posts) -

Purple or red.

#41 Posted by BulletStorm (488 posts) -

Most popular answers are red and purple; I have a feeling about purple too - choosing hud colors would be nice too - everyone could be happy.

#42 Posted by Redbullet685 (6068 posts) -

Neon Pink

#43 Posted by InfamousBIG (3219 posts) -
@AlwaysAngry: You gave up on the game before it gets good.  ME1 certainly has its problems, though.  I personally ended up loving the game. 
You should seriously try ME2 though.  I swear, on my life, it improves on the first in every conceivable way.  It's a fucking badassed game.
#44 Posted by Gamer_152 (14100 posts) -

The menus will all be themed around Jeff Bridges.

#45 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3710 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

"
Obviously a lot of people. Don't post if you don't care. 
I'm all for purple.
#46 Edited by jorbear (2517 posts) -
@rjayb89 said:

" It'll depend on your character's morality alignment.  Red/blue. "

That would be awesome my friend. You deserve a medal.
#47 Posted by TooWalrus (13255 posts) -

glow-in-the-dark

#48 Posted by CoheedFavorHouse (670 posts) -
@Helimocopter said:
" Fluorescent Beige "
#49 Posted by Noremac1991 (2 posts) -
@rjayb89 said:
" It'll depend on your character's morality alignment.  Red/blue. "@rjayb89 said:

Black chrome would be cool! However as quoted above Red/blue showing morality would also be quite cool, showing the character's moral progress visually as part of the HUD/Menu instead of a bar in the character menu showing paragon/renegade.
#50 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

A more yellowish tone would be nice. Would remind me of Sunshine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.