Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Will missions played after the suicide mission factor into ME3?

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By FreakAche

I just played through Shadow Broker and loved it, but it got me thinking. Will any of the stuff I'm doing in my post-collector base save (DLC or otherwise) carry over to Mass Effect 3? I know that with ME1 -> ME2 imports the file that you actually carry over is made only once at the end of the first game, but will that be the case again?

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Cornman89

At least on consoles, the clear save is hidden from the user, so we really don't know what's going on in there. I assume, though, considering the post-release DLC, that the clear save can be updated with new variables even after you beat the game.

Kiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Kiro

It will probably be like in Dragon Age, you pick which save you want to import.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SteamPunkJin
    @Kiro said:
    " It will probably be like in Dragon Age, you pick which save you want to import. "
    Beat me to it. Which in a way is too bad - I will often delete my Shepards so that I will actually play a new character (with ME1 I could rest safely knowing the clear data was there), I'm thinking my initial runs through ME2 are probably gone for good now.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By buft
    @SteamPunkJin said:
    " @Kiro said:
    " It will probably be like in Dragon Age, you pick which save you want to import. "
    Beat me to it. Which in a way is too bad - I will often delete my Shepards so that I will actually play a new character (with ME1 I could rest safely knowing the clear data was there), I'm thinking my initial runs through ME2 are probably gone for good now.  "
    i know mine where, i literally just beat the game again last night with a sentinel i had a partial save for. im prepping for this DLC which should effect ME3.
    Pumpe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Pumpe

Considering what you get at the end of lotsb Id say it wouldnt make sense if it isnt a taste of whats to come. Regardless if its a DLC or not.

THRICE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By THRICE

It makes sense that post final mission activities would be carried over. If you play Lair of the Shadow Broker after finishing the main game there are references made to Shep and crew doing the suicide mission in the dialogue. BioWare has also said The Arrival will have slight variances depending on if it is done before or after the main story is completed which practically confirms everything would carry over to 3 if they would do that.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By FreakAche

Okay, so it sounds like maybe they fixed the save import system, but even still, I can't get over the fact that there are just some weird inconsistencies in the dialogue if you try to talk to your crew after the suicide mission. They sort of act like it hasn't happened yet. It's as if BioWare never really intended you to keep playing on the same save after you beat the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-6204297b0c601
    deactivated-6204297b0c601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

@FreakAche: That's probably just a function of how difficult it would have been to make every relevant piece of dialogue vary if you encounter it before or after the suicide mission.  With Lair of the Shadow Broker and Arrival (presumably), since the developers knew a lot of people would be playing them after the end game, they could plan ahead and only write a few lines of dialogue that would need to be changed. 

New Game+ in ME2 lets you pick a specific save file to import, rather than just a clear save for a character/playthrough, so I imagine BioWare will do something similar for ME3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.