Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Will PC version have 360 Controller support?

Xelloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Xelloss

Will the PC version have 360 Controller support?  Anyone know yet?  I prefer my 3rd person games with controller.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

i'm totally sure it will. aren't all games for windows live games supposed to have x360 controller support? 

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Geno
    @AjayRaz said:
    "i'm totally sure it will. aren't all games for windows live games supposed to hate x360 controller support?  "

Yeah, and beyond that most games nowadays have 360 controller support anyway. Even indie games like "The Path" has 360 controller support, as does "And Yet It Moves".
    mattbirdy1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By mattbirdy1986

Gears And Batman And Halo 2 have played like they would on 360 on my PC with a 360 Pad :D

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CL60

I doubt it. It has a completely different UI in place that is made for the mouse and not for a controller, and I doubt they will put both of the interfaces in the game. Unless they did for ME1, I don't even know.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Marz

It won't because Pc version was designed with action bars user interface and the Radial wheel that 360 version has is going to be ommitted.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MikkaQ

I hope the interface will just change. Not a mouse and keyboard fan, and I'm playing an action-RPG, so it doesn't even matter that hard. It's not like you need to aim particularly well or fast.

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By General_D23
    @Marz said:

"It won't because Pc version was designed with action bars user interface and the Radial wheel that 360 version has is going to be ommitted. "

Yeah, the created it specifically for the PC. Mouse and keyboard.
    felixlighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By felixlighter

I believe Bioware has officially stated that there will not be Xbox 360 controller support on PC.

jasonsupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jasonsupreme
    @Xelloss:
    The mouse and keyboard is way more quicker and accurate when it comes to aiming BUT i just love using the 360 controller when it comes to 3rd person games and if you have a big enough monitor you can sit back in the sofa and play it.  Anyway if this game does not support the 360 controller you can always use the software "Pinnacle Game Profiler" it absolutely works with every game including mass effect 1 and you can really fine tune it close enough to be just like the 360 or dowload pofiles made by other users, the only problem is after downloading the trial version of this software you have to pay for it when it expires if you wish to continue using it, but it's worth given it a try.  Make sure you download the Beta 5 patch or later, without it I couldn't use it on my latest games.   

Hope this helps
    h0lgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By h0lgr

There's no 360 controller support.
    The UI differences is like they are in Dragon Age, radio menu vs. action bar.
    It doesn't feel like a port, it's a very PC-ish PC game. It's pretty good actually.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pause422

Nah I believe it isn't going to. I thought so at first I remembered hearing it, but I think I got ME2 confused with Bad Company 2. Its not GFW either.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lockwoodx
    @XII_Sniper said:

"  I'm playing an action-RPG, so it doesn't even matter that hard. It's not like you need to aim particularly well or fast. "

What a sterling example of the modern console generation. Keep drooling on those controllers kids.... it's all a secret plot by the North Koreans so they can use their PC RTS skills to invade America.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Does it matter about the controller if it's wireless? i've been reading how it doesn't work with vista, it doesn't pick up the signal that well and refuses to connect, otherwise I might of bought a xbox360 controller if I could find a wired one. I hope that has a usb slot if you take the wire in half. Must be great how you can just plug a microsoft controller and everything works like a console immediately.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Buzzkill: What a sterling example of a typical PC nerd. An elitist prick who feels the need to criticize people who'd rather relax on a couch with a controller ergonomically shaped to their hands, than hunch over on a office chair, looking into a tiny monitor, and using a mouse and keyboard just because it might improve performance.  

Who the fuck cares? Both ways work equally well, I've had fun playing games both control styles, I'd just rather play something like an RPG with the most comfortable method possible. I'm gonna be sitting there for hours compared to FPS games, so I might as well relax.

PC v. Console fanboy wars are retarded, and so's anyone who propagates them.
    lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lockwoodx
    @XII_Sniper: lol umad
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Binman88
    @XII_Sniper said:

" @Buzzkill: What a sterling example of a typical PC nerd. An elitist prick who feels the need to criticize people who'd rather relax on a couch with a controller ergonomically shaped to their hands, than hunch over on a office chair, looking into a tiny monitor, and using a mouse and keyboard just because it might improve performance.   Who the fuck cares? Both ways work equally well, I've had fun playing games both control styles, I'd just rather play something like an RPG with the most comfortable method possible. I'm gonna be sitting there for hours compared to FPS games, so I might as well relax. PC v. Console fanboy wars are retarded, and so's anyone who propagates them. "

Hmm
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By Snail

I prefer this game with a mouse and keyboard, the interface is so much easier to use.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Binman88: 

Ahh wikipedia links. The height of classy humor. Go read a dictionary sir, or read my post again. I don't take a side in the console wars. I play both PC and Consoles, I just, in this case, prefer using a controller due to the comfort it provides. 

