Who do you role with?

• 52 results
#1 Posted by TomA (2531 posts) -

I have yet to go and get Tali and Samara, but so far I've been rollin with Garrus full time, he is the best character in that entire game. And also Thane, i only got him recently but i use almost exclusively now. If theres a third it would be Mordin, his powers are amazing, especially Neural Shock. Godammit i love this game. What about you guys?

#2 Edited by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -
#3 Edited by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

I like to switch around. That's the good thing about equipment in this game--there's no penalty for trying to use everybody. But Thane and Mordin are my personal favorites, so they're in my squad pretty often.

#4 Posted by Capt_Ventris (597 posts) -

Havnt played Mass Effect 2 yet, but I always rolled with Wrex and Garrus in the first one.

#5 Posted by Semition (731 posts) -

Garrus is almost always a member in my party. His party armor-piercing rounds is so powerful, especially later on. The third person varies depending on what I need.

#6 Posted by DonChipotle (2804 posts) -

I went with Legion and Samara. Legion was useful with his tech skills and sniping and Samara was my biotic choice.

#7 Posted by Veektarius (4972 posts) -

I mixed it up so that I rolled with everyone about equally, with the least time spent with Mordin and Legion, Mordin because his abilties were so weak against shielded enemies and Legion just because he shows up so damned late in the game. 

#8 Posted by Demonstride (864 posts) -

I've actually used Miranda and Jacob a lot I also use Garrus a lot most recently I have been using Grunt and Mordin because I was doing their loyalties. They seem like a good team I might continue to use them.

#9 Posted by raidingkvatch (1157 posts) -

Using Grunt quite a lot at the moment as he complements my skills quite nicely, but I have been trying to rotate quite a bit + if someone has a personal reason for being somewhere I tend to bring them along for the whole ride, rather than just their mission (which they have to be in your party for)

#10 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

I change it up depending on what the mission is.  I kinda like to role-play in the way of whom would actually probably be on the mission at hand.

#11 Posted by Kombat (2205 posts) -

Garrus and Miranda.  I'll sometimes switch out Garrus for Jacob.

#12 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -

I always switch out, but I find Tali and Grunt are my go-to team. Samara, Archangel, and the final teammate are commonly used, too.
#13 Posted by SmasheControllers (2552 posts) -

Depends on the enemies in the mission. If it's Geth or Mechs then I go with Tali/Legion and Jack, Humans then I Thane and Grunt.

#14 Posted by Creamypies (4088 posts) -

I switch around a fair bit... but I've surprisingly been using Zaeed alot... his grenades are awesome!

#15 Posted by carlthenimrod (1597 posts) -

I switch it up for each mission. One of the many great things about this game, it doesn't punish you for messing around with multiple characters.

#16 Posted by Toxin066 (3319 posts) -

Garrus and Jacob. Sometimes Garrus and the Doc. Garrus has my back.

#17 Posted by Toxin066 (3319 posts) -

Garrus and Jacob. Sometimes Garrus and the Doc. Garrus has my back.

#18 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1044 posts) -

As an adept on insanity I roll with Mordin at all times (wide incinerate is just too valuable against husks and large groups of krogans) and either Miranda or Zaeed.

#19 Posted by TomA (2531 posts) -
@ImperiousRix said:
"

I change it up depending on what the mission is.  I kinda like to role-play in the way of whom would actually probably be on the mission at hand.

"
i sometime do that too
#20 Posted by Novyx (479 posts) -

If it's a low-impact mission, by which I mean anything not on Insanity, I like to use Tali and Legion. Doubled drones break up enemy groups a lot to take out with my inferno rounds on machine gun or sniper rifle, with Adrenaline. When either one isn't available, Jack is the next in line, because of shockwave.

#21 Posted by Veektarius (4972 posts) -
@creamypies: I like Zaeed a lot, both his voice acting and he does well as a fighter, too.  But they just don't develop him quite enough for me to feel right using him instead of the other characters...
#22 Posted by Creamypies (4088 posts) -
@Veektarius said:
" @creamypies: I like Zaeed a lot, both his voice acting and he does well as a fighter, too.  But they just don't develop him quite enough for me to feel right using him instead of the other characters... "
I agree. It's pretty lame how you can't actually have a proper conversation with him on the Normandy.
#23 Posted by SonicBoyster (360 posts) -

Garrus and Tali were my go-to team.  Garrus because he rolled with me consistently throughout Mass Effect 1 and Tali because I'm old school.