@Buzzkill: 

Well ya did tell me to keep drooling on my controller, so yep... you can go fuck your little brother or something.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xyzygy

I feel like this game was meant for the 360 controller, what with it being called a "Radial Menu" and all. That sucks for PC owners who want it though, but I'm sure they'll deal.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Binman88
    @XII_Sniper said:
    " @Binman88: 

Ahh wikipedia links. The height of classy humor. Go read a dictionary sir, or read my post again. I don't take a side in the console wars. I play both PC and Consoles, I just, in this case, prefer using a controller due to the comfort it provides. 

@Buzzkill: 

Well ya did tell me to keep drooling on my controller, so yep... you can go fuck your little brother or something.
    "
    Lol. Have a reread of your post, maybe you'll realise what I meant. I won't hold my breath!
    NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NoXious
    @xyzygy:

Uhm what? Radial Menu? Where? Maybe during conversations, but we'll manage seeing as in ME1 it converted mouse movement perfectly in conversations.
    I wonder if the 360 controller can make use of the quick slot mapping though, since they have improved it by miles. You can actually map your teammates skill onto your quick slots! :-O

Azrail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Azrail
    @xyzygy said:
    " I feel like this game was meant for the 360 controller, what with it being called a "Radial Menu" and all. That sucks for PC owners who want it though, but I'm sure they'll deal. "
    lol interface is better on pc, but im sure you will enjoy ur radial menu never knowing better 

and mouse + keyboard allows for more types of keystrokes so therefore more complicated/detailed games, along with that little accuracy thing
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Binman88: Okay I reread it. 

@XII_Sniper
    said:
    Who the fuck cares? Both ways work equally well, I've had fun playing games both control styles

But please do hold your breath, don't bother stopping, even. It'll make the world a better place. I'm sick dealing with idiot fanboys.
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Binman88
    @XII_Sniper said:
    " @Binman88: Okay I reread it. 

@XII_Sniper
    said:
    Who the fuck cares? Both ways work equally well, I've had fun playing games both control styles
    But please do hold your breath, don't bother stopping, even. It'll make the world a better place. I'm sick dealing with idiot fanboys. "
    I merely pointed out that you provided fuel to the system war's fire, and then called people who do that 'retarded'. I thought it was a bit ironic. Are you calling me a fanboy of pointing out irony?
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Binman88: No, no, just the post that originated this mess. I'm sick of dealing with those idiots. And all the fallout that proceeds them. 

I don't even know what you were trying to do. Look smart or something? I dunno, pointing that kinda shit out isn't even relevant. 

I don't see how I provided any fuel to the fire. I was defending consoles cus they were getting bashed. I'll defend PCs when they're getting bashed, but the PC fanboys are waay to aggressive about it anyway, not a whole lot to defend at the moment. The real thing I was bashing was being a PC nerd about it. It's the same kinda prick who goes out of their way to eat organic food, or cane sugar. Sure those things are good and fine, but you look like a dick for bashing other people's choices.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Binman88: No, no, just the post that originated this mess. I'm sick of dealing with those idiots. And all the fallout that proceeds them. 

I don't even know what you were trying to do. Look smart or something? I dunno, pointing that kinda shit out isn't even relevant. 

I don't see how I provided any fuel to the fire. I was defending consoles cus they were getting bashed. I'll defend PCs when they're getting bashed, but the PC fanboys are waay to aggressive about it anyway, not a whole lot to defend at the moment. The real thing I was bashing was being a PC nerd about it. It's the same kinda prick who goes out of their way to eat organic food, or cane sugar. Sure those things are good and fine, but you look like a dick for bashing other people's choices.
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By thehexeditor
    @XII_Sniper: 
    The pure vitriol you spit out when you first posted was uncalled for. 
    On topic: I also would have liked 360 controller support, especially if it had rumble. I'm a sucker for rumble. :D
    H4wkeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By H4wkeye

I really don't see why would someone play a PC game with controller unless it's a race/fighting/platformer :|

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By metal_mills
    @Xelloss said:
    " Will the PC version have 360 Controller support?  Anyone know yet?  I prefer my 3rd person games with controller. "
    No, it doesn't. Confirmed by the devs.
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By captain_clayman

apparently not. 

and the interface is way better on PC 

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By Diamond

Seems kind of stupid to not have both interfaces available.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.