#24 Posted by AArmyofJuan (14 posts) -

Guess I need to start by saying I am using the Solider class.  Haven't got the last party member yet so I've been using Grunt for extra muscle and Samara for the Biotics.  In addition I added Slam to my Solider by completing a loyalty mission.  Burn through enemy shields and have Samara use Pull followed by you using Slam and they're done.

#25 Posted by IzzyGraze (852 posts) -

I go with Jack all the time. I upped her bio powers like mad and her shockwave ability is really good. Looking for a good tech character now. I pissed Miranda off so she's out now but I haven't gotten Samara or Legion yet. Thane is my current stand-in.

#26 Posted by MikkaQ (10329 posts) -

I like to swap around a bit, but Garrus is a definite mainstay. I've been using Miranda more ever since she started going all "ho" on Shepard.  
I also roll regularly with Grunt and Tali. 

#27 Posted by KME93 (206 posts) -

Well I wil probably continue how I started in ME1 with Garrus and Grunt filling in for Wrex. I will definatly roll with Thane for a bit because he has all those biotics and looks like a badass
#28 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

Mostly Garrus and Thane, sometimes Garrus and Tali.

#29 Posted by gewfienewfie (79 posts) -

Depends on the situation. For battles involving mechs, I bring Tali and Garrus. For fights involving squishy mercs, I like to have Zaeed and Mordin. If I'm fighting Collectors, Thane and Garrus for their ammo buffs.

#30 Posted by Milkman (17172 posts) -

Jacob and Miranda. Humans FTW.

#31 Posted by EpicSteve (6495 posts) -

Mordin and Grunt all the way. I never have problem with them dying, and Grunt's humorous comments make the missions even more enjoyable.

#32 Posted by rohanspear345 (341 posts) -

ZAEED! my dude too bad they half assed zaeeds dialogue and grunt/mordin are my favorites but i take everyone out a little

#33 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

I try to use everyone all the time. But many get the shaft.

#34 Posted by Skytylz (4035 posts) -

garrus and miranda

#35 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I roll with Grunt and Jack. Jack's shockwave abilities can hit a lot of different enemies for mucho damage, and Grunt has a lot of useful ammo types, as well as his football charge attack, plus his specialty in assault rifles and shotguns. 

#36 Edited by EvolutionX0 (413 posts) -

Jacob And Garrus, Sometimes i bring Zaeed. But I'm just starting on the 2nd part of dossiers, so it will properly change.

#37 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -

I was using Garrus and Miranda for a while, but recently I've replaced Miranda with Thane. 

#38 Posted by RTSlord (1201 posts) -

For now, Garrus and Miranda. But soon its gonna be Garrus and Legion
#39 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I usaully switch people out depending on the mission, though I really like having Tali or Legion along so that I can run a drone as a temporary distraction. 

I also run Garrus a lot because of his Armor Piercing rounds and Overload. 

Also Grunt. Because he is Grunt.

#40 Posted by Nictel (2430 posts) -

Miranda and Grunt. We were like a couple walking the dog at the park.

#41 Posted by HistoryInRust (6374 posts) -

Garrus is always a stalwart on my team. He's the most engaging character, and he's sort of like an old friend at this point. 

After that, it's a crapshoot between Miranda, Jacob, and Thane. Thane and Garrus have some good banter, so I like to have them together, plus Thane's biotics offset Garrus's assault-based powers.

#42 Posted by xyzygy (10062 posts) -

Playing Insanity, you have to decide who you take for each mission. So it's always changing as of right now. But on my first playthrough, I used Legion whenever I could and switched up between Garrus and Thane.

#43 Posted by Time_Lord (723 posts) -

I change it up depending on the mission. But my defaults were Miranda and Tali I love me some space blouse.

#44 Posted by krisp (31 posts) -

Garrus and Mordin if i don't care about performance.

If i do, it depends on class, but usually Miranda (squad weapon damage, good array of powers) and...someone else.

#45 Posted by immike (714 posts) -

I'm kinda on the fence on this one. I almost always choose Tali, because she's my fav character and garrus, because he's a cool dude. I used Tali and Wrex in the first one, and might use Grunt and Tali for a while. Using Grunt is like having a really cool pet imo. I like pets.

#46 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

I run and occasionally walk, sometimes even chat to, but never roll with: Miranda and Zaeed, but that's all I have at this moment, just got Archangel.

#47 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Legion and Tali or Thane and Garrus. Tends to change if I'm in combat or just going around the Citadel and such. 

#48 Posted by loldetaerleo (159 posts) -

Garrus and Thane, always.

#49 Posted by JeanLuc (3604 posts) -

depends on enemies. if there robots I'll bring Tali or Legion with me for example.

#50 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

Leigon, Thane, Garrus and Miranda. I switch it up a lot, so I really use everyone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.